Author Topic: I still laugh 50 years ago  (Read 1128 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
I still laugh 50 years ago
« on: December 15, 2017, 04:41:00 PM »
I learned to drive in the foothills east of Sacramento.  We would get one or two light snow falls a year.  It was January or February 1968 and I was stationed at Redstone arsenal in Huntsville Alabama.  It had snowed about 4 inches and the snow was still coming down.  I drove my 66 mustang with the mandatory bald tires to the store.  On my return trip I had to go up a slight hill with a stop sign at the crest.  I knew if I stopped I would be stuck so I shot through the stop sign.  Lo and behold there was a state trooper facing me headed in the opposite direction .  He immediately started up and made a U turn and stopped at the sign that I had just blown through.  Well guess what , that's where he got stuck!
I've made my getaway at a blazing 15mph bald tires and all.
Maybe I should have stopped and helped him but I didn't!  But I do laugh from time to time whenever I think of it :x :x :x :x
AkCaine

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: I still laugh 50 years ago
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 05:09:54 PM »
 :rofl
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 05:30:07 PM »
Brilliant!  :rofl
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 10:46:26 PM »
Alabama state troopers love giving people tickets. Early one Saturday morning I was driving from Hoover, Alabama to Atlanta, Georgia, and had my radar detector on.  I was getting faint bleeps but I couldn't really tell if a trooper was in front of me or behind me.  I was driving in a pack of around ten cars doing about 10mph over the speed limit.  Nobody was tailgating or driving dangerously.  The signal started getting stronger.  So I slowed down to the speed limit and got in the slow lane.  On an overpass over the highway was a single trooper shooting radar, and on the side of the road were *six* state trooper vehicles. They simultaneously turned on their lights and pulled over the entire group of cars I had been with.  The tickets probably weren't much, but I bet the court costs were.
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 06:00:07 AM »
Interesting incidents with traffic cops.. Here is one..

Ages ago, we had a 73 Oldsmobile Omega Rallye Coupe.. 350 Rocket 4bbl, dual exhaust, TH 350 trans, 3.73 Positraction 10bolt Diff.. The Rallye Package made it a rare bird.. Hurst Yellow, 15" sport wheels, Goodyear Eagle GT 60's, 2 tone bucket seats, console Hurst dual gate shifter, sport steering wheel, in dash tach/instruments, and the Rallye Stripes with the factory wing on the back.. The car had every option available, except for 4 speed trans, roll back canvas roof, and electric windows..

Saturday night, Tacoma WA, Summer of 83 I think, my wife and I were leaving a movie theater about 10pm, after watching Terminator.. Pulling out of the parking lot, there was a Mustang II Cobra, white with blue graphics behind us, revvin his engine, talking sheet, wanting to race.. Man, that wing on the back would draw the kooks out of the woodwork, lol..

So we are cruisin down Hosmer st, headed to the light on 72nd, where we take a right, and go past Wapato park, Cobraboy still behind us.. Light turns green, so I ease around the corner and into the left hand lane, and he takes the right lane, comes up about even.. The road is clear, so we go for it.. Not a standing start, but it's good enough..

I hammer down, and the Lakewood slapper bars and Goodyear eagles do their job, get a good launch.. Cobraboy gets some wheelspin, so I take a 2 car length lead on him.. 5500rpm I slap second gear on the Hurst shifter, get good bark, and we are flying past 70mph in a 30mph zone.. I'm still holding a lead, but the Cobra being lighter, is catchin up..

The Road takes a slight downhill as it goes past the park and back up a slight hill when you come to the next light at Ainsworth st.. I hit 3rd gear, and it is clear that he is going to catch me.. Then somebody pulls out into my lane from a sidestreet on the left, forcing me to make a choice.. Option one, shut down, let him beat me.. Option two, slam the door in Cobraboy's face NASCAR style.. So I take option two :neener:..

It was close, but I squeeze in there pushing close to 100mph.. Cobraboy has to stand on his brakes and almost loses it.. So we pull up to the red light at Ainsworth in the right lane, with the Cobra still behind us, and HE IS ROYALLY RAGING PISSED!
 :furious :furious :furious

Sitting at the light grinning into my mirror watching him flip me the bird, my wife nudges me.. She points to the right, and about 50 feet down Ainsworth st, there is a Tacoma Cop sitting there, lights off.. Must have just wrote a ticket or something..

The corner is blocked by hedges, so the Cobra can't see the cop.. So I roll my window down, and flip the bird back to Cobraboy.. He has a Tantrum, pumps up his brakes, and does a MONSTER BURNOUT.. Smoke boiling out the back wheelwells, pretty impressive too.. I'm watching the cop, he looks up and sees me, and all the smoke, hears the roaring engine etc.. Drops what he is doing in the car, gonna bust my azz!

Right then the light turns green, and I motor away gently.. Choking back laughter, because i KNOW what is going to happen.. Cobraboy continues his burnout, into the intersection, pulling into full view of the cop..  :rofl :rofl :rofl

At the next light, I have to take a left on Yakima Ave, so I move to the left lane and then into the left turn lane.. Cobraboy pulls up at the light, in the right lane, smoke still pouring out of his quarters, with the cop on his tail, lights flashing.. My wife and I are both doing this, :neener: :neener: :neener: :ahand

I'll tell ya, I never saw more hatred in a persons face in my entire life!  :rock

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 06:31:02 AM by OldNitro »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 06:46:42 AM »
One week night around Christmas many years ago I'd been out for a drink with a mate in a pub which wouldn't let you in if you wore a leather jacket (hangover from the mods and rockers thing) - so we just left those at home and had those thin Kawasaki jackets they used to give you when you bought one new. Having dropped my mate off I'm making my way out of his village actually shaking with cold. Onto the dual carriageways with no one in sight I put my head behind the fairing, tuck my elbows in and wind up my 750 to the redline through every gear, topping out somewhere around 150 m.p.h. Then in the distance I see a car stopped in the inside lane so move way over to the far side of the outside lane.

Getting closer I realise it's a police car who has stopped another car in front if him. The policeman has clearly heard me winding it up from three miles away on that cold, still night. First instinct is to shut off but then you realise there's no point and there's a four exit roundabout a few miles further on.

As I pass there is the policeman poised with his clipboard, cocked head, trying to record my number plate at I pass. Needless to say I never saw or heard from him again. But the funniest part is imagining that car driver's face who was probably pulled up for doing 78 in a 70 zone.

Ah good times.  :banana:

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 06:47:48 AM »

I chained many times on I-80 ,Ca/NV east of Sacramento, gets messy, lots of snow this time of the year, , Donner Pass is closed quite often , i turned back  from Auburn extra 400 miles to I-40 .

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 02:32:44 PM »
Long ago I was headed home one night in my '57 Chevy.  As per usual when I started downhill toward the bridge over the White River I had the throttle mashed down at would hit the bridge at around 100mph +/-.  As I level out at the end of the bridge I see the bright gold reflection of the badge on the door of the Arkansas State Police Plymouth Fury.  Since I had some smash up I just kept on going and was able to get to the private road to my house and douse the lights before the trooper saw where I went.  Whew

Later that week my girlfriend was involved in a head on side swipe when she pulled out to pass with traffic coming.  DUH!!  Everyone was okay but her car was totaled.  The nice trooper gave her a ride to her apartment.  Cool.  That following weekend I stop to see her and there is a State Police car parked outside her building.  Didn't think anything of it as I parked my Chevy right next to the Plymouth. When I knocked on her door I find the trooper there, she introduced us and he left.  A few minutes later there is a knock on the door and when I open it the trooper looks me in the eye, points his finger at me and says "Don't ever do that again."  Yes sir!!  :)
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"