Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 29418 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #450 on: August 06, 2018, 04:09:31 AM »
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:02:39 AM by Skuzzy »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
Re: Radar 2.0
« Reply #451 on: August 06, 2018, 04:48:54 AM »
I do not believe a word you guys are saying about not finding fights. It is as simple as flying to a nme field and start de-cking and 95% of the time someone will up to challenge you. If you could not find fights before it is because you are too lazy to fly to a field and challenge them. You want to have all the guesswork taken out of the game and strategy gone from the game.Take a GV to a town and start taking down town some one will up a GV or aircraft to find you. I am really tired of yo arcade type players trying to dumb down the game so there is no cat and mouse aspect left.

100% agree, with the old dar system you either have to be BLIND or stupid not to be able to find a fight. The easy button has arrived.
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #452 on: August 06, 2018, 05:02:59 AM »
Only if they’re shooting. 

Don’t be obtuse. 

A guy could flash a base in his chute, too.   

GV warning bars act as eyes on the ground.   They’re a substitute for the realism you claim to crave. 

“Tanks!   Tanks!  Help!”

If the player base chooses to ignore that warning fine.   I, OTOH, use it to land somewhere I won’t get sniped.

Ok, let just do away with radar, UNLESS someone wants to man a radar tower like in real life. No dar bar in sector, no flashing bases.
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #453 on: August 06, 2018, 05:04:58 AM »
100% agree, with the old dar system you either have to be BLIND or stupid not to be able to find a fight. The easy button has arrived.

It really depends on what timezone you play. If your an American, than what you say applies. However if you live anywhere else you will have a tough time. There are days I have logged and attacked bases and no one would up to defend.  :bolt:

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #454 on: August 06, 2018, 08:49:37 AM »
Ok, let just do away with radar, UNLESS someone wants to man a radar tower like in real life. No dar bar in sector, no flashing bases.

So let’s have even less chance of finding a fight.  BRILLIANT.  :old:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #455 on: August 06, 2018, 08:50:34 AM »
It really depends on what timezone you play. If your an American, than what you say applies. However if you live anywhere else you will have a tough time. There are days I have logged and attacked bases and no one would up to defend.  :bolt:

DutchVII

Same here.  In fact, I’ve done that very thing with you in an ad hoc situation.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #456 on: August 06, 2018, 10:02:41 AM »

DutchVII

OK, but isn't that more an issue with that time zone, rather than the game as a whole? 

I just logged in to the MA for the first time in 6-9 months (been out since whenever the GV dar changes were implemented), and only 30 guys up.  So I guess without all-seeing dar, you might have more difficulty in finding fights.  Still, It didn't used to be impossible, even with numbers that low.  It was just more difficult, and presented fewer options for PREFERRED style of fights.  But one could still find them. 

I saw the (hated and feared) GV dar square for the first time, and if that wasn't bad enough, the current dar experiment showed their exact position and facing.  Got to be a better way. 

MH
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:04:31 AM by TDeacon »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #457 on: August 06, 2018, 10:09:57 AM »
All seeing eye might work better for other non US time zones only because of how small dars are compared to the size of the maps. Small dars make it seem like there is little action, and does effect my decision on whether I should roll again.

It's still going to be bad news for most bombers and attack pilots.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #458 on: August 06, 2018, 10:33:20 AM »
OK, but isn't that more an issue with that time zone, rather than the game as a whole? 

I just logged in to the MA for the first time in 6-9 months (been out since whenever the GV dar changes were implemented), and only 30 guys up.  So I guess without all-seeing dar, you might have more difficulty in finding fights. 

And that's the rub right there.   Hasn't been here in 9 months, tells those of us who HAVE been here we can't find fights because we are too "picky" (or something like that).   Only 30 guys up, to boot.   What is that, five bases per player?

Still, It didn't used to be impossible, even with numbers that low.  It was just more difficult, and presented fewer options for PREFERRED style of fights.  But one could still find them.

Maybe if you switched countries, got stuck there, and had ENY, or moved to fight your own team.   :rolleyes:

What is a "PREFERRED style of fight" please?   You keep throwing that out there like it actually has some objective definition.  (It doesn't.)

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:49:03 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #459 on: August 06, 2018, 10:34:50 AM »
All seeing eye might work better for other non US time zones only because of how small dars are compared to the size of the maps. Small dars make it seem like there is little action, and does effect my decision on whether I should roll again.

It's still going to be bad news for most bombers and attack pilots.

Maybe the field radar could be expanded and then add a few "regional" radar sites that can be taken down like a strat can.   This coupled with snapshot radar in the tower updated every 5-15 mins...

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #460 on: August 06, 2018, 10:54:12 AM »
For those wishing only to fight rather than taking bases... why was there almost no one
in the late great furball arena? Seems that would have been an ideal venue for the "pure" fight
aficionado
And if memory serves, there was full dar in that arena  :aok
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #461 on: August 06, 2018, 11:00:58 AM »
And that's the rub right there.   Hasn't been here in 9 months, tells those of us who HAVE been here we can't find fights because we are too "picky" (or something like that).   Only 30 guys up, to boot.   What is that, five bases per player?

Maybe if you switched countries, got stuck there, and had ENY, or moved to fight your own team.   :rolleyes:

What is a "PREFERRED style of fight" please?   You keep throwing that out there like it actually has some objective definition.  (It doesn't.)

See this thread, reply 86.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,393951.75.html

MH

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #462 on: August 06, 2018, 11:16:54 AM »
Then your experience is different than mine, I have never failed to have a upper from a local field or one close by if I fly to that base to de ack or take down GV hangar etc. Some of the best fighting is from that because you are more apt to get 1v1 and not picked by every picker sitting on their perch.

Nope.

Did an experiment the other day with this very thing.  We took four bases.  FOUR.   Unopposed, while the Nits and the Bish had a purse fight on the other side of the map.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #463 on: August 06, 2018, 11:18:04 AM »
For those wishing only to fight rather than taking bases... why was there almost no one
in the late great furball arena? Seems that would have been an ideal venue for the "pure" fight
aficionado
And if memory serves, there was full dar in that arena  :aok

Because people go where the crowd is.    :aok

And the Melee is the big stage.    :aok
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #464 on: August 06, 2018, 11:18:48 AM »
See this thread, reply 86.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,393951.75.html

MH

Already read it and refuted your assertions.    So...    Again...
”KILLER V”
The Damned