Author Topic: Its time to perk the Yak3 and La7  (Read 13419 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Its time to perk the Yak3 and La7
« on: November 04, 2018, 03:23:26 PM »
The russians have taken over AH. Not Fun to constantly fight these planes. Its literally all anyone flys anymore. Getting very tired of it. Very cheap gameplay, constantly running away, cannot hit the tiny damn thing.. 1 20mm that blows you away if it hits you. Im tired of the 3 ping deaths on me while I freaking plug planes with 40 rounds of ammo, only for them to fly away with half a tail... getting real tired of it. there are too many of these in the game and its not healthy.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Its time to perk the Yak3 and La7
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 03:30:15 PM »
Its literally all anyone flys anymore.

No, it isn't.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 03:37:14 PM »
No, it isn't.
Got any evidence to back that up?   :rofl

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 03:49:35 PM »
Look at the stats, the Yak3 is the #2 fighter with a far better K/D than the P51. I substitute perking the 190D over the La7, but I think all 3 need to be perked, maybe along with the spit16. Too many 190Ds.. Look at that K/D. Constantly run and gang.. Less of these planes would bring much better fights.. I have 12,000 perks. Wont stop people from flying them, but it will slow down the usage. Cant have too many alligators and sharks and in the environment....
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 03:55:35 PM »
Got any evidence to back that up?   :rofl

Absolutely  :cool:

But maybe Dmon just doesn't know the meaning of the word 'literally'.  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 03:57:50 PM »

Absolutely  :cool:

But maybe Dmon just doesn't know the meaning of the word 'literally'.  :)

I was being sarcastic, but not really...  :D
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 04:02:48 PM »
Its literally all anyone flys anymore.

Meh.  It's just taken the place of the Spit 16.  There will always be lots of people who gravitate to the easier rides.

- oldman

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 04:09:40 PM »
I agree with violator. Most plane 20ENY or higher are usually hangar queens. I suggest perking a few more latewar planes so folks will fly the hangar queens to make perks. Also I think that 90% of players are missing the real fun by not fighting and just buzzing aroung in fast planes. Try and dogfight you will see how fun it is and the adrenaline rush with a good fight feels good.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 04:47:51 PM »
And I think maybe instead of a perk cost maybe just ban them out right!
Pies not kicks.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 04:55:06 PM »
The Yak-3 has a fairly high K/D, despite being so popular.  K/D alone can be misleading when only a few pilots fly a particular plane but not when it is routinely near the top of the kills list. 
The difference is that the P-51D, Spit XVI, 190D and F4U-1A all have considerably lower ENY values.  The Yak-3 should be under 10 ENY.  And the Ki-84 should be under 15.

This post has been edited by the author, who decided to be nice.  For once.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:47:19 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 06:37:45 PM »
The russians have taken over AH. Not Fun to constantly fight these planes. Its literally all anyone flys anymore. Getting very tired of it. Very cheap gameplay, constantly running away, cannot hit the tiny damn thing.. 1 20mm that blows you away if it hits you. Im tired of the 3 ping deaths on me while I freaking plug planes with 40 rounds of ammo, only for them to fly away with half a tail... getting real tired of it. there are too many of these in the game and its not healthy.

you forgot the Brewster
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2018, 06:42:38 PM »
I agree with violator. Most plane 20ENY or higher are usually hangar queens. I suggest perking a few more latewar planes so folks will fly the hangar queens to make perks. Also I think that 90% of players are missing the real fun by not fighting and just buzzing around in fast planes. Try and dogfight you will see how fun it is and the adrenaline rush with a good fight feels good.

:old: ban the corsair's :D
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2018, 08:48:42 PM »
:old: ban the corsair's :D

Here's some real comparison for you:
Last tour 225

The Yak3 had 3573 kills. - 263 players.
The F4U1A had 1758 kills. - 248 players.
The 190D had 2631. - 296 players.

They all had roughly the same K/D at 1.54.

These planes had a far bigger impact in the MA than any perked plane.

This means the Yak3 has considerably more killing potential than the F4U1A. Now look at the top killers in the f4U1A. Humboldt, Rud3boi and J0ker. Rud3boi even had a 9K/D with the second most kills. That's pretty good. Joker and Humboldt still scored well over the average. The top yak pilots are much less experienced. GP5, Orelle, BTdiver. They come a lot closer to the average K/D but have way more kills besides Orelle who has a 5 k/d with 426 kills. So do you see how it's much easier to be successful in the yak3 because of it's acceleration and climb ability? 1 20mm is still as deadly as 6 50 cals. These planes are incredibly good at base defense and chasing down anything/running away from anything... Which makes them a total pain in the bellybutton when there's 6 of them at a base.

The 190 is a little different but it's a easy to run plane that is generally found at high alts. Generally flown very timidly. Much better than the Use to Be perked TA152. Has 500 cannons and can chase down anything. It's a no fun to fight and another plane people are tired of seeing.

It's all in the #s. It's clear as day to see that these planes are causing an embalance and thus making the fights not as entertaining.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2018, 08:58:54 PM »
The Yak3 needs a much lower ENY value. Not sure if it needs perked, but it should be 5ENY. The Yak is deadly with people who have good aim. The plane itself is super easy to fly, but harder to get kills with unless you make your shots.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 05:03:14 AM »

Meh.  It's just taken the place of the Spit 16.  There will always be lots of people who gravitate to the easier rides.

- oldman

This
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)