Author Topic: 200 / Cross Country Chat  (Read 17351 times)

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
200 / Cross Country Chat
« on: December 12, 2018, 07:51:18 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:18:05 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
Re: 200 / Cross Country Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 10:24:37 PM »
so you enjoy the Toxic atmosphere-players cussing other players-calling each other names when they got killed, players accusing each other a cheat or a shade, wasn't like this in AH2, what do you think or feel when new players manage to find the 200 channel?

I yes me made a wish on the wish list for something to be done about the problem, wether this is it or not, I like it.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 10:40:10 PM »
Just kill the cross-country PM's....There is a lot of players that their mouth overloads their monitor...totally toxic.  :salute

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 10:47:30 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:19:01 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 10:49:59 PM »
So sad - for as much crap that there is on 200 chat there is also some good conversation but you guys decide to disable that. You just killed what was again good feature in the game. you can let people decide to tune or de-tune it as they like. You didn't have to disable it

It won't be long until the game is chipped away to the point there is not much left to like that make people want to stay...

Yup.
200, despite the occasional toxic comments on it, is something that brings the community of players closer together, irrespective of team.
HiTech and crew should check the chat archives from 04:00 to 06:00 PST this morning if they doubt that. 
Don't know if it's cause and effect, a function of the current map (which I dislike), a combination of those, or none of the above, but there were less than 90 players on when I logged off; this time of night the usual number is ~140.
One can easily disable channel 200 if one wishes to, and many do. How is that not sufficient?

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 11:00:58 PM »
Yeah this better be temporary. Complaining about chan 200 is like complaining that it's too dark in your house when the lights are turned off. Like those people who try to get tv shows taken off the air because they don't like to hear bad words on HBO.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 11:05:43 PM »
LOL - ok Snowflake.

Like I said - every player has the option to tune or detune it. It's not an issue unless you want it to be / leave it tuned. A new player can just as easily not tune it.

I'll take it for now as there was no consistency across the mods so at least that is no longer a factor...but it is sad because the few people on other countries I did enjoy talking with about a variety of things is now gone.

see there's name calling right there-you can't just make a post without calling a name

I asked for it for new players
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 11:06:51 PM »
Just kill the cross-country PM's....There is a lot of players that their mouth overloads their monitor...totally toxic.  :salute
Yes. Actually kill all PM's What's the point, aren't there already like over 100 radio channels? And if you got something you don't want public then it's probably something you shouldn't be saying in the first place.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 11:07:39 PM »
Yup.
200, despite the occasional toxic comments on it, is something that brings the community of players closer together, irrespective of team.
HiTech and crew should check the chat archives from 04:00 to 06:00 PST this morning if they doubt that. 
Don't know if it's cause and effect, a function of the current map (which I dislike), a combination of those, or none of the above, but there were less than 90 players on when I logged off; this time of night the usual number is ~140.
One can easily disable channel 200 if one wishes to, and many do. How is that not sufficient?

I like 200 channel but the toxic players theres no need for people to each other POS

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 11:34:19 PM »
look all I did was wish for something to be done about the name calling and putting other players down, I never wish for 200 to be shut down-just to see if some words or abbreviations could be put on the restricted words list.
please read my post on the wish list.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:36:41 PM by lunaticfringe »

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 12:37:41 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:36:42 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 01:04:12 AM »

Yeah cross country rage pms were not necessary but 200 was entertaining.   

Dougie

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 01:34:26 AM »
Oh...wait...I'm Sorry. I didn't know I could hurt your feelings so easily.

New Players don't have channel 200 tuned by default. Most new players find out through discussions of fellow countrymen - who if in good conscience can let them know it's open fodder of all topics / discussion so they may / may not want to leave 200 tuned. Maybe some education there might be a good starting point. Again, people could still decide if they want it or not. now we have nothing. Any friendly cross rivalry discussions have been taken away...the fun ribbing of some...and yes the toxicity with all of it. I'm not sure that is a win win - you've lost more than you've gained...

Kinda like the "improvements" to radar...

Just so you and everyone else who might read this thread are in the know....

Channel 200 as well as all Country and Range/Room channels are Not open to all topics and discussions...

The same rules on the AH message boards basically apply to the online Malee Arena, Special Events Arenas and Training Arena...

Hope this helps

TC
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:36:41 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 01:46:33 AM »
What? Have they disabled 200?

I agree sometimes there's talk that in my opinion fits to the categories of flamebaiting, politics, religion and other prohibited topics. Then again, as some already have said, it's also a forum to greet every player, friends and rivals equally. As such it's a community strengthening thing. Closing it is like closing all the roads to prevent car accidents.

As for killing cross country PM's for their toxicity, I strongly disagree. I've sent quite a lot of friendly ones which have led into sometimes longish discussions starting from analysing the last fight to the current personal situation. By their nature they would have been safe to be typed on a public channel but some of the chat has been very personal. Not something that shouldn't be said, on the contrary, but things that are between friends only. And yes, there's people in the game I call friends even though the only way I keep contact with them is the in-game PM.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 01:47:06 AM »
Stupid stupid stupid idea, there are 6 players in Melee now. shut the doors HT if disabling x county is the best you can do. Lunatic you do not speak for everyone. I you are worried about new players tell them how to disable it. I guess if the object is to kill the game and lose more players this is it.
Tour 70 2005 to present