Author Topic: what would be the possibiltiy of getting a Mod in WW1  (Read 838 times)

Offline pops04

• Copper Member
what would be the possibiltiy of getting a Mod in WW1
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:50:37 AM »
I am just curious what would be the possibility of getting a Mod in the WW1 arena on Sunday nights with the ability to eject people that continue to violate the rules that we have established. such as no vulching landing or aircraft taking off? Also aircraft sitting on the field using rear gunner?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: what would be the possibiltiy of getting a Mod in WW1
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 06:28:24 AM »
I doubt you'll get one. WW1 arena is an open arena and player-made "rules" are irrelevant. If you want to make up rules and enforce them, you'll have to do it in your own custom arena.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 04:28:05 PM »
This is a Catch-22, you can get what you want with a custom arena but, even the best meaning players have been more willing to show up in the standard play arenas than custom arenas. If you are getting a turn out for your weekly event in the WW1 arena, don't mess with a good thing. If the players doing these things are not part of your regulars, it would only take once for all of you to switch sides and entertain your greifers. A positive thing could always be the next week they would bring friends to take all of you on.

I'm going to venture since the airfields no longer have auto ack, allowing rear gunning from a park aircraft is a compromise. The wish last year to disable that appears to have gone nowhere.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 03:44:19 PM »
WW I is a HTC arena and player reports of others acting naughty are logged and will be dealt with I'd assume. Use your .report and .vreport features and film offending behavior.
Film is your best Perry Mason and what people say is pretty much incompetent, irrelevant and immaterial.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 02:39:11 AM »
I support the effort, but simple fact is that if it isn't against the HTC rules, how can we expect them to invoke a penalty?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 08:08:07 PM »
I was on last night. Lots of people but mostly all I saw was a lot of vulching. One guy sat on our field and shot down planes as they took off. I finally rammed him, but someone else got the kill.

The bases are too close together. I doubt that I will be back.
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool: