Author Topic: New GV dar  (Read 42350 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: realism
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2017, 05:53:32 PM »
Waaaaay back in AH1 we had laser guided precision bomb sights in level bombers, you could drop a 1000lb bomb on a flea from 32,000 feet while on your side in full rudder
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
Re: New GV dar
« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2017, 06:07:20 PM »
wow, this is something else.   its just my opinion but HTC is always trying to satisfy the (minority) player base that constantly yap on the forums and it has ruined the game. go back to 2007 AH gameplay, just reset the whole damn thing  and get back to zone strats and all that went with it. it was so much fun. but now a days the forum big mouth FPH's have too much influence on the rest of the players and game. all they have ever cared about is getting kills, they could care less about the game. they want to be catered to their whims and theyve gotten that everytime.  and now  its trickled down to this. smh....just my opinion though.

YuuuuuuuuuuuuuP
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2017, 06:07:40 PM »
In WW2 once the fighter bombers and dedicated tank attackers showed up, tanks were toast unless their air force happened to have fighters working the local area. You should be very happy we don't have persistent tank tread lines of travel impressions left in the ground. If you didn't work very hard to erase those when you tried to hide under trees, you left a drop a bomb on me sign for the fighter bomber. And everyone had forward spotters on the ground and some form of storch in the air to vector tank killers in. Because in WW2 a moron could figure out what was going to happen if a tank like in our game could sneak anywhere it wanted to. Tanks were as vulnerable as their ability to express force on a battle field in WW2 and they got whacked by aircraft directed in on them by all kinds of "active" observers.

Some of you gents want fights over anything you can get away with because taking on Hitech won't get you anywhere and maybe ban sticked for your trouble. While you want to make sure any time you can to let everyone know you think Hitech is personally screwing your game and he is a meenie. A tank is not a tool that you can play this game in like a furball in a fighter. The complaints about the GV game all come down to that. You want your tanks to allow you to range the combat zone as an individual and wack everyone without the real world handicaps tanks in WW2 were hampered by. And then you demand some kind of faux WW2 realism at the same time. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2017, 06:21:30 PM »
I've tried to give it a fair try from both sides...being a fighter / bomber pilot and also a GV'er. Historically I've been more of a bomber pilot than anything else but within the past year done a lot more GV'ing.

The "GV dar" has COMPLETELY taken away much of what was fun about GV'ing. Now, you have nothing but bomb****s and GV'ers popping up at a base within a minute usually of seeing the GV dar active. Not only that, it localizes the exact area to where a GV is so it helps the bomb****s greatly to instantly kill the GV's.

With respect...I appreciate the attempt to make changes to the game and try some different things / improvements - but this went WAY TO FAR to one side. You've taken away much of the GV tactics / strategy and a key part of the game. It was not just about the M3 resupply chain to a base as some have mentioned. This truly has put a major negative shift in the game to the point I and many others have reduced our GV'ing to almost nil...because it's pointless now.

Get rid of the dar...or at the very least don't localize the dar to where a vehicle is in the sector. And if the base radar is down...then the GV dar should be knocked out as well.

From a long time...and very disappointed player...

Elec1

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2017, 06:26:22 PM »
Or you could maybe just show the DAR for Troop carriers? :uhoh Just throwing it out there... :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2017, 06:28:19 PM »
It seems to me, from what I have read, GV folks want to be immune to anything that would remove the camp and smash mentality. Is this the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2017, 06:31:44 PM »
The MA makes no pretense at being "realism" other than Hitech's sense of how he sees things as part of his game design and to help the most customers have "fun".

Exactly...and it just KILLED the "fun" of GV'ing the way it was implemented. So instead of giving the most players the amount of "fun" and gaining new players...we're going backwards...again...and will lose a major part of the things we loved to hate - GV'ing...and is not going to make any more players start playing the game. All you will have is many people upset with it (more than for it) and that will be a distraction from gaining new players...or helping new players.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2017, 06:38:26 PM »
It seems to me, from what I have read, GV folks want to be immune to anything that would remove the camp and smash mentality. Is this the case?

Maybe I guess? The GV game was changed a lot with just the release of AH3. More trees, dense brush lines, revamped terrains, list goes on. I guess thats biggest issue really...ITS CHANGED
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2017, 06:42:34 PM »
I understand that, but change is inevitable. There are some people putting forth some great constructive criticism and offering tangible solutions but there is this whole under current that speaks from the crowd that believe the game should cater to them. Also ground battles are not a separate mini game within a game. So, what is needed to tie the two together needs to be created.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2017, 06:48:53 PM »
If people want reality with GV’ing, HiTech should implement forward observation posts around fields, towns and other structures. They should also install anti-tank defense around these as well.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2017, 06:50:01 PM »
I understand that, but change is inevitable. There are some people putting forth some great constructive criticism and offering tangible solutions but there is this whole under current that speaks from the crowd that believe the game should cater to them. Also ground battles are not a separate mini game within a game. So, what is needed to tie the two together needs to be created.

As I understand the division, it started when GVs were introduced into the game. The next big divide came with reduced numbers, you have AIR PURE-ISTS and GV enthusiasts like HOT/COLD, but you are correct they can be joined and work together. Every home has example in their bathroom tub and showers Some like hot baths some cold, a few right in middle. We need to find more of the middle :old:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2017, 06:51:11 PM »
If people want reality with GV’ing, HiTech should implement forward observation posts around fields, towns and other structures. They should also install anti-tank defense around these as well.

thats is what the GV dar is being tested to simulate as I understand it.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2017, 07:13:41 PM »
Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking as well. It’s a shame that some people can’t see the value of this system and instead of being constructive they pretty much stomp their feet and threaten or actually cancel their sub, which in a way is ridiculous but hey, it’s your money and if you don’t find value in this game anymore, there’s the door. On a side note, no system is perfect for every single
Player and the first few iterations of “new” features will undergo several changes until it is dialed in.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2017, 07:18:23 PM »
SHHHH :uhoh Sounds like you are making sense. That will get you excoriated :devil But since you brought it up  :rock

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2017, 07:20:50 PM »
I am used to being the “overly blunt” guy.