Author Topic: MA Radar Setting Request  (Read 4980 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
MA Radar Setting Request
« on: January 26, 2019, 05:37:02 PM »
Currently, if you have a goon and are trying to sneak it in to a field, lets say you park it.

If an enemy plane flies within 6K of said goon (parked on the ground with engines off), the icon shows up on the map for all enemy to see. 

Instead of fighters fighting, they break from the fight and go kill the goon.  Fly right to it.

My wish is that if you are a plane and parked on the deck, you don't show up on radar. 

:airplane:
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Re: MA Radar Setting Request
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 09:54:58 AM »
Parked? It doesn't need additional rules, just apply the existing ones:

If it wouldn't show on radar-based dot-dar within its area, don't show it on proxy-based dot-dar.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 10:24:21 AM »
Parked? It doesn't need additional rules, just apply the existing ones:

If it wouldn't show on radar-based dot-dar within its area, don't show it on proxy-based dot-dar.

I was going to suggest something like this. I like the range based radar, but if someone is not moving/wheels on the ground they should not show.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 10:40:23 AM »
On a related note, did a real C-47 ever land troops in enemy territory?   Troops should not deploy from the ground.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 04:42:54 PM »
Currently, if you have a goon and are trying to sneak it in to a field, lets say you park it.

If an enemy plane flies within 6K of said goon (parked on the ground with engines off), the icon shows up on the map for all enemy to see. 

Instead of fighters fighting, they break from the fight and go kill the goon.  Fly right to it.

My wish is that if you are a plane and parked on the deck, you don't show up on radar. 

:airplane:
actually it's 3k--6k to see you on Radar-3k if said radar is down and an enemy see's you in the air or on the ground
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 04:01:16 AM »
On a related note, did a real C-47 ever land troops in enemy territory?   Troops should not deploy from the ground.

No, but we don't have the planes that did do this, so . . .
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 05:49:12 AM »
If a plane could land, and the troops walk off, without a risky parachute drop,
which always resulted in a certain % injured or dead, then they would DO THAT..
Ya don't waste elite infantry, when ya don't have to!

A parachute drop, despite how cool it is, was NOT the preferred method of deployment!
Besides, not carrying parachutes, allowed the plane to carry more troops or useful equipment..
in the CBI, troops were often transported by air, and landed the conventional way..

In the battle for Moskow, the Red Army reinforced Tula, by conventionally landing troops,
and their tiny airborne tanks, right in the faces of the German troops.. Second wave took a
beating, but they were successful in pushing the Germans back, delaying their advance..

+1 if a plane is on the ground, it shouldn't show on dar, like it's in the air!
seems like simple common sense to me!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 06:15:54 AM by OldNitro »

Offline Driver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 11:07:51 AM »
good request makes sense!  :aok

Driver
The old shall overcome youth, ability and talent by decit, treachery and wickedness

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 06:09:10 AM »
Show up as gv dar instead?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 07:25:30 AM »
Show up as gv dar instead?

:aok  That makes sense.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 10:23:47 AM »
+1

Don't show C-47s on the ground...or storches
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 10:36:02 AM »
+1

Don't show C-47s on the ground...or storches

Actually, no plane should show up on dar if they are on the ground.  Maybe have them show up on GV dar, as atlau mentioned.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 10:57:04 AM »
Nothing below 65 feet (as currently set) shows up on radar.  Landed aircraft show up as "proximity icons" when an enemy is within range (currently 6000 yards).  The problem is that the "proximity icon" shows up even though the pilot can't see the landed plane (or isn't looking for it).  Maybe a solution is to disable the proximity icon, or reduce its range for landed aircraft.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2019, 11:31:23 AM »
Nothing below 65 feet (as currently set) shows up on radar.  Landed aircraft show up as "proximity icons" when an enemy is within range (currently 6000 yards).  The problem is that the "proximity icon" shows up even though the pilot can't see the landed plane (or isn't looking for it).  Maybe a solution is to disable the proximity icon, or reduce its range for landed aircraft.

Thx Exactly! :aok   "Proximity Icon" is the term that escaped me.. (I will remember it)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 01:16:11 PM by OldNitro »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 06:38:55 PM »
I thought proximity had a bottom the same as the NOE 65ft minimum. The one task in this game that takes the most guts is sneaking a c47 into a hot field to kick out troops. Even the M3 is not "pinpointed" by the GVDAR and has a slightly better chance of getting through. I know c47 are processed the same as bombers when it comes to being shown by proximity. Wonder if the proximity dar needs a bottom like 65ft since I watch c47's get slaughtered more so now than even in AH1 and 2 before M3 town captures became so convenient?

Might even make it less of a slaughter for the usual scenario, everyone can see the lone red guy on proximity going around with one green guy in the bushes which ends up with 12 green guys on one red guy. Proximity higher up works to keep our lower numbers at each other but, there are downsides like c47 once again loosing popularity due to the high risk of being located and lone red guys getting jumped by outrageous numbers of green guys while trying to 1v1 on the deck away from the local field.

Proximity dar may well be damping the interest for NOE missions since it does not appear to have a bottom like regular radar minimums. Maybe add a bottom to it and set that to 250ft AGL while leaving regular radar at 65ft AGL. That would give c47, lone 1v1 in the bushes, and NOE attacks some wiggle room.

If there are settings in the arena setup for proximity dar I'm not recognizing the variables.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.