Author Topic: Saying Goodbye  (Read 8627 times)

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
Saying Goodbye
« on: February 25, 2019, 01:14:32 AM »
Wanted to say a farewell to all the many people here I have had the pleasure of sharing the virtual skies of Aces High. I have canceled my account.

I have taken extended breaks before that were meant to be just that, breaks. This time, however, I do not see myself returning.

I don't want to spend to much time explaining the reasons that I'm leaving, but I will say that there are many factors involved, a few of which have nothing at all to do with this game. This game is great and always has been. But the main reason is the numbers here and the player base that is left. I believe the golden days of AH are behind us, never to return (do to several factors). The player number base has fallen such that when I log in (especially during my prime time, 8am-12pm EST.), it's pretty much the same group of about 50-60 players. And a certain percentage of  these people are cantankerous old codgers who are not helpful, courteous, or nice in any sense. Moreover, a smaller percentage are downright nasty and will treat you with contempt no matter what you do. I can't imagine being a noob and trying this game nowadays. I'd be out in the first 20 minutes do to the rudeness. And that's just channel 2/country chat. Not to mention 200.

Not even the scenarios appeal to me any longer as I've found that, with the smaller numbers, it is almost impossible for the scenario team to build a balanced, fun event and then have people show up to lead and fly in them.

In short, I can no longer log into AH and have fun in any way and when the frustration/boredom outweigh the fun, it's time to go.

I'll still have a peek in here to see what's going on but as it stands, I will not be re-subbing.

So, goodbye to all the many wonderful friends I have made here. And a huge thanks to HTC for making this thing that has given me so much enjoyment over all these years.

:salute

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Saying Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 01:32:49 AM »
Are you selling your joystick etc?

How much?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 01:34:15 AM »
Are you selling your joystick etc?

How much?

Look in the classified forum, my dude.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 07:43:10 AM »
You fly European times that early in the morning. I heard that is slower.

Current scenario is equal sided and having a good time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 08:15:27 AM »
Look in the classified forum, my dude.

Very Lebowski. Sorry to see you go.  :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 08:20:11 AM »
Sorry to see you go Dace. I think, unfortunately there will be plenty of people leaving soon. This game is going down hill faster and faster. I find it harder and harder to log in and have ANY fun any more.

You fly European times that early in the morning. I heard that is slower.

Current scenario is equal sided and having a good time.

You still looking through those rose color glasses Shuff? FSO is down 20% from the same time last year. The guys running them seem to have to do a lot of last minutes adjustments to TRY and make them work.

Numbers keep falling in the MA, bugs in the game (disco/reconnect issues, film viewer, alt F4 to exit riftval map) that arent fixed, no new toys in forever unless you call a dancing pilot that can be captured on film now  :devil On top of that, the toxic environment the arena has. It has gone way beyond the ribbing we use to have. Some of it could be used in a court room for abuse charges, yet nothing is done to stem it, chasing away more and more players. 

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 08:29:33 AM »
Out of curiosity, what makes it so you can't fly in US prime time? Work schedule? It's a shame because the US prime time numbers seems to be slightly up from recent months.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 08:32:44 AM »
Out of curiosity, what makes it so you can't fly in US prime time? Work schedule? It's a shame because the US prime time numbers seems to be slightly up from recent months.

This

Hope you decide differently Dace  :salute
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 09:38:32 AM »
Best of luck to you Dace, hope you stay or return soon!    :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 09:45:01 AM »

You still looking through those rose color glasses Shuff? FSO is down 20% from the same time last year. The guys running them seem to have to do a lot of last minutes adjustments to TRY and make them work.

Numbers keep falling in the MA, bugs in the game (disco/reconnect issues, film viewer, alt F4 to exit riftval map) that arent fixed, no new toys in forever unless you call a dancing pilot that can be captured on film now  :devil On top of that, the toxic environment the arena has. It has gone way beyond the ribbing we use to have. Some of it could be used in a court room for abuse charges, yet nothing is done to stem it, chasing away more and more players.

If you are determined to have no fun, you will have no fun.  It becomes a problem if you try to ruin it for others. I am enjoying it regardless.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 09:51:10 AM »
.......  It becomes a problem if you try to ruin it for others. I am enjoying it regardless.

+1  :aok

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 10:05:02 AM »
If you are determined to have no fun, you will have no fun.  It becomes a problem if you try to ruin it for others. I am enjoying it regardless.

You are like a fish, happy in the middle of a shrinking pool of water in the desert, unable to see the edges encroaching and deaf to those already beached on the sands in the European, Japanese and Australasian timezones. The pool will not shrink in a linear way. The party's over and the end is nigh. And now over to Heidi, for the weather...

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 10:19:25 AM »
Salute!

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 10:29:44 AM »
You are like a fish, happy in the middle of a shrinking pool of water in the desert, unable to see the edges encroaching and deaf to those already beached on the sands in the European, Japanese and Australasian timezones. The pool will not shrink in a linear way. The party's over and the end is nigh. And now over to Heidi, for the weather...

“I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.”
― Oscar Wilde

(Please go away again.)  :D

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 10:30:24 AM »

Dace said " The player number base has fallen such that when I log in (especially during my prime time, 8am-12pm EST.), it's pretty much the same group of about 50-60 players" which is the meaty part of US prime time. 9PM eastern time we had 140 on a Saturday night during winter which is when most people are stuck inside. Thats what 45 players per side or so? In most cases it 90 vs 45 or 45 vs 45 with the other 45 with nobody to fight.

Im determined to have fun, its the ONLY reason I log in when I do. When trying to watch my films back (big issues with the film viewer this week) Sunday morning I noticed you and a bunch of other knights having fun hording it over a base, which on the other side of things makes it even MORE fun for those being horded <--- sarcasm btw

You can call it great and fun all you want but there just seems to be a cancer eating away at the game play.

The game use to be about fighting, fighting air to air, fighting for a base, fighting CV to CV/shore base. Now its either chase runners in "air to air" , get picked by the score potatos when/if you do catch a runner. Sneak bases, and give up to move some place else if the least amount of defense shows up, or dive bombing lancs to hit a CV kamikaze style over and over until its sunk.

Very few make missions, few join missions. The battle has gone from the game which to me made the game so deep. Defend a base? bah! run supplies in, much easier and needs little skill or planning.

Heaven forbid you shoot down one of the "top fighter" guys  :rolleyes: <--- I giggle as I type that ! you'll be harassed and hunted the rest of the night.

It use to be fun hunting with your squadies ( less than half of the 56th is left, they have left for other games), It use to be fun trash talking with your friends on the other side (hard to do these days as more and more detune 200 to avoid the toxic BS), It use to be fun fighting in epic battles for base (most sneak or horde bases now)

I keep trying, but it gets harder and harder to find the fun.