Author Topic: Shade Accounts  (Read 16924 times)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Shade Accounts
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 03:00:19 PM »
See rule #7

Post it on the Facebook page......if it's worth reading

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 03:07:21 PM »
Next time you fly as Clu you don't have to go so far out of your way to make it look like you don't know what you're doing. :)

:rofl
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 03:08:27 PM »
Let your son or daughter use one of your accounts.
Just make sure they do not switch to another country and kill you
every chance they get.   :D
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 03:15:54 PM »
Let your son or daughter use one of your accounts.
Just make sure they do not switch to another country and kill you
every chance they get.   :D

I thought that was against the TOS.......... Item 1 to be exact

I.  Your Account

All accounts are governed by and subject to the following rules:

1.  Use of your Account is expressly limited to you.  Your Account may not be transferred to any other party, temporarily or permanently.

2.  All information you supply to HiTech Creations regarding your Account, including your e-mail address, must be complete and accurate.

3.  You agree to bear sole responsibility for all use of your Account and for the confidentiality of your password.  HiTech Creations will suspend access or change access to your Account immediately upon notification by you through e-mail to billing@hitechcreations.com that your password has been lost, stolen or otherwise compromised.

4.  Your HiTech Creations account may be cancelled, at any time, by the following methods:  select Delete Account from the Aces High™ Admin menu, by telephoning 817-431-8840 or by sending an e-mail to billing@hitechcreations.com directing us to cancel your account.  Termination of your HiTech Creations Account will be effective on the day that HiTech Creations receives your cancellation submission or phone call directing us to cancel your account and you have received an e-mail confirmation.  You will be liable for any charges, including any monthly fees, incurred by you until such effective date.

5.  You are responsible for any and all connection charges relating to access the HiTech Creations Service.

6.  Either you or HiTech Creations may terminate your HiTech Creations membership at any time, with or without cause.

7.  You agree to pay HiTech Creations all game play charges relating to the use of your HiTech Creations Account, in accordance with the rates and prices published and always available online at the time the Service is used.  Usage of certain special features or premium services may be subject to additional charges.  HiTech Creations reserves the right to charge additional finance fees for late payment at the highest rates permitted by law.  HiTech Creations reserves the right to change its rates and prices at any time, effective upon a 30-day written or electronic notice to current HiTech Creations members.  Continued game play after the effective date of a rate change will be deemed acceptance by you of the new rates.  For effective rates, please contact HiTech Creations at 817-431-8840.  Rates and prices are published online.

8.  Payment of your HiTech Creations account balance is due monthly and must be made by the credit card or debit card that you have designated for HiTech Creations use or by pre-payment in the form of a money order or check.

9.  In the event of rejection of any credit card charges or cancellation of your credit card, you agree to make immediate payment of all amounts owed by you to HiTech Creations within 10 days.

10.  You must promptly inform HiTech Creations of:  (1) changes in the expiration date of any credit card used in connection with the HiTech Creations Service;  (2) changes in a home or billing address;  (3) breaches of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of a credit card, ID, or password;  (4) changes in your e-mail address.  Until HiTech Creations receives notice of a breach of security, you will remain liable for any unauthorized use charged to your account.

11.  Subscribers are expressly prohibited from engaging in any activity that constitutes, in the sole opinion of HiTech Creations, system abuse.  System abuse shall include, but is not limited to, attempts to circumvent subscriber authentication or security of any host, network, or account ("cracking");  attempts to interfere with or deny service to any subscriber or any host;  furnishing false data on the signup form or via on-line application, including fraudulent use of credit card numbers;  and any commercial use of HiTech Creations accounts or services without the express written permission of HiTech Creations.  Subscribers expressly agree to use all of HiTech Creations services only for lawful purposes.  Transmission or storage of any information, data or material in violation of United States or state regulation or law or by the common law is prohibited, including but not limited to, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any other statute.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 03:43:44 PM »
I thought that was against the TOS.......... Item 1 to be exact

<snip>

1.  Use of your Account is expressly limited to you.  Your Account may not be transferred to any other party, temporarily or permanently.

If this is the line your talking about, it means that your account can only be used by YOU, tho they may be a bit lenient when it comes to letting your kids use your account now and then.

They have never said you could not have a number of accounts running at the same time, "Tunes" come to mind as an example.

As stated above, as long as your not using the other accounts to "spy" or "hunt" players or cv's which all would fall under the "cheating" umbrella they are allowed.

I know of some players who use a second account to switch sides when fight dry up.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 03:57:10 PM »
Post it on the Facebook page......if it's worth reading

Not sure why I got rule 7 but it wasn’t anything major. No names or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 03:58:41 PM »
I prefer people cussing the name Lazer.

I fly with you and cuss you. You should be used to it by now....

412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2017, 04:31:53 PM »
When I had an account with Warbirds, I added a second account later on and let my son use it.
The only complaint I ever had was he talks too much   :D   I'm sure HiTech does not care if dad's pay for another
account. After all it is more revenue.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 10:37:44 PM »
Never understood why some people bother.   :noid

I know of at least three legitimate uses people put them to: having a guest account so a friend or prospective new player can come over and play in the same room, having multiple sets of buffs in the air at the same time, and being able to switch countries because of numbers or lack of fights and then switch back again within 6 (at one time 12) hours. I don't see anything wrong with any of that.

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2017, 11:33:55 PM »
     I can't recall which bishop It was, but a while back He flying 2 sets of bombers.  Is that cheating or unethical?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 03:30:44 AM »
     I can't recall which bishop It was, but a while back He flying 2 sets of bombers.  Is that cheating or unethical?

No.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 05:07:52 AM »

Accompanying Lusche here: No. He'd be paying for two and flying for one country only. It's twice as difficult to keep the two sets in formation. In some scenario one single player took care of the entire bomber fleet to let others fill the fighter slots - I don't know if he's got multiple personalities enabling that.

Should a player use the other account for shooting down sets of bombers he's flying for another country is another thing. Cheating? Not actually. Unethical? Maybe. Lame and pathetic? Very much so. Then again, if someone can't get the points for a perked plane by shooting other players down, he most likely can't do any harm with that perk ride either.

Using another account to fly for another country and fighting against your own teammates can be quite refreshing as long as the "true" identity can be held a secret. Same goes for a known player getting a new GameID, making people wonder how that new guy can get so many kills. The fighting style and favourite planes often can reveal the secret, sometimes it can be held for quite a while.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:14:15 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2017, 07:55:29 AM »
i fly 2 accounts, never at the same time. its fun to be anonymous at times!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 08:18:35 AM »
i fly 2 accounts, never at the same time. its fun to be anonymous at times!

You sneak!  :rofl

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 08:23:06 AM »
I only fly one. I stink up the place enough that way. No need for two of me.....

412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA