Author Topic: Noob  (Read 10638 times)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: Noob
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2018, 11:07:20 AM »
practice makes perfect

It's like any other skill in this world. The more you do it the better you will become. spend some time offline, training arena and in the MA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2018, 11:42:10 AM »
But make no mistake - - this is hard. The learning curve is steep. It will take quite some time to reach the outskirts of being able to defend yourself let alone racking up kills. Don't be put off by that. Don't be afraid to be killed. Learn from your deaths. That's the process here. No one - - no matter what some may say - - no one arrives here a stone killer.

If you're getting frustrated--and you will - - ask what you're doing wrong. Chances are you'll get some good advice. We all want more players. And we all want better players.

Oh and tune out the knuckleheads. Every game has them!

<S>

Sent from my Moto Z2 Force using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2018, 12:06:22 PM »
But make no mistake - - this is hard. The learning curve is steep. It will take quite some time to reach the outskirts of being able to defend yourself let alone racking up kills. Don't be put off by that. Don't be afraid to be killed. Learn from your deaths. That's the process here. No one - - no matter what some may say - - no one arrives here a stone killer.

If you're getting frustrated--and you will - - ask what you're doing wrong. Chances are you'll get some good advice. We all want more players. And we all want better players.

Oh and tune out the knuckleheads. Every game has them!

<S>

Sent from my Moto Z2 Force using Tapatalk

Well said
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2018, 07:07:11 AM »
Okay, I'm back to continue the discussion of the "bat turn" and will start with reference to the following 17+ year old thread and how long this AH community has been talking about it

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,3598.0.html

I describe it as a shallow nose low best instantaneous corner velocity turn / break turn / hard turn...

Tell me what you think... The reason for the nose low is to keep the instantaneous turn constant without bleeding Energy, with also being 1.5k or further out and hiding your energy state and have lateral separation

Hope this helps

TC

PitchBack = nose above horizon oblique diagonally vertical turn
SliceBack = nose below horizon oblique diagonally vertical turn

Hope I've explained that good enough

Edit: and my apologies to the OP for mixing up reversing with reversals, but I did question which one you might be wanting to know about in my first post in this thread
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:15:59 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2018, 07:21:45 AM »
If you want to search for Badboy's write-up on my film of the Barrel Roll Defense manuever and what the 109 pilot was doing wrong by flying "gunsight bfm", is how Badboy described it as....this falls in line with what people don't see when trying to chase a plane down and don't pick up on the manuevering the plane they are after is doing...fixation is a bad SA habit....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2018, 09:09:03 AM »
Question in the old thread was about a no radius turn.  Besides the hammerhead/stall turn and tailslide, what other no radius turns are there?

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2018, 11:17:42 AM »
Toad brought up or mentioned the "180 bat turn" on the 2nd page (2nd page for how I have my board settings set)

That is just 1 of 2 or 3 other threads from that far back when people started using the term... I just used this thread link as a reference point as for how long the people here have been using the term

and with all honesty you can search these boards and will only find this thread only with me even ever posting/typing that term nor have I ever used that term ever with the 1,000's of players that I had a hand in training! (including AirWarrior and then Aces High)(I could possibly be mistaken though, I do have severe memory loss going on)

I don't remember who was the first one to post it to these boards, but I am only relaying how they described the actual manuever...

I never saw the term in the Navy's manual or Shaw's book best I can remember...

TC
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:26:07 AM by TequilaChaser »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2018, 01:07:22 PM »
That's right. Toad used 180 Bat turn to refer to a question about a no radius turn. This supports my earlier posts in this thread.