Author Topic: Colmbo  (Read 8283 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Colmbo
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 09:41:36 PM »
not a big help in the cancer fight but at least ease the pain.

That sounds like a most excellent recommendation.

Sister-in-law was just diagnosed with prostate cancer.  2018 has just not been a good year.

- oldman

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2018, 11:09:27 PM »
I can't put into words those thoughts 'cept ....

Imagine from this side. ;) If I was thinking just of me I think I would have pulled the plug long ago - - life just not a lot of fun anymore.  But I haven't quite gotten tired of her yet.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2018, 11:15:02 PM »
You’re a good man, and she knows it.  A solid example for the rest of us.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 07:23:16 AM »
Colombo, wishing you the very best.  Have “known” you for a long time sharing the skies of WBs and more recently here - you are a class act.  Thanks for letting me wing with you and for getting to know you.  In my thoughts and prayers.

Cancer sucks.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 09:40:34 AM »
Columbo, have enjoyed many of your posts over the years.  Wishing you the best possible outcome sir!   :salute

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 01:56:59 PM »
Columbo - happy new year mate! Hoping for a good 2019 for you mate! (And honorary Gunfighter!) :salute
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 02:33:06 PM »
Wow.  Suckage.

I'm sorry for your problems.  Our flesh betrays all of us sooner or later.

Have you heard of Dr. Valter Longo and his work with Fast Mimicking Diet as a conjunction with chemo and radiation?  It's very interesting stuff.  Basically it involves a fasting period before chemo or radiation.  In the fasting state the body puts healthy cells into protective dormant state.  It is a double whammy for the cancer cells.  They are inefficient and the fasting greatly weakens them.  Also, they are unable to go into a protective state  so then the chemo/radiation round is doubly effective.  And a third benefit is that the healthy cells are much less damaged by the chemo/radiation because they were in protective mode, so negative side effects are much less and recovery from the course of treatment is much faster.  Might be worth discussing with your Oncologist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ame4E1rtE
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 02:44:53 PM »
Columbo - happy new year mate! Hoping for a good 2019 for you mate! (And honorary Gunfighter!) :salute

Same here.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 09:23:22 AM »
Yo Colombo!  You came to mind today.  Pray you are as comfortable and pain free as possible. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2019, 12:06:57 PM »
 :pray 🙏🏼

Online 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 12:06:05 AM »
Yo Colombo!  You came to mind today.  Pray you are as comfortable and pain free as possible. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏  :salute
Same with me! Woke up with him on my mind, after a long night of tossing and turning. Crap like he is dealing with shouldnt happen to folk in MY family :furious  He has demonstrated a GREAT EXAMPLE to live by though...and here I thought I was tough. Love ya Brother! You have no idea the impact you made in my thinking/dealing with bad situations.  :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 12:14:50 AM »
We keep both him and his wife in our prayers.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 09:53:49 PM »
Does anyone have his contact info? Just want to make sure he's ok.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2019, 10:34:33 PM »
Prayer chain...!  :salute

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 06:52:51 AM »
King James Version Psalms chapter 139 verses 23 24
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC