Author Topic: Attracting more players in the main arena or what ever it's called today.  (Read 30845 times)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
Re: Attracting more players in the main arena or what ever it's called today.
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2019, 01:09:34 PM »
The increase in numbers from free accounts is not reflected in the main arean.   Which is losing subscription players because of the lack of numbers.  With the free accounts allowed in the main arena we might retain more subscription and perhaps convert some of the free accounts to subscription so they could join a squad or fly better equipment.

if you look at roster you will see new players, and you will see some returning players, Teerex is back-twoshay is back, Medic341,homeboy, a few others. there are more players returning or trying the game out then there are leaving.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2019, 01:18:42 PM »
So much software is free download.... but to keep using it will cost you money.

And even more software is free download and free to use....but you have to pay to get betters stuff and more features.

Like Warbirds.  Like WWIIOnline.   
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2019, 01:29:21 PM »

« Reply #161 on: Today at 01:02:17 PM »

Quote from: Shuffler on Today at 12:25:38 PM

We have folks flying what they want hollering about being hammered by uber planes......

New folks in limited planes are not going to be a happy few.

Please understand.... I would love to have more folks join. I am just not seeing anything different to change what has been going on.

I totally disagree. If they don't choose to pay, they already know they will be flying in an inferier plane. Infact the inferior plane will make them better at the game. I don't go into Battlefield 4 expecting to have the same guns as the vets who have been playing hardcore for years. I don't see people complaining that it's not fair. It actually keeps players around because they like unlocking new guns and equipment.

I totally disagree with you're disagreement, flying inferior planes as you call it will not make them better-the step down platform works better here start with the uber planes, learn how to fly them then step down to the lower class planes. as a former player and friend of mine said a faster plane will always beat a slower plane, in the right world maybe, I don't agree with his assessment, factors play here, type of planes player skill-1v1 or 4v1 etc. but when in a older class plane it is possible to kill uber class planes, depends on the skill of the player.. but it all really don't matter, as soon as a vet identifies a new player in a plane or gv the newbie doesn't stand a chance. I saw it yesterday a newbie killed 3 or 4 times by the same player-logged off, the vet should have pm'd him or talked direct vox to offer ideas, but he didn't.

and I thought the trial period players got to fly anything they wanted except the perked planes. if not then that should change.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2019, 01:47:33 PM »
You want the whole list?

It is typical for online games to offer new content.  You may like flying only one bomber, but most people prefer a selection.  And in that regard, more is better.
the game we all love and play, is pretty much a reality based game as planes and gv's have real life real war history-all with real war records. I see a lot of players flying planes with the default skins, they don't care about squad skins and such, our inventory of planes and tanks are the most popular and most used in WWII.

if you want more and different planes fly warthunder  they have planes and tanks I've never evan heard of, and dam sure weren't used in WWII, I think they were plans in the starting stages of building but the war ended. example ever hear of a P43-A1 looks like a precursor to the P-47, 1940-1941 only 272 built. but warthunder has it.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2019, 01:59:53 PM »
The problem with low numbers is that HTC will not continue to support a project that isn't profitable and 10 people in the DA just won't cut it.

what is a DA-DUALING ARENA-is used for DUALING-to settle who is better than you-to get 1v1  2v2 etc to settle disputes. it's not meant to be a Melee arena, it's not meant to be full all the time, that's what Melee arena is for. people don't want to get pounded by uber pilots in the DA they get enough of that in the MElee. the main reason I don't fly KOTH is because most of the time its filled with UBER pilots, people who fly better than I do. after 10yrs playing the only maneuver I know is ? I can't even think of what its called, where you dive down turn over to go back the other way, whatever. you sure have a lot of complaints for one who don't play much.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2019, 02:04:10 PM »
Wouldn't cut what?  They already allow free accounts, they just don't grant them access to the MA so the subscribers don't benefit from any of the increased numbers.
the 2 week free trial is a temporary free account and I believe they can fly what they want except the perked planes.

and it is in the MA/MELEE arena

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2019, 02:28:33 PM »
the 2 week free trial is a temporary free account and I believe they can fly what they want except the perked planes.

and it is in the MA/MELEE arena

And after that 2 weeks, they only get access to the deserted non-pay arenas.  Pretty sure they can fly perk planes if they earn enough perks, though it's been a looooooooooong time since my trial.

What this thread's proposing (really should be on wishlist) is to let them in to be able to fly a limited planeset in the Melee indefinitely.  I really don't think it's a terrible idea, Violator had a good point about 2 weeks being a good amount of time if you can play every day, not so much if your time is limited to a couple days a week which is a lot of people.  If a person can only play weekends, is something like 4 1 hour play sessions enough time to set the hook to get them to subscribe?  These days, I'm not convinced it is.

A lot of us are outliers.  I was looking for a good stick and rudder flight sim, and here I am after a while in WBs.  Unless this game had actively ticked me off, it was unlikely I wasn't going to subscribe.  That is an extremely rare attitude these days in gaming.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2019, 04:26:23 PM »
the game we all love and play, is pretty much a reality based game as planes and gv's have real life real war history-all with real war records. I see a lot of players flying planes with the default skins, they don't care about squad skins and such, our inventory of planes and tanks are the most popular and most used in WWII.

if you want more and different planes fly warthunder  they have planes and tanks I've never evan heard of, and dam sure weren't used in WWII, I think they were plans in the starting stages of building but the war ended. example ever hear of a P43-A1 looks like a precursor to the P-47, 1940-1941 only 272 built. but warthunder has it.

