Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 28755 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2018, 04:25:57 PM »
whilst we are at tweaking the gameplay;

Switch time lowered to one hour.
Remove M3 resupply to town buildings. 
Remove the dot commands (this was/is FAR bigger at making things arcadey/ no fog of war whatsoever for me)

You mean the .dt times for enemy buildings, I assume?  I could get behind at least 1 and 3.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2018, 04:35:27 PM »
All this because it's been determined that the radar is the cause of the low numbers?

Perhaps the lack of visible action is the cause of subscribers leaving.  They enter an arena that appears empty.   Translation: This game is boring.   Perhaps Hitech is trying to show that action is readily available in the arenas.

It's the right direction for the game.   This is not the final form but the trend is good.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2018, 04:36:12 PM »
You mean the .dt times for enemy buildings, I assume?  I could get behind at least 1 and 3.

Wiley.

I'm behind #1 fully.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2018, 04:56:34 PM »
Since "group activity" is a bit vague, let's try to be a bit more accurate.

"Most of the complaints so far are by players who have no interest in playing this game with against enemy opposition, or with allies of differing play styles."

It is clear that the whiners want nothing more than to play only with their ilk against auto ack and cubic structures.

Until you build a terrain for the MA, you never really catch on to what the MA is becasue you are not forced to work out those mechanics down to bridge placements across streams. Or round trip time for aircraft in field placements to help promote acitivty. You know group activity is not vague, you don't like what it means in totality to how the MA operates now days. You have only a single interest in how you want the MA to operate which at times you have railed at Hitech indirectly in your answers to player posts complaining about Hitech effecting what they like that you don't. I cannot build terrains for the MA that will accomplish your narrow interest alone and get them accepted by Hitech.

This is specious and self serving: "Most of the complaints so far are by players who have no interest in playing this game with against enemy opposition, or with allies of differing play styles."

They are one facet of loner style game play along side of the air samurais who think all GV's should be removed from the game or at least evicted from the MA. Just as most customers want to play as "group play" style which is how the majority of humans want to play these kinds of games to feel better about their potential outcomes. You have called them cowards who hide in the safety of groups since you have been on these boards. Those cowards keep Hitech's doors open with their cash flow.

Designing MA terrains is about balance of customer interests, not creating a myopic view of the MA. Which the radar test appears to be Hitech trying to balance something.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2018, 05:06:05 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:47:57 AM by Skuzzy »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2018, 05:08:22 PM »
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:48:36 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2018, 05:14:18 PM »
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:48:56 AM by Skuzzy »

JG11

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2018, 05:15:23 PM »
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:49:11 AM by Skuzzy »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2018, 05:16:45 PM »
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:49:23 AM by Skuzzy »

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:49:37 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2018, 05:17:52 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:49:51 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2018, 05:17:54 PM »
Maybe this new feature of ALL DAR UP is Hitechs ad campaign for Third World business.

OR maybe attempting to find wealthier subscribers?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 05:22:10 PM by BBQsam »
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2018, 05:29:30 PM »
Would be nice to have a longer range radar at a base that can be porked, with the current range dar being always active.  But even as a bomb****, I hope that gv dar square size is increased, and pinpoint removed.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2018, 05:30:52 PM »
I wasn't going to bomb**** last night with the gv dar set to JStars (google it) mode. Until I saw that the icons are huge relative to the terrain and gvs are just as hard to spot on the ground as before. I kind of like the idea of JStars dar vs sector gv dar. GVs just have a sector gv dar unless they haven't moved their gv (or grounded plane) for xxx yards in the prior yy minutes then the gv icon starts showing up on gv JStars dar.

While playing with arena settings, maybe try the combination of dar like last night with reduced icon range. The 3k yards setting of FSO might be fun and reward good SA.

If you can't have fun adapting, how in the world did you have fun doing the exact same old thing night after night?
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2018, 05:36:51 PM »
Until you build a terrain for the MA, you never really catch on to what the MA is becasue you are not forced to work out those mechanics down to bridge placements across streams. Or round trip time for aircraft in field placements to help promote acitivty. You know group activity is not vague, you don't like what it means in totality to how the MA operates now days. You have only a single interest in how you want the MA to operate which at times you have railed at Hitech indirectly in your answers to player posts complaining about Hitech effecting what they like that you don't. I cannot build terrains for the MA that will accomplish your narrow interest alone and get them accepted by Hitech.

This is specious and self serving: "Most of the complaints so far are by players who have no interest in playing this game with against enemy opposition, or with allies of differing play styles."

They are one facet of loner style game play along side of the air samurais who think all GV's should be removed from the game or at least evicted from the MA. Just as most customers want to play as "group play" style which is how the majority of humans want to play these kinds of games to feel better about their potential outcomes. You have called them cowards who hide in the safety of groups since you have been on these boards. Those cowards keep Hitech's doors open with their cash flow.

Designing MA terrains is about balance of customer interests, not creating a myopic view of the MA. Which the radar test appears to be Hitech trying to balance something.

you totally missed my point. Your belief that the GV'ers are not operating in groups is incorrect. Even just flying over a GV fight should be enough to clue you in to the fact that what they do is very much a group activity. My point is that they very much would prefer to operate outside the greater MA crowd, where they might get bombed.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 05:38:32 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com