Author Topic: Field Maps  (Read 1225 times)

Offline timeisnotlinear

• Zinc Member
Field Maps
« on: November 22, 2018, 08:49:12 PM »
Just starting to fly an attack plane. I thought there was a field map somewhere that laid out the targets on the airfield. Can someone point me to that?

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Field Maps
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 01:22:29 AM »
right click on the clipboard,look near the bottom of window for clipboard maps.

:salute

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 06:32:19 AM »
A player named 1ijac made some nice maps and posted them in Help & Training a year or two ago. Perhaps he'll come along and post a link. You can try the search function but I find it to be complete POO. Sorry Skuzzy, I do  :neener:

Just found this for you http://ah3.info/maps/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 06:34:54 AM by Max »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 07:37:52 AM »
Max, search works fine as long as you limit the time frame of the search, in the advanced search.   The bulletin board is too big to be searched since it started.  SMF will timeout before the search can be completed.

The default search is poo because of the size of the board and the short time limit SMF hard coded it to.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 07:20:06 AM »
I used advanced search & typed "AH3 field maps" in the seach box
By user: 1ijac
checked "Search in topic subject only"
Search parameters " 1-1000"
checked "Help & Training + General Forum"

search results  0

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 07:39:06 AM »
Max, there was too much information to be found. You apparently used the default "Match all words" parameter which made your search fail.  Just "maps" with the rest of your choices gave five answers, all of which were relevant.

Although mostly more is more and less is less, in this case less is more. The maps can be called "field" maps, "tactical" maps, "clipboard" maps and whatnot without being dedicated to AH3. Thus the time frame, one single word and the name of the author was all that was needed.

And yes, Google does it much better than SMF but they also have a much larger database and a much, much more powerful search engine to fumble through it.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 08:31:59 AM »

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 09:30:51 AM »
Why not post a resource like this as a download on the home page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline timeisnotlinear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 04:30:08 PM »
Thanks everyone. Plenty of maps to view. But I can't make heads or tails of them. Is there a legend somewhere so I know what I'm targeting? They're all kind of hard to read....

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 05:38:17 PM »
Thanks everyone. Plenty of maps to view. But I can't make heads or tails of them. Is there a legend somewhere so I know what I'm targeting? They're all kind of hard to read....

heres 1ijac's version of a small field....

As you can see down the right side there is a legend that labels everything without filling up the map. Best thing to do is to print out the maps and that way you can have the one your needing/using right in front of you.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 01:18:41 PM »
Go in to your Hitech Creations directory, open the maps folder and there they all are. I have them all printed out and in a binder for quick reference. I also copied the files and placed them in a new folder on my desktop to that I can add my own notes to them as needed.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 11:06:41 AM »
Sorry, I was away on vacation for 3 weeks.  If you are interested in the printable maps for your desktop or placing the maps on a separate display, PM me your E-mail address and I will send the maps and the display program to you.  Not long ago, I updated the Flak base map and made a new map of the building locations in the towns that you can use when shelling a town from a task group.  As stated before, you can right click on the clipboard map and select clipboard maps.  8thjinx did a great job on the clipboard maps. 

Cheers,    One-eye

"One-Eye"