The bolded line is the one you should pay attention to, because more people ARE playing warthunder!

The point here is what has worked before ....$15 subscription... doesnt work any more. A vast majority of games these days has a "Free to Play" but limits what players can use and gets their money from selling other equipment, skins and so on.

Todays players come in, download the game, start it up and after 20 minutes have decided that they havent got a chance to learn this game in under the 2 weeks they have free in the MA and so they will never know if they could have fun trying to compete. So instead of wasting the time they uninstall and move on.

Giving them full access with a few "free" planes and vehicles takes that stress of learning the game in less than 2 weeks away. It gives them unlimited time to really check out the game, meet other players, make friends, get HELP! and finally get hooked into the game.

Times have changed in the gaming industry, its time HTC changes as well.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2019, 10:01:07 PM »
The bolded line is the one you should pay attention to, because more people ARE playing warthunder!

The point here is what has worked before ....$15 subscription... doesnt work any more. A vast majority of games these days has a "Free to Play" but limits what players can use and gets their money from selling other equipment, skins and so on.

Todays players come in, download the game, start it up and after 20 minutes have decided that they havent got a chance to learn this game in under the 2 weeks they have free in the MA and so they will never know if they could have fun trying to compete. So instead of wasting the time they uninstall and move on.

Giving them full access with a few "free" planes and vehicles takes that stress of learning the game in less than 2 weeks away. It gives them unlimited time to really check out the game, meet other players, make friends, get HELP! and finally get hooked into the game.

Times have changed in the gaming industry, its time HTC changes as well.

They are not supposed to learn the game in 2 weeks. Just see if it interest them and go with it. If they learned it in 2 weeks it would be one dull game.

Everything changes. Some for the better , some for the worse. Some of those games are playing off the same mental issues that gambling does. Things may change drastically if they come under any kind of government scrutiny in the future.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:05:19 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2019, 12:50:46 AM »

« Reply #161 on: Today at 01:02:17 PM »

Quote from: Shuffler on Today at 12:25:38 PM

We have folks flying what they want hollering about being hammered by uber planes......

New folks in limited planes are not going to be a happy few.

Please understand.... I would love to have more folks join. I am just not seeing anything different to change what has been going on.

I totally disagree. If they don't choose to pay, they already know they will be flying in an inferier plane. Infact the inferior plane will make them better at the game. I don't go into Battlefield 4 expecting to have the same guns as the vets who have been playing hardcore for years. I don't see people complaining that it's not fair. It actually keeps players around because they like unlocking new guns and equipment.

I totally disagree with you're disagreement, flying inferior planes as you call it will not make them better-the step down platform works better here start with the uber planes, learn how to fly them then step down to the lower class planes. as a former player and friend of mine said a faster plane will always beat a slower plane, in the right world maybe, I don't agree with his assessment, factors play here, type of planes player skill-1v1 or 4v1 etc. but when in a older class plane it is possible to kill uber class planes, depends on the skill of the player.. but it all really don't matter, as soon as a vet identifies a new player in a plane or gv the newbie doesn't stand a chance. I saw it yesterday a newbie killed 3 or 4 times by the same player-logged off, the vet should have pm'd him or talked direct vox to offer ideas, but he didn't.

and I thought the trial period players got to fly anything they wanted except the perked planes. if not then that should change.

Lunatic, I died relentlessly over and over again when I first started AH. like most people do in most games. Infact im a total noob in BF4... still. You are forgetting that having a plane like the 109f for free would only be there to allow them to experience the game longer, thus bringing in more #s overall. Them flying that inferior plane would actually encourage them to buy the subscription. Eventually they will sub and be subs for a long time. Dying over and over again is part of gaming. You either learn how to be better or you quit. That simple.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:52:41 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2019, 12:35:02 PM »

Lunatic, I died relentlessly over and over again when I first started AH. like most people do in most games. Infact im a total noob in BF4... still. You are forgetting that having a plane like the 109f for free would only be there to allow them to experience the game longer, thus bringing in more #s overall. Them flying that inferior plane would actually encourage them to buy the subscription. Eventually they will sub and be subs for a long time. Dying over and over again is part of gaming. You either learn how to be better or you quit. That simple.

Yup.. big differnce between being slaughtered for free or for 14.95.  They will get into situations where they say, "damn, i had a chance in a p51 there, or, that p38 really tore me up, id like to see what thats all about", and thats when the realise they will pay 14.95 for a game they are now hooked on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2019, 12:40:59 PM »
... or they can say... oh well... it's free... LOL  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2019, 09:24:41 PM »
I really wish Hitech would post his thoughts on this. To me it seems like any easy test to put up to see if it generates more interest in players which transition over to subscribers.

What do you say Hitech?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2019, 09:42:40 PM »
I really wish Hitech would post his thoughts on this. To me it seems like any easy test to put up to see if it generates more interest in players which transition over to subscribers.

What do you say Hitech?

Seems like WOP is the test.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2019, 09:45:17 PM »
You guys ever see the grief players get in the WT forums for wanting more realistic cockpit only air combat like our game? It's the reverse of here where we roast people for wanting aimbots, F3, and easy mode flying. Over there they say if WT forces real cockpit centrist flying they will all quit becasue they love using their mouse and seeing 360 at all times so no one can sneak up on them. They also won't give up how the exterior pilot mode helps them perform lead shooting at all angles including really low under the nose. Some say if they wanted realism they would play IL2.

This might be some of the real reason many leave inside of their first 20 minutes in our game these days. Wonder if we have any way to attract those poor guys getting lynched at WT for being heretics?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.