Author Topic: Saying Goodbye  (Read 8623 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Saying Goodbye
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019, 10:45:34 AM »
Dace said " The player number base has fallen such that when I log in (especially during my prime time, 8am-12pm EST.), it's pretty much the same group of about 50-60 players" which is the meaty part of US prime time.

What? 8AM to 12PM EST is not US prime time.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2019, 11:00:30 AM »
You are like a fish, happy in the middle of a shrinking pool of water in the desert, unable to see the edges encroaching and deaf to those already beached on the sands in the European, Japanese and Australasian timezones. The pool will not shrink in a linear way. The party's over and the end is nigh. And now over to Heidi, for the weather...

Girl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 11:00:49 AM »
What? 8AM to 12PM EST is not US prime time.

sorry, my bad. I read that wrong. Missed the AM

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 11:21:18 AM »
Sorry to see ya leave Dace. :salute  I can understand how it gets old sometimes, especially for the older fellas and how long it takes to get into the action and dealing with running Yak3s, 190Ds, and dingbats.

Dace said " The player number base has fallen such that when I log in (especially during my prime time, 8am-12pm EST.), it's pretty much the same group of about 50-60 players" which is the meaty part of US prime time. 9PM eastern time we had 140 on a Saturday night during winter which is when most people are stuck inside. Thats what 45 players per side or so? In most cases it 90 vs 45 or 45 vs 45 with the other 45 with nobody to fight.

Im determined to have fun, its the ONLY reason I log in when I do. When trying to watch my films back (big issues with the film viewer this week) Sunday morning I noticed you and a bunch of other knights having fun hording it over a base, which on the other side of things makes it even MORE fun for those being horded <--- sarcasm btw

You can call it great and fun all you want but there just seems to be a cancer eating away at the game play.

The game use to be about fighting, fighting air to air, fighting for a base, fighting CV to CV/shore base. Now its either chase runners in "air to air" , get picked by the score potatos when/if you do catch a runner. Sneak bases, and give up to move some place else if the least amount of defense shows up, or dive bombing lancs to hit a CV kamikaze style over and over until its sunk.

Very few make missions, few join missions. The battle has gone from the game which to me made the game so deep. Defend a base? bah! run supplies in, much easier and needs little skill or planning.

Heaven forbid you shoot down one of the "top fighter" guys  :rolleyes: <--- I giggle as I type that ! you'll be harassed and hunted the rest of the night.

It use to be fun hunting with your squadies ( less than half of the 56th is left, they have left for other games), It use to be fun trash talking with your friends on the other side (hard to do these days as more and more detune 200 to avoid the toxic BS), It use to be fun fighting in epic battles for base (most sneak or horde bases now)

I keep trying, but it gets harder and harder to find the fun.

#s are increasing in the MA during primetime. There were 184 last night which is the highest I've seen. Some big fights out there, but they were challenging.

Imo, the cancer is late war monster planes that cause timid gameplay and puts more people in late war planes to counter. They make it too easy to escape so they never learn real acm or how to actually fight. Perking more of these late war planes that saturate the main arena with kill counts would go a long way to making the game play more fun again.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 11:28:28 AM »
You can call it great and fun all you want but there just seems to be a cancer eating away at the game play.

The game use to be about fighting, fighting air to air, fighting for a base, fighting CV to CV/shore base. Now its either chase runners in "air to air" , get picked by the score potatos when/if you do catch a runner. Sneak bases, and give up to move some place else if the least amount of defense shows up, or dive bombing lancs to hit a CV kamikaze style over and over until its sunk.

Very few make missions, few join missions. The battle has gone from the game which to me made the game so deep. Defend a base? bah! run supplies in, much easier and needs little skill or planning.

Heaven forbid you shoot down one of the "top fighter" guys  :rolleyes: <--- I giggle as I type that ! you'll be harassed and hunted the rest of the night.

It use to be fun hunting with your squadies ( less than half of the 56th is left, they have left for other games), It use to be fun trash talking with your friends on the other side (hard to do these days as more and more detune 200 to avoid the toxic BS), It use to be fun fighting in epic battles for base (most sneak or horde bases now)

I get that.  The game is not like it used to be.  You, Dace, Nrshida and many others hearken back to the old days, and the contrast disappoints.  What I don't get is:  What's the point of moaning about it?  Nagging people that they should act differently rarely works (ask your wife if you don't believe me).  Meanwhile, the constant background proclamations that the end is nigh make life notably less pleasant for people who are enjoying the present state of things.  The pond is shrinking.  A cancer is eating the game.  The abandon ship signal has sounded.  Got it.  Wake me up when the game shuts down.  Until then, please just keep it to yourselves.

