Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 28701 times)

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #495 on: August 07, 2018, 09:23:00 PM »

Make another arena for this full dar testing crap. It could have free perk planes as incentive to try it.   

No.   This will not work.   Data gathering is needed where critical mass already exists.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #496 on: August 07, 2018, 11:22:26 PM »
Actually it is not the same.

I don't gv so it's the same as last week. -1

I feel like I should be getting a $7.50 refund for the two weeks of this drastic change / "test" that has me not wanting to play the game (I don't want or expect a refund).

Make another arena for this full dar testing crap. It could have free perk planes as incentive to try it.

Plus side: In the recent time I did not spend playing this game I reorgainzed my workshop, split more wood than I need for next winter, and built some shelves out of pallets for my barn.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline killjoy1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
New Radar Settings
« Reply #497 on: August 08, 2018, 12:08:04 AM »
I feel the current Dar settings reward hordes and punishes whichever country has the fewest numbers and/or resources.

Everybody sees everybody is too arcade for me.

I won't be playing AH if it continues this way. 

callsigns:  Rexx, Killjoy, Fluffy

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Radar Settings
« Reply #498 on: August 08, 2018, 12:12:28 AM »
I feel the current Dar settings reward hordes and punishes whichever country has the fewest numbers and/or resources.

Everybody sees everybody is too arcade for me.

I won't be playing AH if it continues this way.

Don’t be such a killjoy.  Sheesh.   :D
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #499 on: August 08, 2018, 02:04:57 AM »
Yeah, Jugs fighting 51s is so real.

:rolleyes:
In that case you fight against aircraft that have been captured.  :old:
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Time delay on long range radar
« Reply #500 on: August 08, 2018, 03:27:05 AM »
Maybe have the "full dar" coverage with a 5, 10, or 15 second or so time delay. You get the info but it's not a substitute for looking out of the cockpit. Field based radar (short range) is 0 delay...and maybe enemy bomber icons do show. Just a thought.  :salute
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #501 on: August 08, 2018, 04:10:12 AM »
So let’s have even less chance of finding a fight.  BRILLIANT.  :old:

Seems to me only 1 player cant find a fight
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #502 on: August 08, 2018, 05:41:50 AM »
Sadly I work away and have not been able to participate in the test.  1 more week to go and I will be there.

Strikes me as odd that so many in a combat game would run up the white flag faster than a fat kid can reach for the ice cream.

I would have thought maybe you would have stuck it out instead of surrendering and screaming ‘I quit’ within hours of the start of the test.  Guess we know why so many run from the fights now.

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #503 on: August 08, 2018, 08:43:03 AM »
Yep.  And now with all-seeing dar they'll know where the landers are going every time.

So once again we shift an advantage to the GVers.     SMH...   At least Sentry/Lookout Bars helped us know where they might be so we could land or depart elsewhere.

Yep.  And now with all-seeing dar fighter know EXACTLY where to go to engage bombers. Not hard to figure out what is  a bomber with full dar.

So once again we shift the advantage to the fighter jocks.  SMH...

Doing strat runs has become a useless and futile effort so may as well get rid of the strats now while we're at it.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #504 on: August 08, 2018, 09:50:52 AM »
Yep.  And now with all-seeing dar fighter know EXACTLY where to go to engage bombers. Not hard to figure out what is  a bomber with full dar.

So once again we shift the advantage to the fighter jocks.  SMH...

Doing strat runs has become a useless and futile effort so may as well get rid of the strats now while we're at it.

It's ok.  Give it a couple weeks until the novelty wears off and it'll go back to the same 3 or 4 people willing to climb enough to go after you when they're on and you'll be once again safe behind your cloak of boredom.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #505 on: August 08, 2018, 09:58:10 AM »
I saw last night NOE does work.  I watched a guy at treetop level's dot blip in and out.

If it were me, I'd give them another 10-20 feet to make it more viable, though what I'd REALLY like to see is have it require LOS from the tower.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #506 on: August 08, 2018, 11:09:31 AM »
Why fix something that's not broken!  I am very unhappy with the NEW radar settings.  It takes strategy and stealth out of the game.  I am amazed by how many people have told me they were going to quit.  This is just great with a declining membership let's drive players from the game.

Really enjoyed climbing six sectors in B29s to be met by four interceptors.  No more Buff runs for me thank you very much! :bhead
AkCaine

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #507 on: August 08, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »
You do know that buffs were visible on dar in WW2 as well and were commonly intercepted.  Im still hitting strats with ease and returning home, unless I get hit with 163 spam.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #508 on: August 08, 2018, 12:31:13 PM »
Anyone concerned about radar towers at feilds no longer having any effect on local game play? Where Phase-2 has taken us is not far off from the original configuration with exception to not being able to knock out local radar. What happens to local radar now?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #509 on: August 08, 2018, 12:38:36 PM »
Anyone concerned about radar towers at feilds no longer having any effect on local game play? Where Phase-2 has taken us is not far off from the original configuration with exception to not being able to knock out local radar. What happens to local radar now?

I'm wondering what the endgame is.  The way it currently works it's taken away quite a few targets that people used to love to hit.

Wiley.

JG11