Author Topic: New GV dar  (Read 44602 times)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: New GV dar
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »
 :x  :x  :x  :bolt:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2017, 12:43:42 PM »
If the game overall is improved then it's a great decision to give it such priority.

Could you elaborate on that statement....over all improve it for whom

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2017, 12:46:17 PM »
And yet the Flyers all scream about "In Real Life". :rofl

Look bottom line, the GV Dar does nothing to improve the GV game, but greatly enhances the Air to ground game by locating the GV's. :O

your killing the GV part of this game because lazy people will not get out of their planes and join the fight on the ground.....it's a choice

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2017, 12:51:28 PM »
I've never been a GVer, I've bombed your type for years, and will continue to do so.  I don't need dar to do it either.   :airplane: :joystick:

It can be said that the addition of GV's ruined the game for those who joined for the air war, and it allows people to be lazy and avoid learning how to fly.   :old:

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2017, 12:51:47 PM »
If only us lowly, cowardly pilot types were as tough, manly, and virile as the GV drivers who the game has always been exclusively about.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2017, 12:56:46 PM »
Could you elaborate on that statement....over all improve it for whom

For the vast majority of the players, they're called pilots.

I know, what a concept - guys play a game called Aces High to fly planes.

your killing the GV part of this game because lazy people will not get out of their planes and join the fight on the ground.....it's a choice

And you're killing this entire combat game by sneaking around on the ground and avoiding combat.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2017, 12:59:10 PM »
For the vast majority of the players, they're called pilots.

I know, what a concept - guys play a game called Aces High to fly planes.

And you're killing this entire combat game by sneaking around on the ground and avoiding combat.

The combat is on the ground silly

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2017, 01:00:31 PM »
You do know what the title of this game is, right?

It's not World of Tanks.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2017, 01:03:13 PM »
Two quick observations:

Is it considered combat to drive 2 hours to an undefended inanimate object and shoot at it?

Your signature line states "49th Fighter Group" but you're actively campaigning for a tank-centric flight simulator.

:devil

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2017, 01:04:16 PM »
You do know what the title of this game is, right?

It's not World of Tanks.

then why are they here, the GV's I mean.......... and just to let you know World of tanks have 10k or more players on line at any given time......we cann't even get 300 players in this game.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2017, 01:05:31 PM »
Two quick observations:

Is it considered combat to drive 2 hours to an undefended inanimate object and shoot at it?

Your signature line states "49th Fighter Group" but you're actively campaigning for a tank-centric flight simulator.

:devil

It's my $14.95 and they said I could do what I wish with it

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2017, 01:05:50 PM »
then why are they here, the GV's I mean.......... and just to let you know World of tanks have 10k or more players on line at any given time......we cann't even get 300 players in this game.

The GV's are here to be food for attack planes.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2017, 01:10:30 PM »
The GV's are here to be food for attack planes.

Then don't advertise it as the most realistic combat sim

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2017, 01:10:51 PM »
Most of the problems with the GV game is the tree density which with the new SpeedTree trees and clutter, Hitech gave us an eye candy world. When we first tested tree density in the alpha, you could drive into a tree line 2 tree rows deep, shut down, and no one driving by at point blank range could see your tank sitting still. Hitech adjusted the density several times while trying to keep a real world look to it. Eye candy is now a defacto standard in all games if you want to stay in business. And why it takes me so long to build a terrain.

So retrospectively tank combat in AH2 was easy mode directly due to the much less dense trees and clutter. You had long sight vistas to long range everyone or perma camp spawns and rack up easy kills. In AH3 you have real world like tree densities which from day one turned tank combat into a nerve wracking and very frustrating endeavor. It appears only a hand full of tank combat players liked it enough to adapt and have fun with the new tank combat.

I don't know what Hitech will have done, or not, about the tree densities on the converted AH2-->AH3 terrains in the tank combat areas. When they were worked up for rotation after the conversion process, no one really had any idea what the real impact on the GV game the tree densities would have. Any change to this game takes time to see the full implications of the change and has always been the rule. So one year on, AH3 tree densities are a bit tight for fun GV combat in the majority of cases. NDisles in the center was tweaked nicely for GV combat and the Mediterranean\Desert tile set is well balanced for tree density to open space for tank combat. That still leaves hundreds of GV spawns on all the other terrains that are in interesting conditions. All this vitriol seems to vote for those conditions not being fun for GV combat.

And I only have two terrains in rotation that have all the spawns tweaked for GV combat. Also I adjusted base distances to favor getting into air combat sooner than later to increase the amount of time air combat players would have for combat versus transit sitting on their thumbs. I treat the air and ground game as equally important to keeping Hitech's doors open.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2017, 01:11:09 PM »
Bunch of guys quit a combat game because it's harder or them to avoid combat. That's addition via subtraction in my book.

:aok

Yeah that is confusing me too..