- oldman

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 11:35:48 AM »
Ciao baby! curious though as to what comparable combat sim you'll run to. Have fun where ever you fly.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019, 11:55:26 AM »

I get that.  The game is not like it used to be.  You, Dace, Nrshida and many others hearken back to the old days, and the contrast disappoints.  What I don't get is:  What's the point of moaning about it?  Nagging people that they should act differently rarely works (ask your wife if you don't believe me).  Meanwhile, the constant background proclamations that the end is nigh make life notably less pleasant for people who are enjoying the present state of things.  The pond is shrinking.  A cancer is eating the game.  The abandon ship signal has sounded.  Got it.  Wake me up when the game shuts down.  Until then, please just keep it to yourselves.

- oldman

Because if it isnt continually brought up people are going to start thinking "all is welll!" and it isnt. Then everyone is going to say all of a sudden, "What happened to AH?" when its gone.

Things CAN be done, things SHOULD be done, but NOTHING IS DONE. Newbies are leaving in the first hour of play, why? Toxic atmosphere? have more MODs and have then be a bit more strict than they have been. Newbs getting shot down  too fast? Change the damage multiplier for the first month so it take 4 times the hits to drop one.

Hire someone to go full time on doing nothing but pushing this game and WO:P on ALL social media outlets. Post pictures, videos, updates, game stats, up coming scenarios, anything and everything. More post means more traffic. More traffic means more intrest. More intrest means more subs! and its all free except the person doing the job of posting.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 11:57:04 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2019, 12:05:09 PM »
“I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.”
― Oscar Wilde

(Please go away again.)  :D

That’ll help!
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2019, 12:21:10 PM »
You are like a fish, happy in the middle of a shrinking pool of water in the desert, unable to see the edges encroaching and deaf to those already beached on the sands in the European, Japanese and Australasian timezones. The pool will not shrink in a linear way. The party's over and the end is nigh. And now over to Heidi, for the weather...

You have no idea what I am like. That is for sure.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2019, 12:26:05 PM »
You have no idea what I am like. That is for sure.

It's irrelevant to the discussion / situation what you're like.

Meanwhile, the constant background proclamations that the end is nigh make life notably less pleasant for people who are enjoying the present state of things.

How terrible for you Oldman, to be exposed to the frustration and annoyance of people for whom the game has essentially gone away while you are still enjoying yourself.

#s are increasing in the MA during primetime.

How many new players have you seen?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 12:27:01 PM »
Because if it isnt continually brought up people are going to start thinking "all is welll!" and it isnt. Then everyone is going to say all of a sudden, "What happened to AH?" when its gone.

Things CAN be done, things SHOULD be done, but NOTHING IS DONE. Newbies are leaving in the first hour of play, why? Toxic atmosphere? have more MODs and have then be a bit more strict than they have been. Newbs getting shot down  too fast? Change the damage multiplier for the first month so it take 4 times the hits to drop one.

Hire someone to go full time on doing nothing but pushing this game and WO:P on ALL social media outlets. Post pictures, videos, updates, game stats, up coming scenarios, anything and everything. More post means more traffic. More traffic means more intrest. More intrest means more subs! and its all free except the person doing the job of posting.

You mean nagging? That just never works at all.

People here know you are unhappy. We kind of get the idea you won't be happy until we are all unhappy.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 12:35:19 PM »
You mean nagging? That just never works at all.

People here know you are unhappy. We kind of get the idea you won't be happy until we are all unhappy.

Im not the only one that sees the issues. Many others have, and many others have left. I certainly dont want anyone to be unhappy, its none of my doing. That is not my agenda here. Im hoping that if I keep dropping ideas, other will drop their ideas, and maybe something will click at HTC and some changes will be made and the game..... that we all love, could get better and come back to life with numbers increasing and more and more action of all types come back to the MAs and scenarios.

Because we all know, the "status quo" really isnt working any more. Time to make some changes.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2019, 12:50:23 PM »
 :salute

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2019, 01:06:53 PM »
... , bugs in the game (disco/reconnect issues, film viewer, alt F4 to exit riftval map) that arent fixed, no new toys in forever unless you call a dancing pilot that can be captured on film now  :devil On top of that, the toxic environment the arena has. It has gone way beyond the ribbing we use to have. Some of it could be used in a court room for abuse charges, yet nothing is done to stem it, chasing away more and more players.
No disco/reconnect issues here and I am located in Eastern Europe so very far away. I am also using a very old PC. Film viewer is bad, but you an use a capture card like most people who post game footage about other games. No knowledge about the Alt F4 thing. Toxic environment is often not reported. Funny thing is that what happens in MA sometimes stays in MA. I have met some of the MA loudmouths in events and they are really cool people to wing up and fly with. Totally different to the impression I get in MA. Great team players and tough fighters.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2019, 01:29:38 PM »
It's irrelevant to the discussion / situation what you're like.

How terrible for you Oldman, to be exposed to the frustration and annoyance of people for whom the game has essentially gone away while you are still enjoying yourself.

How many new players have you seen?

Freak
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario