Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 28701 times)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #510 on: August 08, 2018, 12:46:46 PM »

No.   This will not work.   Data gathering is needed where critical mass already exists.
How can the critical data be accurate and produce reliable results when,
as far as I can tell, some are not playing... including myself?

:salute

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #511 on: August 08, 2018, 12:48:41 PM »
Yeah, I mean no one really realizes how long it takes for a long bomber sortie, and when you got 6 cons rolling just for "easy" bombers kills, it kind feels like a giant waste of time.

I truely think really not much needed to be changed but to make the radar harder to take down. Too much work going into this for what I think is really a simple solution.

I am glad the radar is being looked into, because it does actually have a large inpact on the fightability. I've always thought the old radar was a bit too hard for most players. Even for me when I could only see a tiny a dar, and not sure if I should roll again based on how much time it would take to find them and be worth the fight.

Radar is literally the first thing most players kills when attacking a base, and this takes the dots away. Put more radar towers or make it zone radar, but to the level of the HQ. And this way bombers have something to attack to help them be more sublte around the map.

I definitely think this kind of open dar really impacts the strategy players and makes it feel really gamey for a World Wide map.

I played last night on the new radar and didn't see much of a difference from the fighter side.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #512 on: August 08, 2018, 01:40:28 PM »
I'm also considering a player spotting type dar. I.E. if someone is in icon range it shows on your and everyone in your country dar.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #513 on: August 08, 2018, 01:44:35 PM »
I'm also considering a player spotting type dar. I.E. if someone is in icon range it shows on your and everyone in your country dar.

If that's on the table, might I suggest contemplating making it work on LOS from the radar towers?  I'd probably knock back range from from what it was in real life, but I think it would add some gameplay and realism warm fuzzies.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #514 on: August 08, 2018, 02:02:35 PM »
 Was fun will it lasted!

Was fun with full dar , found a fight every time I upped.  Now its back to looking in 625 sq miles for the enemy.

Knowing if its a buff or not determines plane I take, that's gone now.

Good luck new guys youll need it.

How long will this lack of dar last?

Good luck new guys

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #515 on: August 08, 2018, 02:32:23 PM »
Was fun will it lasted!

Was fun with full dar , found a fight every time I upped.  Now its back to looking in 625 sq miles for the enemy.

Good luck new guys

Ok now I'm lost.

HiTech

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #516 on: August 08, 2018, 02:35:00 PM »
 Lack of bomber dar and GV dar

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #517 on: August 08, 2018, 02:36:42 PM »
Was fun will it lasted!

Good luck new guys

Strange, I have full dar on my machine ('cept GVs).

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #518 on: August 08, 2018, 02:38:13 PM »
Lack of bomber dar and GV dar

The bombers aren't invisible.  GV dar is still there.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #519 on: August 08, 2018, 02:41:10 PM »
Ok now I'm lost.

HiTech

He liked the full dar test mode.

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
Re: Time delay on long range radar
« Reply #520 on: August 08, 2018, 02:54:02 PM »
Very good idea.

Why cant we have two or three large long range radars in each country? (like 100 or 200 miles or so)
That radar can see only above 3000 ft and mark enemy targets only dots. And after marking, dots fade away in few seconds like in old radars.
And you can see that long range dar only in tower, so there is still that hunting aspect left. Or you need to cooperate with someone.

And radar indicator displayed like in video. Imagine that indicator rolling over map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irm1trHjk3o

And leave those field based radars as is now.

So you can getting alt in your own country airspace, without showing up before you entering enemy airspace.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #521 on: August 08, 2018, 03:10:36 PM »
I do not understand Dale, why mess with the radar at all. Who is complaining that they don't like it to make you do so much messing with a radar that worked just fine. even before the red square GV dar.  It seem like you are pissing a lot of players off. If it is because getting new players to see where the action is as I have said before you need a pilot training program like many other games have.

Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #522 on: August 08, 2018, 03:12:21 PM »
 Max you got it!

I liked last weeks dar, do NOT like the current dar.

Just looked in the MA,  No nme GVs on dar and No nme bombers on dar, that's what I meant by lack of dar.

Just think its harder now for a newbie to figure out the game quick enough not to give up and leave.

I would really like for the game to stay around, but apparently it seems to hard to the 2 weekers.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #523 on: August 08, 2018, 03:12:45 PM »
Apparently you didn't really play with the latest radar, you can still see where the fights are, don't understand you complaint.

Was fun will it lasted!

Good luck new guys
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
My thoughts
« Reply #524 on: August 08, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »
The dar settings, at least the way they were configured last week with minor adjustments are optimal for facilitating combat. It necessitates the use of combined arm operations in order to gain dirt.
    The largest GV battles I have either witnessed or participated in since the advent of AH3 were during the previous week. The reason being is that it was easy to find were the action was. In the past, with all the trees obscuring both the movement and the stationary position of GVs facilitates hiding and non-combat. Even with the icons enabled, I was forced on many occasions to fire at random trees to locate a gv and even then, it’s difficult to remember the location of the said GV due to the generic nature of the terrain. As and afterthought on gvs, if a player is n the commander position he ought to be able to be killed by a straffing run. If I get killed due a few 50s or a 20mm to the cockpit, then a player in commander mode ought to have his gourd pops by a similar fashion. A turreted wirb needs to be a dead wirb. GVs were unable to advance on an enemy position unnoticed in RL. Now I do not expect a exact simulation, I do not like something being deliberately un-realistic.
     My only gripe with the dar settings as it is and as it was, is the ability to see deep in the back country.

Chuikov