Author Topic: End of Full Dar  (Read 19835 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: End of Full Dar
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2018, 03:34:58 PM »
Except I think that's backwards.  I think most of the people with the biggest problems with all seeing dar's playstyle is more prevalent when numbers are lower than when they're higher.

Wiley.

New people cannot find a fight.   If they cannot find a fight they will not stay long enough to subscribe.    Thus you will have no influx of new players, just a steady decline of the old ones.

Hitech was on the right track until the blackmail whiner brigade went after him and threatened his business.   That's how I see it.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2018, 03:45:20 PM »
3/4 of the people in here at least are using it to avoid combat.  The survey will tell you what the number likely is.  Combine the two vote totals for the new dar and compare them to the vote for the old way.  I bet it's 3:1.

Vulchers?    I'm in a  1 v 1 out over the water and getting potted by an 88.  That's stupid.

Put an ENY on the ack guns.    When numbers are <30 you can't use one. 

This is unfortunate, but there will be a lot of people going with you.   

The fact is, if I had not already invested ten years in this game I'd be gone, too.   When you log into an arena and chase ghosts it is really boring as a vet.   For a new player....?   Impossible.
disagree about ack guns .. Maybe not you but numbers were less than 30 when 5 nits vulched me while trying to take off.. it would be one thing if they were in a base take action but they weren't... Sure I could up from a nearby base and have a 5v1 I chose to send 5 nits to tower via 37mm manned gun.. If are close enough to get manned gun then you're in enemy territory
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2018, 03:46:29 PM »
Or they use the stupid 88 to pot at guys in a 1 v 1 totally ruining the fight.   Manned guns should be restricted when numbers are low.   Get in a plane or log out.

You got that right.

I never had so much fun as during the radar test.  Now I am back to chasing dar bar ghosts...   :bhead
:huh Dont doubt you...I HAVE RARELY had this happen. I get shot at YES...CV Auto ack or Strat....but player 88? I can count on 1 hand howmany times I get killed by manned 88's. Its usually Chuikov and I am deacking, and usually with in 2k. If I had this happen on a regular basis  :uhoh  YES, I WOULD BE PO, but I havent had this issue. I only even witness it happening maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Its ALWAYS after a whole lot of misses, I tend to pull or push away when they get close. True, in a fight that gets hard to do...it just doesnt happen to me enough to be a big issue :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2018, 03:56:29 PM »
:huh Dont doubt you...I HAVE RARELY had this happen. I get shot at YES...CV Auto ack or Strat....but player 88? I can count on 1 hand howmany times I get killed by manned 88's. Its usually Chuikov and I am deacking, and usually with in 2k. If I had this happen on a regular basis  :uhoh  YES, I WOULD BE PO, but I havent had this issue. I only even witness it happening maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Its ALWAYS after a whole lot of misses, I tend to pull or push away when they get close. True, in a fight that gets hard to do...it just doesnt happen to me enough to be a big issue :uhoh

Some of these guys have the bogus fake gunsights and are snipers in that thing.

The Mustang in particular is tinfoil for 88s.   I get shredded regularly from max range.  It's obnoxious and really should be dealt with.

If the 88s can kill friendlies, too then bring them on.  Or killshooter at least.  It's stupid that someone can grief other people in that thing with zero penalty.   No consequences.  Not a bit of risk to them or anyone else.   One-way streets are bad mechanics IMO.

Again, just how I see it. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2018, 04:11:59 PM »
I totally agree 1stpar3, it is very much a matter of perspective.  The guys that just want fighter action seem to get fewer by the day.  I was drawn to the game after Fighter Ace died because I wanted to be a virtual WW2 Fighter pilot.

I just feel my days here are numbered because there is less of that type of action.

I came over from Fighter Ace not long after AH started. Some of the folks I flew with were checking AH out and told me about it. Been here ever since.

I was Qwikthink (might have been shortened) over there and flew for some time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2018, 04:20:53 PM »
Some of these guys have the bogus fake gunsights and are snipers in that thing.

The Mustang in particular is tinfoil for 88s.   I get shredded regularly from max range.  It's obnoxious and really should be dealt with.

If the 88s can kill friendlies, too then bring them on.  Or killshooter at least.  It's stupid that someone can grief other people in that thing with zero penalty.   No consequences.  Not a bit of risk to them or anyone else.   One-way streets are bad mechanics IMO.

Again, just how I see it.
I can see killshooter option for manned gun.. Currently I get frequent you have shot yourself on the 88mm with no damaged to self.. Maybe if 88mm hits friendly gun blows up with kill awarded to nearest enemy con within 12k since that's the range on the 88? Then again I use 88mm for vulchers not to avoid multiple cons
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 04:22:26 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2018, 04:23:32 PM »
I can see killshooter option for manned gun.. Currently I get frequent you have shot yourself on the 88mm with no damaged to self.. Maybe if 88mm hits friendly gun blows up with kill awarded to nearest enemy con within 12k since that's the range on the 88? Then again I use 88mm for vulchers not to avoid multiple cons

Do 88mm drivers get more women?
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »
lol of course we do.... We are good with our fingers because unlike Navy guns we don't have proximity fuses
"scott66"        

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2018, 04:26:57 PM »
lol of course we do.... We are good with our fingers because unlike Navy guns we don't have proximity fuses

Girls must like those that miss a lot. SChwing
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2018, 04:28:42 PM »
Girls must like those that miss a lot. SChwing
LMAO I always hit what I'm aiming at.... Eventually...I have stamina
"scott66"        

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2018, 04:29:08 PM »
NOPE :rofl...PUT...THE'...MIC, DOWN. Nailed it :rock Maybe Vraciu could try...may be why he is so testy...what he does isnt working in that department :uhoh  His reputation is out there now...for a series of high speed passes on 3 air control towers and ONE Admirals Daughter  :x So what, he can fly inverted through a bomber hanger....dont impress me much. Oh you said WOMEN  :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2018, 04:55:37 PM »

That's a thought.

And again, you are like Fess.   You don't run from fights.   But that's the exception not the rule now.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2018, 04:59:54 PM »
New people cannot find a fight.

Where precisely is that theory coming from?  I've only seen people speculating that's the reason for the dar changes.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #298 on: August 15, 2018, 05:05:33 PM »
Where precisely is that theory coming from?  I've only seen people speculating that's the reason for the dar changes.

Wiley.

The tests are new..... new folks are new. New things are new... who knew?
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #299 on: August 15, 2018, 05:08:32 PM »
That's a thought.

And again, you are like Fess.   You don't run from fights.   But that's the exception not the rule now.
love fighting like you and fess ... The one thing about manned guns that I feel must be addressed is the a anonymous of being in a manned gun... If you are in a manned gun and someone takes it out it should be a kill that gets awarded to the one that took it out manned guns are just that... Manned if no one is in them they don't fire therefore it should count as a death treated as such.. And yes I know a pilot with his .45 can take out a 17lbr I've done it.. Still dead crew dead gun... Also Fifi should be able to land kills it has rear gun .. Even c47 lands kills and it doesn't... Maybe wish list thing
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:11:44 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"