Author Topic: New GV dar  (Read 42585 times)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: New GV dar
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2017, 11:32:41 PM »
Problem would be drawing the trails from the individual GV's would be a huge hit on the system. That's what the simple icons are supposed to represent: the ability to accurately spot and track the enemy at realistic ranges beyond the capabilities of the game.

Like you said, restoring the 6K icon would solve many of the problems.

Don't forget to add the contrails for the planes..........it's only fair

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2017, 11:46:25 PM »
I'm fine with that.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2017, 02:41:10 AM »
What is this GV dar and is it in planes
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2017, 07:10:23 AM »
GV dar is lame
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2017, 07:11:53 AM »
I like it, but it wouldn't bother me if it was gone. Calling it GV 'dar' is a touch of an exaggeration; it localises the presence of a GV in an area rather than providing an accurate position.

Trying to find a fight during the day in UK time zone can be such a challenge that I rarely login before late afternoon or early evening because it isn't fun chasing ghosts.  Perhaps a compromise might be that it is only visible to a player in the tower.

"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2017, 08:46:24 AM »
Perhaps a compromise might be that it is only visible to a player in the tower.

Yep. I could live with that, along with using F5 from the tower, zoom out, and F8 to pan around the base area before launching my ride to hunt for the enemy.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline kavo

• Zinc Member
realism
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2017, 03:31:01 PM »
Realism- something that is rapidly disappearing. the lates threat to it is Vehicle Radar , giving areas for the enemy to search. Now I may be missing something, and forgive my limited knowledge of the history of the second world war (which is a period we are supposed to be in in aces high) but Ground  GV radar was not in existence. it also spoils the game for those who use vehicles tactically. It was a hard enough job before this radar nonsense.  Please guys, can we get back to some sort of realism where you use your ears to hear gvs and explosions, like they did in the war. If not.... can I have a lazer cannon and a drone to help keep it real. :furious

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: realism
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2017, 03:39:38 PM »
Call it simulated forward observers,or alerted towns folk calling in suspicious sounds. We didnt have F3 mode in real life either, but its in game to simulate the observations of the Bombers CREW! Its just a game trying to get close. I do agree though, I could do with it, I dont use F3 mode either though.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #218 on: December 02, 2017, 03:50:16 PM »
This MMO is not a WW2 realism game. It is an MMO Combat SIMM where the combat toys are WW2 era toys. After that the MA arena is what ever you do with it while trying to shoot guys with red Icons over their toy. FSO and Special Events are WW2 SIMM "scenarios" to satisfy the WW2 urge for some members of this community. The MA makes no pretense at being "realism" other than Hitech's sense of how he sees things as part of his game design and to help the most customers have "fun". You do know the MA has Mario Bro's instant powerups for GVs? They been here since GV's could shoot at each other.

So if you want to mount up and ride out on your breed of charger to do battle with the evil enemy in the MA, allied or axis from long days past, then that is your fantasy in the MA. Most of those guys are just spending a few hours going piu, piu, piu with their friends mounted up on the only rides available from the stable. There are over 120 in the Aces High stable and just happen to look like rides from WW2.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #219 on: December 02, 2017, 04:13:05 PM »
Realism- something that is rapidly disappearing. the lates threat to it is Vehicle Radar , giving areas for the enemy to search. Now I may be missing something, and forgive my limited knowledge of the history of the second world war (which is a period we are supposed to be in in aces high) but Ground  GV radar was not in existence. it also spoils the game for those who use vehicles tactically. It was a hard enough job before this radar nonsense.  Please guys, can we get back to some sort of realism where you use your ears to hear gvs and explosions, like they did in the war. If not.... can I have a lazer cannon and a drone to help keep it real. :furious

As this is a GAME that really doesnt have anything to do with "realism" I think your a bit off point. The radar for the GVs is like observers on the ground reporting incoming ground offensives. The trick here is to make it easier to to "find a fight" something HTC is trying to do to help keep players IN the game. The rick for the old timers crying about the changes is to figure out how to work around this change to complete the missions you are trying to run.

Maybe a few guys run wirbles to cover the heavies into the attack. No more spawn camping, work as a team to accomplish what your trying to do...... unless your trying to do nothing but avoid fights and spawn camp guys who can shoot back.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #220 on: December 02, 2017, 04:36:12 PM »

As this is a GAME that really doesnt have anything to do with "realism" I think your a bit off point. The radar for the GVs is like observers on the ground reporting incoming ground offensives. The trick here is to make it easier to to "find a fight" something HTC is trying to do to help keep players IN the game. The rick for the old timers crying about the changes is to figure out how to work around this change to complete the missions you are trying to run.

Maybe a few guys run wirbles to cover the heavies into the attack. No more spawn camping, work as a team to accomplish what your trying to do...... unless your trying to do nothing but avoid fights and spawn camp guys who can shoot back.

Then why do we hear that a particular plane shouldn't be capable of doing that because...........  there is a certain amount of realism that the Fighter Pilots in the game expect, and the GV folks would like the same fair shake
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 04:42:01 PM by Dundee »

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #221 on: December 02, 2017, 04:39:12 PM »
wow, this is something else.   its just my opinion but HTC is always trying to satisfy the (minority) player base that constantly yap on the forums and it has ruined the game. go back to 2007 AH gameplay, just reset the whole damn thing  and get back to zone strats and all that went with it. it was so much fun. but now a days the forum big mouth FPH's have too much influence on the rest of the players and game. all they have ever cared about is getting kills, they could care less about the game. they want to be catered to their whims and theyve gotten that everytime.  and now  its trickled down to this. smh....just my opinion though.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: December 02, 2017, 04:56:46 PM »
Except that "fair shake" for GV's is what HTC is moving towards, not away from.

The system has been imbalanced since before you even started playing.

Suck it up.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:45:12 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
New GV dar
« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2017, 05:12:29 PM »
Yep. I could live with that, along with using F5 from the tower, zoom out, and F8 to pan around the base area before launching my ride to hunt for the enemy.

This all day long, there should be an observation area on all fields, towns, strats etc... if someone is manning this position, in theory the GVdar should pop and if the position is not manned then the GVdar should never pop.

Also, you would lose a person in the direct fight from manning this position but what you lose in the field you gain in tactical presence.

And of course this should be a destructible building and just add one more tactical building for attackers to take down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:15:49 PM by Ciaphas »
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2017, 05:34:04 PM »
Then why do we hear that a particular plane shouldn't be capable of doing that because...........  there is a certain amount of realism that the Fighter Pilots in the game expect, and the GV folks would like the same fair shake

....and Hitech is doing that. With adjustments he can make the planes perform as close to you can get to real life in a game.

So your saying that in real life that all those panzers that ran through Poland not a single one was seen until they all started shooting?

All the GV dar is doing is adding in the spotting capabilities of people in the areas, spotters, and yes even spies. Tactics are much more important now. Sneaking up in a 40 ton tank wasn't very realistic in the first place.