Author Topic: MA Radar Setting Request  (Read 4826 times)

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Re: MA Radar Setting Request
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 12:47:21 PM »
... there are downsides like c47 once again loosing popularity due to ...

Can popularity become negative? I don't think there's any of it left to lose.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 01:07:59 PM »
People just need to take the time to learn how to fly it. The gun package is really weak so it takes skillful flying to get kills.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 02:01:16 PM »
The other thing I notice is lets say a CAPed field. 

Realistically, there is almost zero chance getting off the ground when your icon appears on the runway the moment you spawn on the runway.  The circling aircraft are closely monitoring the radar.  See icon, dive in and vulch.

I am all for a good vulching.  But giving a CAP an advantage of knowing how many planes are trying to roll at any given time by watching radar instead of the field I think is yielding negative results.

I am seeing more deaths on runways than before. 

I know there are advantages of it, however, I just think it is silly for a radar to show an icon when you haven't left the ground. 

I think the unintended consequence is less attempts flying a C47 into a hot field and more vulching of runways (higher kill percentage). 

I am an average stick at best and I can't resist a cheap kill on a runway if I see an opportunity.  But lately, I won't up and rarely attempt C47s unless I know I have at least some chance of making it in.  Otherwise, all I am doing is giving someone a scalp. 

Few of us know how to fly a goon under the treetops.  But what is the fun if all you have to do is get within the 6k range, they see you and swoop in?  I'm trying to not sound like a negative nancy here so I'll leave it here. 

Just my wish!

:cheesy:       
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 03:34:17 PM »
The other thing I notice is lets say a CAPed field. 

Realistically, there is almost zero chance getting off the ground when your icon appears on the runway the moment you spawn on the runway.  The circling aircraft are closely monitoring the radar.  See icon, dive in and vulch.

I am all for a good vulching.  But giving a CAP an advantage of knowing how many planes are trying to roll at any given time by watching radar instead of the field I think is yielding negative results.

I am seeing more deaths on runways than before. 

I know there are advantages of it, however, I just think it is silly for a radar to show an icon when you haven't left the ground. 

I think the unintended consequence is less attempts flying a C47 into a hot field and more vulching of runways (higher kill percentage). 

I am an average stick at best and I can't resist a cheap kill on a runway if I see an opportunity.  But lately, I won't up and rarely attempt C47s unless I know I have at least some chance of making it in.  Otherwise, all I am doing is giving someone a scalp. 

Few of us know how to fly a goon under the treetops.  But what is the fun if all you have to do is get within the 6k range, they see you and swoop in?  I'm trying to not sound like a negative nancy here so I'll leave it here. 

Just my wish!

:cheesy:     

If the aircraft are circling.... they can see you without dar.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 08:54:58 PM »
If the aircraft are circling.... they can see you without dar.

Not my goon...   We use leaves and branches to hide...     :devil
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2019, 12:25:21 PM »

You evil cad you.

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2019, 02:34:49 PM »

That explains the flying bush I saw he other day.  :banana:
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2019, 08:58:58 AM »
Second the above, it is so easy to find the goon hiding in the trees now.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2019, 11:55:37 AM »

I used to love landing a storch on the hills of a town (damaged, of course) and then bail from it to stand on the highest hill.   

So many times, I have seen or heard a c47 land and hide near a town and walked down the hill with a pistol to shoot them up.   

I really miss that.

Offline JoyFul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2019, 08:47:19 AM »
Proximity dar may well be damping the interest for NOE missions since it does not appear to have a bottom like regular radar minimums. Maybe add a bottom to it and set that to 250ft AGL while leaving regular radar at 65ft AGL. That would give c47, lone 1v1 in the bushes, and NOE attacks some wiggle room.

Agreed

JagPaw

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2019, 10:26:38 AM »
I used to love landing a storch on the hills of a town (damaged, of course) and then bail from it to stand on the highest hill.   

So many times, I have seen or heard a c47 land and hide near a town and walked down the hill with a pistol to shoot them up.   

I really miss that.

What has changed?

HiTech

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 02:08:40 AM »
What has changed?

The C47s that land and hide no longer exist. Because they are no longer hidden when landed, proxy-dar reveals them.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 03:06:38 AM »
The C47s that land and hide no longer exist. Because they are no longer hidden when landed, proxy-dar reveals them.

Don't bailed pilots on the ground show up on proxy dar too? Or was that just a glitch on a few maps I had seen when I played in January?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2019, 01:02:01 PM »
Don't bailed pilots on the ground show up on proxy dar too? Or was that just a glitch on a few maps I had seen when I played in January?

That was the case during all-seeing-dar test IIRC, not with the current settings. Bailed pilots defending the map-room is still an option.

Maybe what you saw is landed Storchs. Its much more convenient to land and to F5 than to try to find GVs form the air. Even with that method its sometimes close to impossible.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2019, 02:22:50 AM »
But, how will we find cybro sitting in a zeke deep in the trees blinking the base for hours on end?   :)

One-eye
"One-Eye"