Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 29106 times)

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #480 on: August 07, 2018, 02:31:14 PM »
The MA  was reset about hour and half ago. When it came back all enemy planes were Vs on my end. Then later something happened and the Vs turned into red fighter icons.

No more dar for enemy gvs.
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #481 on: August 07, 2018, 02:34:05 PM »
Do bombers show as bombers, or is it all fighter icons only?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #482 on: August 07, 2018, 02:36:03 PM »

No more dar for enemy gvs.

NONONO!!!  How will I ever know where DR7 is right before he kills me!!! :furious :noid  :mad:

Totally unfair
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #483 on: August 07, 2018, 02:36:53 PM »
Do bombers show as bombers, or is it all fighter icons only?

Wiley.

Reportedly everything in the air shows up as a fighter icon.  Not sure about NOE.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #484 on: August 07, 2018, 02:40:37 PM »
Reportedly everything in the air shows up as a fighter icon.  Not sure about NOE.

NOE's probably worth checking out, I think he mentioned it somewhere.

Curious to see how it works out.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #485 on: August 07, 2018, 02:46:57 PM »
 So now noobies will drive around aimlessly getting stuck in the trees until they cross in front of a nme tank and are back in the tower.

And you don't know weather to take off in a bomber killer or a fighter.

A good step forward with the full dar  but now 2 steps back.

Bad enough for veterans, awful for new guys.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #486 on: August 07, 2018, 04:47:01 PM »
Is it still full dar with just the bombers-as-fighters icon change?
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #487 on: August 07, 2018, 04:54:30 PM »
I think the current setup is a good compromise.  I love it.
Hopefully you can still be below dar though, and I think that below dar should definitely be atleast the hight of the carrier deck so gunners dont show up.

Perhaps have the bomber icons show up when they are inside the old dar circle, and figure out a way to inhibit radar.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:56:07 PM by haggerty »
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #488 on: August 07, 2018, 06:04:13 PM »
Hopefully you can still be below dar though, and I think that below dar should definitely be atleast the hight of the carrier deck so gunners dont show up.

Yes. It would be nice for planes sitting on the deck not to show up as well. Not sure what kind of radar is supposed to be capable of picking up a plane sitting on the deck but not able to pick up the ship itself or the superstructure which is much higher and many times larger than the plane.

As it is now, you can use land mode to target ships by targeting the gunners, which is absurd.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #489 on: August 07, 2018, 06:26:05 PM »

We have to appeal beyond the narrow niche you advocate.   

Dude, The "niche" that "wants more realism, better graphics"  Is all gamers.  Aces high is based on "Realism and Graphics".  The is a reason we have "Real" ww2 planes,  The reason we have "real" bullets, The reason we have "real" damage.  The reason we have "Real" Takeoffs.  The reason we have "real" open areas.  They should take away letting people spawn on runways.  :neener:  everyone out of the Hanger!  ok, there is some nice gamey features.  But radar? making people fly below the trees is cool but is that really how low people had to fly to avoid radar?  isnt 12 miles the distance you cant see beyond because of the curvature of the earth?  now thats real.  or hiding in mountains?  isnt that how theyd did it?  maybe its a coad nightmare but that is where the game should go. 

Seems to me the game rules said no ID if out of the radar "Range", dar bar was to "simulate" spotter reports and country communication from the war effort.  Again, everything about the game tried to make it real.

To question a games status; Is it Real? Is it Fun?. If you answer both as a "Yes" it becomes "Real Fun".

It would be a good Day for this game If 20 guys loaded up in some planes and went out to kill another 20 guys that loaded up in some planes and went out to kill another group of guys.  FSO, was that popular?  Why? because it was real.

keep it real.

:salute

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #490 on: August 07, 2018, 06:46:23 PM »
Is it still full dar with just the bombers-as-fighters icon change?

Full Radar up for GVs is now gone.
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #491 on: August 07, 2018, 06:52:49 PM »
Dude, The "niche" that "wants more realism, better graphics"  Is all gamers.  Aces high is based on "Realism and Graphics".  The is a reason we have "Real" ww2 planes,  The reason we have "real" bullets, The reason we have "real" damage.  The reason we have "Real" Takeoffs.  The reason we have "real" open areas.  They should take away letting people spawn on runways.

keep it real.

:salute

Yeah, Jugs fighting 51s is so real.

:rolleyes:

Grinding over in WT...   Super popular.   Definitely real.

:rolleyes:

Auto Takeoff.

You guessed it.

#Realism

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #492 on: August 07, 2018, 06:59:56 PM »

Yep, and I already forgot the golden rule, never land at a flashing base, as there is someone in the bushes every time  :noid  :rofl

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #493 on: August 07, 2018, 07:08:07 PM »
Yep, and I already forgot the golden rule, never land at a flashing base, as there is someone in the bushes every time  :noid  :rofl

Yep.  And now with all-seeing dar they'll know where the landers are going every time.

So once again we shift an advantage to the GVers.     SMH...   At least Sentry/Lookout Bars helped us know where they might be so we could land or depart elsewhere.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #494 on: August 07, 2018, 07:45:13 PM »

I don't gv so it's the same as last week. -1

I feel like I should be getting a $7.50 refund for the two weeks of this drastic change / "test" that has me not wanting to play the game (I don't want or expect a refund).

Make another arena for this full dar testing crap. It could have free perk planes as incentive to try it.

Plus side: In the recent time I did not spend playing this game I reorgainzed my workshop, split more wood than I need for next winter, and built some shelves out of pallets for my barn.
Game handle: HellBuck