Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 28701 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2018, 10:49:29 AM »
I saw the opposite ratio over two days.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #226 on: August 03, 2018, 11:20:22 AM »
Last night playing, I think only 2 people actually admitted to liking it. At least 12 or more who voiced their opinion didn't like it.

I concur. Same experience.  We were trying to attack a field with air and GVs late in the evening yesterday.  1) every plane we mustered was vectored in upon before we got remotely close their radar ring (and their radar was "down").  2) none of the GVs made any headway on the town, in fact out of 6 GVs attacking, not a single building was taken out, and we outnumbered them 3:1 on the ground.  GVs were wiped out in under 8 minutes, including the time for the ride from the spawn.  They also had lancs up from another base (we had their ords down), and they were lining up and dropping on the GV icons in town. 

If the ultimate evolution of this is full radar in the tower, normal radar in flight (including GV dar squares), I'd be perfectly ok with it.  It does help you get to where the fight is.  Keeping it out of the cockpit eliminates the vectoring in michigas.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: August 03, 2018, 11:32:06 AM »
I like the idea of full radar in the tower and a different setting in flight.

More ideas:

1.  Have different update rates for inside and outside friendly dar rings.  Update at the usual quick rate inside the ring and at a slower rate outside.
2.  Make base dar downtime a set value (15 minutes?) unrelated to dar strat.  It would still be an advantage to kill the dar as part of a coordinated attack, but not so easy to blind the enemy for hours.
3.  Adjust the update rate outside the friendly dar rings according to the condition of the dar strat.  So there would still be a good reason to hit the strat.
4.  Harden the base dar -- about the same as a hangar -- so that it takes a deliberate attack to destroy it, rather than the last act of a smoking spitfire.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2018, 11:45:20 AM »
I do not like the GV dar or the all seeing radar, But, if it puts more people in the arena I am all  IN.

:D :D My M-8 definitely needs more Targets.  :D :D

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2018, 12:40:30 PM »
I stopped all flying and driving in the MA and have only been sitting in a field gun because of the new dar.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2018, 12:43:08 PM »
I stopped all flying and driving in the MA and have only been sitting in a field gun because of the new dar.

We can still see you!!! Muueeeehahahaha  :old:

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2018, 01:01:28 PM »

Haha this is funny

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2018, 01:25:47 PM »
I am more than willing to to be patience and wait to see where this goes. In that this is Hi Tech's game and livelyhood it is in his best interest to try and present us with a product that will keep us happy and from time to time changes and updates are necessary,I get it. I can recall this same out cry over the years when new changes were tried and implemented. The sky is falling, the game is going to hell, I'll quit forever...etc etc. Give the man time to do his work.
 On a personal note I do not like the current concept, it reeks of Aladdins Castle, not all of us are "Looking for the fight". Not all of us are interested in a perpetual furball. If this game were no more than a fighter furball I would have been gone years ago. Also if I have no squaddies on I am often the Lone Wolf, some times due to time constraints or because what ever is going on on the map at that time does not appeal to me I will invent my own mission. My point here is simply this. Trying to force me to play your fighter game will cause me in the short term to log and in the long term to just lose interest and leave. This full map radar impedes mission planning, NOE raids and the element of surprise IMO, particularly for small squads. Coordinating with other squads for numbers is akin to herding cats and is more trouble than it is worth.
 As I said I am willing to be patient with this test but I do hope that this is not our new direction
 My 2 cents worth.
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2018, 01:39:30 PM »

Well that's good.   A lot of field gun campers have done the opposite.  Either way I've seen more action over the course of this test than in many years.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2018, 02:25:27 PM »
in fact out of 6 GVs attacking, not a single building was taken out, and we outnumbered them 3:1 on the ground. 

I have trouble sympathizing with this.  But that's just me.

- oldman

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #235 on: August 03, 2018, 03:17:05 PM »
 :rofl
But if he gains $45 a month then he is up double.  $45 - $15 = $30  (which is 2 x $15).
MATH...DAm you :devil  Heck, if I found out 30 % of player names drop off thr roster and were SHADE accounts...I would pay their subs just to keep money coming in for HT :O Well with in reason :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #236 on: August 03, 2018, 03:21:05 PM »
I like the idea of full radar in the tower and a different setting in flight.

More ideas:

1.  Have different update rates for inside and outside friendly dar rings.  Update at the usual quick rate inside the ring and at a slower rate outside.
2.  Make base dar downtime a set value (15 minutes?) unrelated to dar strat.  It would still be an advantage to kill the dar as part of a coordinated attack, but not so easy to blind the enemy for hours.
3.  Adjust the update rate outside the friendly dar rings according to the condition of the dar strat.  So there would still be a good reason to hit the strat.
4.  Harden the base dar -- about the same as a hangar -- so that it takes a deliberate attack to destroy it, rather than the last act of a smoking spitfire.
:aok +100 I could ABSOLUTELY go with this
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline gblade30

• Copper Member
« Reply #237 on: August 03, 2018, 03:35:11 PM »
Absolutely do not like the full radar.totally removes the element of surprise  that can be the edge in a fight in 2018 just as it did in 1942.-100 for full radar and I'm out after many years if it doesn't end . Simplist solution is variable map sizes . Smaller off peak , larger weekends etc :rock :rock :rock

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2018, 03:37:54 PM »
Last night playing, I think only 2 people actually admitted to liking it. At least 12 or more who voiced their opinion didn't like it.

you can not propose to know what other people are thinking-esp people in the other countries.
plus I doubt everyone playing posted their displeasure, even in your own country
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2018, 03:41:11 PM »
I concur. Same experience.  We were trying to attack a field with air and GVs late in the evening yesterday.  1) every plane we mustered was vectored in upon before we got remotely close their radar ring (and their radar was "down").  2) none of the GVs made any headway on the town, in fact out of 6 GVs attacking, not a single building was taken out, and we outnumbered them 3:1 on the ground.  GVs were wiped out in under 8 minutes, including the time for the ride from the spawn.  They also had lancs up from another base (we had their ords down), and they were lining up and dropping on the GV icons in town. 

If the ultimate evolution of this is full radar in the tower, normal radar in flight (including GV dar squares), I'd be perfectly ok with it.  It does help you get to where the fight is.  Keeping it out of the cockpit eliminates the vectoring in michigas.

you know what that's called Jinx- its called a full out battle--when was the last time you had one of those--FULL RADAR allowed that to happen.
there's gotta be a winner and a loser-at the very least a tie.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.