Author Topic: What will it take? (for HT)  (Read 20210 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: What will it take? (for HT)
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2018, 10:45:59 AM »
Very good analysis Wab.

HiTech

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2018, 11:14:29 AM »
Very nice, Wabbit.  That's more or less what I believe is the state of the game, but stated far better than I ever have.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2018, 01:46:54 PM »
Would love to come back if they would get the numbers up to about 400-500 on Friday snip

Screen door on a submarine logic.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2018, 03:46:06 PM »
I dont think its fair for people to put down others who wont join till the numbers are up.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2018, 03:52:18 PM »
Whenever I log in there are always red thingys around to play with
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2018, 03:55:27 PM »
I'll re-pitch a previous suggestion once again. Certainly HTC has a data base of past subscribers, with email addresses. Do a blitz mailing with a 60 day complimentary subscription that requires activation within 14 days. If all the folks who claimed they'd return if the #'s were up, made use of the offer, we'd have 300 + players, if not more. This doesn't cost HTC a dime other than the time required to get the mailing out. Worth a shot.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2018, 04:22:58 PM »
I'll re-pitch a previous suggestion once again. Certainly HTC has a data base of past subscribers, with email addresses. Do a blitz mailing with a 60 day complimentary subscription that requires activation within 14 days. If all the folks who claimed they'd return if the #'s were up, made use of the offer, we'd have 300 + players, if not more. This doesn't cost HTC a dime other than the time required to get the mailing out. Worth a shot.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2018, 04:35:20 PM »
How many random internet gamers out there even own a joystick you think?  HOTAS? Rudder peddals?

My Warthog is number 45k'something. Look around and estimate how many people use one. I guess around 10%. With that, the total number of sticks in use is half a million.

There's many videos about flight sims on YouTube with 1m+ views.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2018, 04:39:30 PM »
Screen door on a submarine logic.

Exactly,

The "I'll play again when the numbers are up" crowd are just perpetuating the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2018, 10:47:00 PM »
There used to be more players, but they were probably like me; they just wanted a great multi-player combat experience and AH was the best option.  There are so many options now if you are not locked in to WWII air combat. 

Regards,
Wab

For me, it's not the mult-player combat experience, it's the airplanes.

Aces High is an unparalleled celebration of aviation, and a memorial to those who flew these machines for real.   :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2018, 01:16:58 AM »
:aok Heck, for that matter...wonder what would happen if the "POT" was sweetened? Like maybe be in a Drawing to win some GREAT GEAR..i.e. TrackIr, Vr set up or even a new PC to play on. I am more than willing to fund this experiment. It would just need approval from HTC and some IDEAS about how to do this. I am thinking about using results from either a Pick 3 or the big lotto...power ball i think. It sure would hurt the current numbers any way :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2018, 06:08:18 AM »

We cannot do that.  The last time we did that, several ISP's banned email from us.  Three still ban email from us.  All it takes is one person to complain about unsolicited email and you get blacklisted.

That blacklist is a database many ISP's subscribe to.  Easy to get on that list and very difficult to get off of it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2018, 06:53:24 AM »
Well that's a shame. Appreciate the explanation.

So anytime I get unsolicited junk email, all I need to is raise a stink with my ISP? Not only do I get loads of them, often my attempts to unsubscribe are ignored.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2018, 02:51:20 PM »
To phrase it like MAX....POOO! :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2018, 09:00:25 PM »
That blacklist is a database many ISP's subscribe to.  Easy to get on that list and very difficult to get off of it.

We have that problem whenever one of our users bites on a phishing email.  There is more than one list, and it takes days to get off of all the lists.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com