Author Topic: New GV dar  (Read 44774 times)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: New GV dar
« Reply #480 on: December 21, 2017, 11:08:14 PM »
It is what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #481 on: December 21, 2017, 11:11:22 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:00:57 AM by Skuzzy »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline mako04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #482 on: December 22, 2017, 01:29:00 AM »
Finding GVs was not rocket science before.  GV dar doesn't help me much, I will still bomb you with it or without.  This thread is a rather fine whine though.  Now where is Scott66...off to bomb the roaches. :airplane: :devil
MDBGA! Making Dive Bombing Great Again.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #483 on: December 22, 2017, 09:26:04 AM »
the only thing you need to do to stop the bombs from falling on you is to take out the ord bunkers.
The best suggestion yet. Of course to some the word GV is the indicator of non combatant coward, But. I spent about a half hour working my way towards an airfield, about an equivalent time for a bombing run. From the time I spawned I had a bomber formation and a couple of fighters hunting me bombing likely tree clumps all the way. It was just scoot to the next tree line before they could make their turns. All the way to the field I never fired at them as some on here want you to do to turn on the big tracer arrow to 'here I am'. Made it to the field, took out guns, radar and the last ammo bunker. Ended up tracked by field ack and was finally killed by a tank driven by guess who ?  The bomber pilot that tried to find me all that time.  My combat avoidance as some say tied up 3-4 players from harassing our base that was on the verge of being taken, stopped the bombing runs to there. The GV dar let them know there was a GV a few miles from the base, but since I made it all the way to the base obviously didn't assist them in actually finding me.  So all in all I think it worked the way it was designed.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #484 on: December 22, 2017, 01:07:04 PM »
The best suggestion yet. Of course to some the word GV is the indicator of non combatant coward, But. I spent about a half hour working my way towards an airfield, about an equivalent time for a bombing run. From the time I spawned I had a bomber formation and a couple of fighters hunting me bombing likely tree clumps all the way. It was just scoot to the next tree line before they could make their turns. All the way to the field I never fired at them as some on here want you to do to turn on the big tracer arrow to 'here I am'. Made it to the field, took out guns, radar and the last ammo bunker. Ended up tracked by field ack and was finally killed by a tank driven by guess who ?  The bomber pilot that tried to find me all that time.  My combat avoidance as some say tied up 3-4 players from harassing our base that was on the verge of being taken, stopped the bombing runs to there. The GV dar let them know there was a GV a few miles from the base, but since I made it all the way to the base obviously didn't assist them in actually finding me.  So all in all I think it worked the way it was designed.

There are only a few people who do not leave the GV to do other things in AH III...if I am not in a GV I can be found in an FW190F de acking a Vbase or town.....or in some type of bomber taking out some strat. I can honestly say I have never been killed or have killed Tyfoo in an aircraft.. He's always in a GV somewhere when he's logged in. To those who say we avoid combat have never climbed out of their aircraft and get in a tank. The world of stealth.... staying hidden means life. where instead of an array of multiply machine guns spewing bullets....... you have 1 shot to get it right.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #485 on: December 22, 2017, 01:54:55 PM »
There are only a few people who do not leave the GV to do other things in AH III...if I am not in a GV I can be found in an FW190F de acking a Vbase or town.....or in some type of bomber taking out some strat. I can honestly say I have never been killed or have killed Tyfoo in an aircraft.. He's always in a GV somewhere when he's logged in. To those who say we avoid combat have never climbed out of their aircraft and get in a tank. The world of stealth.... staying hidden means life. where instead of an array of multiply machine guns spewing bullets....... you have 1 shot to get it right.

I find it funny that your description of things you do when not in a GV does NOT include fighting other people, but going after only objects that dont fight back. 

EDIT, oops! and heres is another one....

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,391010.msg5193509.html#msg5193509

It really does seem like you dont want to fight people.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #486 on: December 22, 2017, 02:14:34 PM »
I want to play my game offline, but still have my damage post to the MA so people know how good I am at killing stationary undefended objects.    :joystick:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #487 on: December 22, 2017, 02:15:46 PM »
I find it funny that your description of things you do when not in a GV does NOT include fighting other people, but going after only objects that dont fight back. 

To be fair, if this game were only about fighting other people, there'd be no need for towns, strats, C-47's, or winning of the war. 

Let's not make this into "this game is only about shooting at other people."  Because it's not.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #488 on: December 22, 2017, 02:32:36 PM »
To be fair, if this game were only about fighting other people, there'd be no need for towns, strats, C-47's, or winning of the war. 

Let's not make this into "this game is only about shooting at other people."  Because it's not.

Yes, but it should also be very difficult to avoid getting shot at by another player. That's the crux of the issue.

The cry babies can't handle being targeted and believe they have some right to be immune to being in another player's crosshairs.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #489 on: December 22, 2017, 02:41:25 PM »
Yes, but it should also be very difficult to avoid getting shot at by another player. That's the crux of the issue.

Is it?  If that were true, then folks here would be going ballistic over the high-alt bombers, and the guys in cruisers and battleships.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #490 on: December 22, 2017, 02:42:19 PM »

The cry babies can't handle being targeted and believe they have some right to be immune to being in another player's crosshairs.

Sounds like the musings of a butterbar 90 day wonder his first day in the bush  :neener:

Ground Pounders ...

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #491 on: December 22, 2017, 03:05:31 PM »
Is it?  If that were true, then folks here would be going ballistic over the high-alt bombers, and the guys in cruisers and battleships.

Bomber alt is not an issue with sufficient warning. Just hop in a TA 152 or K-4 and no bomber is too high. The problem is when I invest the time to climb up to him and position myself for an intercept only to have the bomber pilot bail out once I'm in icon range. That mentality is the same as these GV'ers. All is fair until you have them in your sights.

The air-to-air equivalent of the GV complaints would if HTC disables ejecting and bomb-and-bailers come in here to whine about not being able to avoid geting shot.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #492 on: December 22, 2017, 03:40:10 PM »
Bomber alt is not an issue with sufficient warning. Just hop in a TA 152 or K-4 and no bomber is too high. The problem is when I invest the time to climb up to him and position myself for an intercept only to have the bomber pilot bail out once I'm in icon range. That mentality is the same as these GV'ers. All is fair until you have them in your sights.

The air-to-air equivalent of the GV complaints would if HTC disables ejecting and bomb-and-bailers come in here to whine about not being able to avoid geting shot.

GREAT IDEA! I think I can save a lot more time now and bomb & bail...I like it.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #493 on: December 22, 2017, 04:52:55 PM »

EDIT, oops! and heres is another one....

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,391010.msg5193509.html#msg5193509

It really does seem like you dont want to fight people.

The same can be said of you sir...... I have yet to bash a 85mm HVAP through the side of your tank. 

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #494 on: December 22, 2017, 04:59:14 PM »

That's pathetic Devil, comparing the Bomb and Bail folks with people doing GV work..... You are a real special..............