Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 3874 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Hello All
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2018, 12:10:13 AM »
I recently ditched the consoles and moved back to PC gaming. Picked up a new HOTAS setup yesterday, and looking to get back into things. I used to fly Air Warrior back in the old days (DOS, Windows, 2, 3), and can't find anything out there close to it, except for this. Looking forward to getting smoked by you guys while I relearn how to fly...

Welcome to Aces High, twistedtechmike !

what is your gameid that you're flying under in the online Arenas?

First time in 10 years my email server crashes....the night I try to sign up for Aces High lmao

I think the last handle I flew under was X-Cal. Was a FR trainer for a bit in AW3. It was a long time ago :)

If you played Air Warrior in the FR Arenas for any length of time, you'll come to find some(if not a lot) of the same players still playing Aces High...a lot of the old Air Warrior FR Trainers are still around as well.... dating from AW DOS days , to AWSVGA to AW4W to AW2 to AW3 and all the AW MAC versions in between ...etc....

There was never a crowd in FR unfortunately. It always seemed like it was just me amnd Darpa in there for hours dueling lol

once Kesmai got GameStorm up and running when they were doing the AW2 beta, the FR Arenas really started to become populated during "BigWeek" and AW3 going live...

it seemed to stay populated from then on until around mid year 2000...

now there's a name I haven't heard in a few Blue  Moons..."Darpa".... remember the late nights fighting against him and RM ( Rocketman) and Homer....  along with Whels and Bama and Rapier, Wraithe, Dragn and Claymore in AW4W  FR PTO...

hope you enjoy Aces High!  ~SALUTE~ & Cheers

TC
CO of the Damned
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2018, 03:32:07 AM »
There was never a crowd in FR unfortunately. It always seemed like it was just me amnd Darpa in there for hours dueling

And me (“Oldma” in AW FR).  Now I haven’t heard from Darpa in lo, these many years.  Was in Kansas City in December 2003 and spoke to him on the phone, but we weren’t able to meet.  Wonder if we could find him and drag him in here...?

- oldman

Offline twistedtechmike

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2018, 05:38:34 AM »
Talk about Blast from the past...I had forgotten all about gamestorm. I remember when Earthlink came around, that was huge for me as far as AW was concerned. I think I played til around '98? I remember seeing alot of those names, included the Damned, and you Oldman. Looking forward to seeing you gents in the air.

As for Darpa, he made me learn to love the 38 in FR. What a damn beast.
XCal
Former AW Dweeb

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2018, 08:08:37 AM »
Great memory twistedtechmike....I can't remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday  :devil

Welcome aboard  :aok

Offline twistedtechmike

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2018, 08:43:36 AM »
Not really too great...I just spent so many damn hours on the game its imprinted. My short term fades more every year lol
XCal
Former AW Dweeb

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2018, 09:34:28 AM »
What year did you start playing AW?

HiTech

Offline twistedtechmike

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2018, 10:16:06 AM »
Before AW4W...but not very long before. I was running an ISDN connection at the time to ensure lag free killing ;)

My handle early on was GG1. I had to change it when I changed email and got locked out of it.
XCal
Former AW Dweeb

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2018, 11:29:48 AM »
Welcome to the nuthouse, TTM.  :joystick:

BTW, TC said
now there's a name I haven't heard in a few Blue  Moons..."Darpa".... remember the late nights fighting against him and RM ( Rocketman) and Homer....  along with Whels and Bama and Rapier, Wraithe, Dragn and Claymore in AW4W  FR PTO...

FWIW, Darpa is one of our squaddie's brother (Vap).  If anyone can get ahold of him, I'd imagine it's Vap, so if you see Vap online, I guess you can pass on hellos to Darpa, whom I haven't seen in AH since way before the switch to AHIII.

Carry On.   :salute
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline twistedtechmike

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2018, 11:41:48 AM »
Who's to say he'd even remember me lol I do recall seeing some Musketeer macros back in the day too though.
XCal
Former AW Dweeb

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 02:13:00 PM »
Before AW4W...but not very long before. I was running an ISDN connection at the time to ensure lag free killing ;)

My handle early on was GG1. I had to change it when I changed email and got locked out of it.

I had left AW by that time.

HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2018, 01:53:16 AM »
Not really too great...I just spent so many damn hours on the game its imprinted. My short term fades more every year lol
I feel ya brother! Sort of glad I didnt find this game sooner  :uhoh Other wise my kids would probably still be in diapers...wouldnt have had the time to potty train :rofl At least this game is cheapest addiction you could have!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline twistedtechmike

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2018, 06:53:37 AM »
Im having a blast even if never getting good shooting angles. And yeah, 2 of the 3 kiddos are in high school now, so im solid. Trying to talk my son into it, but hes an elite dangerous guy.
XCal
Former AW Dweeb

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2018, 03:14:39 AM »
Welcome back home TTM.

<Salute>

Most important thing here in AH is,,,,,,, never join the BISH!

haha

So whats your style? Dogfighting? Bombing? Support? Tanking? Capturing bases?   WIN DA WARZ!  ?   Flying in  DA HORDE ?
Flying forever at 30k alt in heavy bombers to kill the Bish ammo factory?
Replace Pipz?

Second most important thing here in AH......

read below     V

"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline twistedtechmike

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2018, 05:17:16 AM »
Watched some videos on setting convergence, which cleared some things up for me. Got my first kill this weekend! As for type of player? Love to dogfight, enjoy bombing, but base capture and map winning is what it all boils down to. The first two are just the means to do it. I never really got into the ground game in AW, but at some point I will try it here. I played World of Tanks for a couple years on console, and could run blue/purple, but it was too much of an arcade game. In other words, it was never the same feeling AW/AH3 provides, where every damn flight is an adrenaline rush
XCal
Former AW Dweeb