Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 28761 times)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2018, 01:10:19 PM »
See Rule #7

That's the 800 lb Gorilla that needs fixing too

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2018, 01:17:05 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:00:11 PM by Skuzzy »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2018, 01:24:36 PM »
whilst we are at tweaking the gameplay;

1) Switch time lowered to one hour.
2) Remove M3 resupply to town buildings. 
3) Remove the dot commands (this was/is FAR bigger at making things arcadey/ no fog of war compared to the radar change IMO)  New players havent a scoobie about them and old players who know them all can assess the exact war situation with a few quick fingers from any tower on the map.

I popped my head in to look at the radar test and felt that point 1 became more important.  You could see the good fight on the other end of the map without switching and getting stuck.

I agree with all 3. Number 3 doesn't seem like a big problem, but why not. I am not in the MA right now because I want to switch, but I'll be stuck without my squadmates until 8:24 PM EST.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2018, 01:55:01 PM »

In my experience, many players seem to be only listening to their squad channel and watching the map zoomed in on their location, if at all.
Countless times I have called out enemy strat missions for 20+ minutes, only to have the country channel to explode with "ALERT AXX!!" and players spawning Wirbels en masse when said raid finally comes through a friendly dar at 27k on their way to the target...  :rofl
to be perfectly honest... And I'm speaking from experience I don't think you need any help stopping strat runners in your 163 I've seen you land three kills in it 3 sperate times in 30 min..I know that isn't the point but that's what was my first thought
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2018, 02:06:08 PM »
yes I know logging out and then back in again will give you that info fresh but would that be abused?  I dont know.

I do know. It would be abused. Someone with a second account would stream it live for their country, or squad at least.

We need a way for the new players to "find the action" with out taking all of the strategic side of the game away.

I assume they would stay longer if they had a chance to find less lethal action. Full dar guarantees a quick death. Noone ever got hurt for flying a supply goon to a factory. That might be a bit extreme, but maybe there's something in between.

to be perfectly honest... And I'm speaking from experience I don't think you need any help stopping strat runners in your 163 I've seen you land three kills in it 3 sperate times in 30 min..I know that isn't the point but that's what was my first thought

What you're saying is that a country needs more Lusches to be safe. Problem is - there aren't that many as they are needed. And quite frequently they're flying for the wrong country.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2018, 02:19:36 PM »
I agree with all 3. Number 3 doesn't seem like a big problem, but why not. I am not in the MA right now because I want to switch, but I'll be stuck without my squadmates until 8:24 PM EST.
move switch time to 3 hours and if you're going castrate the M3 then make the pony max alt 15k... It's only fair.... You will have to excuse my sarcasm I spent a considerable amount of time in an M3
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:40:49 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2018, 02:30:06 PM »
I assume they would stay longer if they had a chance to find less lethal action. Full dar guarantees a quick death. Noone ever got hurt for flying a supply goon to a factory. That might be a bit extreme, but maybe there's something in between.

On the contrary I would say, when I started ah I loved the huge furballs we had over the water. The action, the activity! The missions that clashed into eachother. Not knowing a thing about eny or which planes where better. I would fly a spit 1 or 14 or whatever low on the dek to fly into the fight just to  crash into the ground. The first 3 months of dieing gave me such an adrenaline rush just left me wanting more and more untill I got my first earned kill. I was so happy. It made me stay for over 14 years now. I also remember the first time I earned a salute, I was so proud.

What we absolutely do not want to happen is that we slap them down and hunt them like they are baby seals. Just make contact with them instead and give them a helping hand.

DutchVII
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:31:45 PM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2018, 02:33:07 PM »
I do know. It would be abused. Someone with a second account would stream it live for their country, or squad at least.

What you're saying is that a country needs more Lusches to be safe. Problem is - there aren't that many as they are needed. And quite frequently they're flying for the wrong country.
yes.. it wasn't meant to address the issue only expressing my personal experiences with said poster and strats.. Kind of a backhanded compliment

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:34:50 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2018, 03:12:25 PM »
I had a productive evening last night in my M-8 with 24 kills vs 3 deaths. The all seeing radar let me see where all the gv's were at the Rook spawn.
I was able to add more perk points to my gv account as it is not yet where I would like it to be.  I must thank my buddy Virgle for all his generous donations.  :D :D Aside from last night, M-8's are usually pretty harmless and are a threat to no one in AH.

I am still against the all seeing radar and hope we can get rid of the gv dar bar as well.

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2018, 03:23:03 PM »

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2018, 03:34:35 PM »
GUYS.....ITS TEMPORARY   While I have absolutely NO IDEA what data he would be looking at with this test, and yes its different......its a TEMPORARY thing. Doesnt mean A THING, and any extrapolations of conspiracy theories or what ifs is a MUTE POINT. Give it a chance. Its just like with AH3..it was in OPEN ALPHA for a good 9 MONTHS, with very limited numbers of players testing it out. WHAT HAPPENED? Everyone ignored the fact that change was coming and waited till AH2 was closed to come and check it out.. SAME RESULT HT fix your broke game...this sucks...Im quitting...why not change it back to AH2......So he is testing in the MA...BIG DEAL. Just something different to GRIPE ABOUT. All he has heard for over a year is complaining...NOW WHEN HE DOES TRY TO FIX SOMETHING....all you guys can do is scream and throw tantrums. WE are GROWN bellybutton MEN...we are better than this :bhead
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2018, 03:37:10 PM »
I think its great for the game. New players can see where the fights are so it will be much more fun. We need more players and this will help a lot

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2018, 03:51:31 PM »
I really liked it last night.  There was a green blob capturing bases without much air defense.  No need for me to join that.  I may have helped had there been more air defense.

Nearby enemy bases had lifters maybe considering defense of the attacked base.  When I was about dar ring distance from that base, a red guy or two would point his nose at me leading to a fight.  I had a ball of about three or four sorties with fun fights.  I may have even won one. 

I have small windows of time to fly.  Getting into quality fights is what I want to do and this makes it easier.  If six red guys had come after me, I'd have disengaged and they would know that.  They could run me down or I'd reengage when one or two remained.

Flying into six red guys is not fun.  And I didn't have to do that to find a fight. 

HONK!
Gooss

CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2018, 04:13:37 PM »

I dont think "dying" is the issue as long as it doesnt take 15-20 minutes to get back to the fight. I use to watch my son play "call of duty" and he would die a half dozen times killing a dozen or more to accomplish the attack, and do this over and over again all night long.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2018, 04:16:03 PM »
Sorry V, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. :joystick:

I stand by my statement without apology. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)