Author Topic: New GV dar  (Read 44605 times)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: New GV dar
« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2017, 01:15:05 PM »
Yeah that is confusing me too..

Kids these day's with that "New Math" ..........LOL

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2017, 01:16:38 PM »

Then don't advertise it as the most realistic combat sim

When did I ever claim that?

I have specifically framed my arguments to address gameplay. That GV's were historically airplane food as well only strengthens my position.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2017, 01:18:06 PM »

Then don't advertise it as the most realistic combat sim

These guys never existed, and ruined WWII -- cheaters...

"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2017, 01:24:11 PM »
These guys never existed, and ruined WWII -- cheaters...

(Image removed from quote.)

Show me the radar screen on the dash

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2017, 01:25:35 PM »
then why are they here, the GV's I mean.......... and just to let you know World of tanks have 10k or more players on line at any given time......we cann't even get 300 players in this game.

They can get over 10,000 players in one arena, on one map?  Okay, I am impressed.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2017, 01:29:57 PM »
They can get over 10,000 players in one arena, on one map?  Okay, I am impressed.

Laugh.............but they have 10,000 logged in and what would happen if they expanded the arena skuzzy.......any idea?

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2017, 01:30:28 PM »
You do realize tanks were designed for open terrain.  One of the reasons why Arden worked the first time, and nearly worked the second time is the terrain was considered impassible by armor.  Both times was a huge gamble by the Axis going through this area, both getting stuck in mud/muck as well as getting bogged down by the trees themselves and slowing their columns making them easy fodder for air power.

The only reason why the battle of the bulge continued as long as it did was poor weather that kept Allied attack planes from bombing the armored columns, allowing them to move unimpeded.  They would have been fodder for the air corps if they were able to fly.

How about we get rid of dar, but add in random instances of your tracks coming off, or falling into a mud-bog, getting completely blocked off by dense foliage making advance impossible, and retreat a slow and arduous task?  I mean, if we want to go for realism and keep your uberdense trees, this to me seems the most fair and realistic.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2017, 01:30:32 PM »
..... and just to let you know World of tanks have 10k or more players on line at any given time...

Spread out in small, timed arenas that you have to wait for.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2017, 01:33:38 PM »
Can we disable plane radar too.. im scared someone might find me and shoot at me.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2017, 01:34:24 PM »
You should also check out pictures of the battle of Kursk, the largest tank battle in history.  There was massive open terrain making tanks on both sides easy targets for air power.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2017, 01:44:26 PM »
You do realize tanks were designed for open terrain.  One of the reasons why Arden worked the first time, and nearly worked the second time is the terrain was considered impassible by armor.  Both times was a huge gamble by the Axis going through this area, both getting stuck in mud/muck as well as getting bogged down by the trees themselves and slowing their columns making them easy fodder for air power.

The only reason why the battle of the bulge continued as long as it did was poor weather that kept Allied attack planes from bombing the armored columns, allowing them to move unimpeded.  They would have been fodder for the air corps if they were able to fly.

How about we get rid of dar, but add in random instances of your tracks coming off, or falling into a mud-bog, getting completely blocked off by dense foliage making advance impossible, and retreat a slow and arduous task?  I mean, if we want to go for realism and keep your uberdense trees, this to me seems the most fair and realistic.

The comment about not being able to sneek into position.....well they sure did. No doubt the allied air would have stopped the attack but, history shows it was an accomplishment getting the German force in place with out being detected before the operation was brilliant........ The planners of the operations didn't take into consideration the problems they would face once through the allied lines, there were too many must take for the operation to be successful. I think they should have taken a better look at Operation Market Garden and what Monte tried to accomplish in the time frame he had to capture all those bridges...and the support from the rear that bogged down....We were very lucky to have Hitler calling the shots, because if his Generals were in charge the war would have taken longer.....and with out the same results. It was also noted that the allies stopped any attempt to target Hitler, as he was screwing things up far more than what his general staff was.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2017, 01:48:59 PM »
Dundee, have you considered custom arenas?  It sounds like they might give you the gameplay you desire.  You could all spawn in on one side and not have to worry about any enemies to ruin your plans.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2017, 02:03:21 PM »
Laugh.............but they have 10,000 logged in and what would happen if they expanded the arena skuzzy.......any idea?

Wait a minute.  You mean they cannot host 10,000 players in one arena, on one map?  That was your implication in your comparison.  If you cannot fight all 10,000, at one time, then what's the point?  They could have a billion logged in then and it does not change anything.

I am not in charge of their development.  You would have to ask them why they cannot or have not expanded their arenas.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2017, 02:13:46 PM »
Dundee, have you considered custom arenas?  It sounds like they might give you the gameplay you desire.  You could all spawn in on one side and not have to worry about any enemies to ruin your plans.

Wiley.

I have but don't want to put up with the negative vibes..........the maps are great...I like them when they were in AH II. It's the changes done to those maps (Trees and hills that you can no longer climb, the icons, the radar target for GV) that is the biggest problem I see...... Custom arena..........no neither has the Air community but the still get the changes that changes the game in their favor. I mentioned before.........Keep it up and tank town will look like a ghost town....the GV'ers are pissed and with good reason. I don't care to dog fight, I'm not good at it and it's not the reason I have stayed. There are guys who just come here to fly airplane and get kills .....same guys never supported the Dueling Arena to any extent...and that was a custom arena...The GV community have commented many times what has been done to the maps to make it more difficult to do operations...yet the people icharge or powers to me have done nothing to make the flyboy's game any harder. they cut back on the clouds, the night time because they complained......we complain about things and all it does is fall on deaf ears.... and we're kind of done with it.  You can't just listen to one part of the game...we are all in the same game. The 49ers have lost over 60% of our players.....because of the on going anti GV changes in the game. I wish Dale would sell the rights to AH  II to some one and we'd all go there. I think I have expressed IMO whats wrong...I'm not going to bang my head against the wall any more. but I will leave you with this quote.......... "Decent game, mildly toxic community, outrageous subscription price for a game that feels like 1998 in a 2007 coat of paint. If they change the moetization model I could reccomend this."

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2017, 02:16:32 PM »
Wait a minute.  You mean they cannot host 10,000 players in one arena, on one map?  That was your implication in your comparison.  If you cannot fight all 10,000, at one time, then what's the point?  They could have a billion logged in then and it does not change anything.

I am not in charge of their development.  You would have to ask them why they cannot or have not expanded their arenas.

Skuzzy I'm at the point I don't care......it's your product when it becomes something I'm not interested in then I won't be here  to raise your blood pressure .