Author Topic: Stutter makes game unplayable  (Read 1674 times)

Offline DmdJJ

• Copper Member
Stutter makes game unplayable
« on: May 26, 2018, 07:11:55 PM »
Just like the title says, the game has become unplayable. Stutters are long and numerous. Does it in both DX9 and DX11 versions. Started with last update. I have done a clean install, and the problem remains. dxdiag attached
DmdJJ   
"The Damned"
"Damned if we do, no fun if we don't"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Target Rebaul-----> VMF-214   Fjord Fury RAF----> 315 Squadron

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Stutter makes game unplayable
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 11:01:08 PM »
dose it do it when running off line?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 05:50:15 AM »
If you are getting stutters in DX9, then we need to look at external influences.

Have you checked your background processes lately?  You may be getting updates from Microsoft, which can cause stutters.  I noted your Windows 10 version is s few updates behind.  Even when they are not installed, they are being downloaded.  This can cause stutters.

Note, our updates happen to coincide with the last big update Microsoft released for Windows 10.

You should be able to check in the Task Manager if things are being fired off while the game is running.  Or check it when the game is not running and see what the CPU activity looks like.

Side note.  I did notice you have the NVidia HDMI Audio pass through driver installed and active.  If you are not expecting sound from speakers on your monitor, via the HDMI cable, then disable that driver.

I also noted you have the Razer USBAUDIO driver installed.  When your computer gets the next big update from Microsoft those drivers will conflict with the new audio system and MIcrosoft only replaces the one driver for playback and not the recording driver, which will cause a conflict in the system.  The side effect is the game will crash when you key your microphone.  We are looking into a way to prevent the crash, but it will probably entail ignoring the microphone.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 07:03:59 AM »
Re Updates: Not only does the Operating System itself get updates, all the built-in apps do the same. Depending on your version of 10 you should be able to uninstall them. In earlier versions you could uninstall some apps whose uninstall option has been greyed in the latest ones. So unless you really like to use apps like News, Money, Sports, Health and fitness, Food and drink etc. uninstall them.

Here's a guide how to get rid of the greyed ones, too, and which can't be uninstalled: https://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to-uninstall-windows-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-them/
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline DmdJJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 10:45:29 AM »
Must be the windows update causing all of the issues. Modern setup host is eating up a lot of resources right now. Will let it finish, and see what happens. Thanks for the help. I have also disabled Nvidia HDMI audio also.
DmdJJ   
"The Damned"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 02:45:44 PM »
I will go to my grave with Windows 7  :bolt:

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 03:07:57 PM »
I had the same issue last night. I had been out of town for a few weeks and Windows was downloading an update that seemed to take forever. As soon as it was done everything was good.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 06:06:36 PM »
I'm still using Windows 7 ultimate and Windows 8.1 Pro

While I have been testing/reviewing/tinkering with Windows 10 Enterprise NTSB version (still don't like Windows 10 for using AH).....

DmdJJ, let me know/keep me updated on your situation in fixing your PC, brother! If you still having issues..... I'll try and help you all this coming week to get your system squared away for the upcoming scenario

~S~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 10:06:55 PM »
Not sure if this will help, but it's a data point:

The only time (two stretches, so far) that I got serious stutters was when my graphics card cooler was filthy with dust.  And when I say stutters, it was like everything would freeze for a second or two, stream normal for 15-20 seconds or so, then freeze, then stream.  It was beyond annoying.  I had to take the cover off the tower, remove the cooling fan, and clean everything with a shop vac and a spray can of electronics "clean air".  The last time it happened I got fed up even more and purchased a different cooling fan.  But each time, cleaning everything out did the trick.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline DmdJJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »
All is well now. The windows update was causing the issues. Frame rate is back to a solid 60 with no stutters. Thanks all for the help.  :salute
DmdJJ   
"The Damned"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 10:30:32 AM »
Awesome
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 10:47:13 AM »
I will go to my grave with Windows 7  :bolt:

I should have stuck with it, myself.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 07:34:28 PM »
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.