Author Topic: GV Gods Attend!  (Read 3444 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: GV Gods Attend!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 11:26:57 PM »
Im bringing this back up, Im calling BS. Unless your with the "in crowd" NOBODY is going to give out the "HOWS" of GVin in Aces High. Im not saying anyone is "cheating" but its damn close with the tricks some players are using.

A single shot from a GV that can NOT be seen in the film, I call BS. If it isnt, tell me how its done. If I cant see them HOW is it possible for them to see me?

As the air fights seem to be drying up, Id be happy to GV, but not if Im going to be at such a HUGE disadvantage. Why would any new guy stay to play in GVs? Again, just another bunch of guys chasing away the new guys.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 04:33:54 PM »
Im bringing this back up, Im calling BS. Unless your with the "in crowd" NOBODY is going to give out the "HOWS" of GVin in Aces High. Im not saying anyone is "cheating" but its damn close with the tricks some players are using.

A lot of the the frustration players have, me included, is that you get whacked by an unseen tank, then when you look at film, there's no way on God's green earth was your tank visible from the enemy's.  And that's looking right down the barrel of their main gun (which you can do in the film viewer).  I have film of this.  Particularly on the map with the tank island in the center.  But, I will say this, if I drive to that spot and hold onto it, I kill tanks like it's going out of style.  And I can see all the tanks clearly.  Crystal clear.  I don't think it's a player cheat.  I think it's a weird affect with some of Speedtree's tree models.

I'll see if I can get some screen grabs to show you my experience. 

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 08:45:03 PM »
Nobody is going to like what I am about to write.

Photo 1: Here I am 16 seconds into a sortie, and getting shot at from a T34 at a range of 1.4k, as fast as it can reload and fire.  Look carefully in the yellow circle with the blue arrow, and see the round that's about to pass through my turret.  Also note the path of the round.  Here it is without any analysis:

Photo 2: Here is the round's path with some analysis.  Look at all the stuff he had to shoot through to get that round squarely through my turret.

Photo 3: Here's the path of the round from his position, a split second after he fires.

Photo 4: Here's the view down is barrel as he fires.

Photo 5: Here's the view down his barrel right before he fires.  I drew the blue circle just to give you a reference.

Photo 6: Zooming way in, look what you see in the rim of the barrel metal.  My tank!

Now, this is film viewer.  But it is astonishing that my tank shows up in plain view in the metal rim of his barrel.  That tells me that the information on the position and orientation of my tank is available. 

Is there an exploit out there that lets a tank shoot through four sets of trees and a building, and through my turret?  There has to be.  Why would this player fire a bunch of rounds through trees and buildings, without the benefit of seeing my tank through his gun sight (or commander's position), unless he could see me all along through all those trees and buildings, by using an exploit.

This player - who I will not name because he is a long, long, looong time player - appears to have an exploit.  And that is cheesy and needs to be corrected.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »
Photo 5 is the one that drives me nuts. How is it possible to see what your shooting at? I dont know what the trick is. I agree that there has to be something and it usually IS one of these guys that have been here a long long time. They have found something and keep it to themselves for the advantage it gives them.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 06:36:11 AM »
I agree that there has to be something and it usually IS one of these guys that have been here a long long time. They have found something and keep it to themselves for the advantage it gives them.

I'd dare say this applies to air combat as well. Either way, it gets pretty frustrating. :furious

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 01:55:53 AM »
I hope this data was shared with Hitech.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 09:08:09 AM »
Any accusation of cheating is NOT to be posted on the BBS and should be sent to HTC.

HiTech