Author Topic: Furball Lake  (Read 1958 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: Furball Lake
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2018, 12:09:26 PM »
Best 2 hours in this game in 6 months. 

:noid :noid :noid
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2018, 03:33:33 PM »
Thanks for hosting this shida, had some fantastic scraps this morning with flippz, Techwrek, and Whytfang.

Heckuva way to knock the rust off..
They were absolutely great fights this am. And again THAT WAS THE BEST FLYING IN AN A5 I HAVE EVER SEEN. The fight were low slow and intense. When you leave an arena and you are panting and your flight arm is worn out you know it was some good fights.  :salute to the guys in there this am.
There is one lil problem with this arena. I go into the ma hyped and get sorely depressed.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2018, 09:52:36 PM »
They were absolutely great fights this am. And again THAT WAS THE BEST FLYING IN AN A5 I HAVE EVER SEEN. The fight were low slow and intense. When you leave an arena and you are panting and your flight arm is worn out you know it was some good fights.  :salute to the guys in there this am.
There is one lil problem with this arena. I go into the ma hyped and get sorely depressed.

Reading things like this occasionally makes me think of retirement, so that I could participate in the mornings.  But.  Those in my field don't retire, they get dragged out of their offices on Monday mornings, rigor mortis making things easy.

Keep it up, you guys, this is a great idea which should be continually publicized.

- oldman

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2018, 01:49:10 AM »
Should start a new threat to try and promote...

Indeed two weeks now and only positive experiences all around. I think I've taken a quarter of the shots I've had, just so refreshing to have these kind of fights again, you don't want to end it  :rofl

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2018, 09:30:24 AM »
Today as an experiment  I ran (/ am running) the Steal The Sheep map with Killshooter (shoot the greens also) as suggested by Violator. Also field ack dialed right down (just in case Zakbell wanted to join us  :D). Not so popular so far but I've never hosted on the weekend before. Rollya and I had three sick fights in 10 minutes.

There's considerable discussion about a dedicated map - although none of us has especially enough free time to learn the dark art. There is some talk of renting a tazor and finding out where Bustr lives.

I made the observation in the other thread that this experiment is especially making one very thing clear:- quick and equitable fun IS possible in AH!  :banana:

:cheers:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2018, 12:54:34 PM »
To those who pop in when I'm afk apologies I am often busy in another room.

The answers to the questions I missed today, yes indeed anyone who agrees with the arena message is welcome to join in / fly there / flight test there. The available planes are everything that can be reasonably fought in. This includes turn fighters, energy fighters and BnZ aircraft,  including the WWI aircraft, the Stukas and the RV8. With the later you'll just have to make screenshots really hard.

This morning I was late starting to host because TA57x's arena was up when I checked & I can't host as regularly as I'd like.

:cheers:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-