Author Topic: I see a lot of advantages to having the .target command only offline.  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
See Rule #4

« Last Edit: Today at 01:38:08 PM by Skuzzy »

Sorry Skuzzy, Sir

I had no intentions of trying to flamebait him or anyone else.....

I thought that I was just pointing out fact(s) and what they caused and cost the community members

My apologies, .... I'll let it go

TC

like narrating where players are during KOTH?
Who is John Galt?

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member

DOH!!     :rofl

Didn't seem to be helping you much did it!!

You could say it was a game changer.....and it was.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member

I got a chance to join in on one of these missions, and they actually were enjoyable. We still needed to have a player way out ahead to spot the fall of the rounds, the target "gimmick" just made it a little easier from a computer chair to "crank up elevation by 2marks"...

Meh, with new GV dar, there wouldn't be any impunity anymore, and if shells had the 5" tracer like naval groups, it wouldn't last long either.   Meh, I had fun 49's... and that's why I pay my $15....
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
I got a chance to join in on one of these missions, and they actually were enjoyable. We still needed to have a player way out ahead to spot the fall of the rounds, the target "gimmick" just made it a little easier from a computer chair to "crank up elevation by 2marks"...

Meh, with new GV dar, there wouldn't be any impunity anymore, and if shells had the 5" tracer like naval groups, it wouldn't last long either.   Meh, I had fun 49's... and that's why I pay my $15....

Thanks.. It was fun and we didn't hack the game it was a tool everyone had

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
like narrating where players are during KOTH?

Wrong thread to bring the above quote, up in......

If you have a complaint with the way I have participated in the KOTH events going all the way back to Air Warrior days...then please do take it up in the koth forum

You seem to be the only one that I know of to have had some type of conflict with it

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 09:52:49 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
Thanks.. It was fun and we didn't hack the game it was a tool everyone had
That does not (in the eyes of our lord and creator dale) make it right. I had once a long time ago come to a similar assumption and was told that i was not correct in my assumption.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
We were doing it for years........ :azn:

And you seem pleased that you were.   Shows  much of what you are made of.

Lets not drag KOTH through the mud, please. TC's been one of the best KOTH supporters I can think of.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
How was it a game changer? 49ers were easier to shot down than I am. LOL BTW what happened to the 49ers?

Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
How was it a game changer? 49ers were easier to shot down than I am. LOL BTW what happened to the 49ers?

It wasn't in the air........ it was tactics on the ground

We were able to take the HQ down at will....the HQ was set at 37,500 lbs of explosive, or 212 75mm shells  . If you remember HT had to change HQ from 37,500 to 100,000, we still took it down just had to bring a couple more tanks and a supply M3. So yes it was a game changer, because we were able to take it down without flashing it. The 75 mm shells were thrown 7.5 miles...HT even turned down the brightness of the shell to make it harder to "sight in" the guns.

On the creator map we did indirect fire…..throwing  shells over a hill and hitting the HQ with out having eyes on the target, 49Merlin was the forward observer in a jeep, once dialed in we were golden.  The Bishops never though of looking on the reverse slope of the hill to find us. We stayed the whole weekend and had resupply M3’s bringing more rounds when we need it.

So yes RVflyer It was a game changer and a 5 sector drive Why do you think we have tank icons.....because in AH II we didn't even have so much as a dot in game. Our own country couldn't even see us, but every now and again some one would disco and came back into the game and then they would show up in game showing a dot. That's was when the the A20's showed up. Then we changed tactics to eliminate that problem with the dot after a disco's.

The Festor map stands out as one of our greatest missions.....taking the Bishops and Knights HQ's down at the same time and doing it for 24 hours while both countries though it was "Bomb and Bail Bombers. This was 3 years ago    

Look at the new maps........all designed with keeping GV's from traversing the map and being resupplied by an NOE C47 between strats. So if you add GV  icons.....re do maps to hinder GV movements..... I'd say that is all in line with changing the game.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: I see a lot of advantages to having the .target command only offline.
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 06:53:58 PM »
The funniest thing was having two entire country not even upping a plane to look around until at least 5 hours after the first HQ fell.     

When they finally upped planes, they flew in generating a dar bar letting 49ers know when to look for dots and stop shooting the easily seen tracers.

Blame the lazy people for being too lazy or not smart enough to simply go and look.   

During their first mission, I found them, upped a tank, and got within 200 yards before getting stuck in the water when hunting.

I bombed them on the second mission and discovered them at a remote HQ in LVTs on the third.    They were on my country at the time so I flew a C47 NOE and resupplied them and later joined in a few missions.....time permitting.

These missions offered up chances like FPS pistol whipping people who bailed C47s after they resupplied HQ and hung around to see if they could see shells come in.    I think I ended up 18-0 even after telling them I was there in a chute to shoot their chute.

Those were good times.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2018, 01:40:09 AM »
The funniest thing was having two entire country not even upping a plane to look around until at least 5 hours after the first HQ fell.     

When they finally upped planes, they flew in generating a dar bar letting 49ers know when to look for dots and stop shooting the easily seen tracers.

Blame the lazy people for being too lazy or not smart enough to simply go and look.   

During their first mission, I found them, upped a tank, and got within 200 yards before getting stuck in the water when hunting.

I bombed them on the second mission and discovered them at a remote HQ in LVTs on the third.    They were on my country at the time so I flew a C47 NOE and resupplied them and later joined in a few missions.....time permitting.

These missions offered up chances like FPS pistol whipping people who bailed C47s after they resupplied HQ and hung around to see if they could see shells come in.    I think I ended up 18-0 even after telling them I was there in a chute to shoot their chute.

Those were good times.

I remember you flew me in supplies and flew over to the Bishop HQ (Me a Rook sitting at Bish HQ getting supplied by a Knight) I remember you then flew your C 47 to the HQ and bailed out. You then went on 200 and challenged the Bish pilots of the C47's resupplying the HQ to bail out and have a gunfight with you on the streets of HQ.......You should have been a 49er for thinking up something like that..It really was a memorable good time

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2018, 09:03:40 PM »
It would have worked out better for all if the enemy had simply added to their own gaming skills to combat a new menace that was willing to try
new and creative things.

When buff pilots started flying on the edge of the map NOE, I would land a 110 in their possible path, turn up the sound, and go about working on things around the house.

When I heard them, it was go time.

The guys who can't come up with novel solutions to unusual attacks by the enemy have gotten their wish and are now reaping the reward.