Author Topic: Saying Goodbye  (Read 8624 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Saying Goodbye
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2019, 09:18:59 AM »
Same old denialists same old self delusion from same ole lazy baby-boomers who don't want to face the fact that there is no analogous replacement to what Aces High once was, avoid their responsibility for their part in its downfall and self-medicate as their familiar comfort zone shrinks like a deflated balloon and their retirements are about to get even more dull than originally planned. Burn  :)

You are not in the game yet you still try to destroy it. Numbers are rising despite folks like you. 
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2019, 09:37:48 AM »
Same old denialists same old self delusion from same ole lazy baby-boomers who don't want to face the fact that there is no analogous replacement to what Aces High once was, avoid their responsibility for their part in its downfall and self-medicate as their familiar comfort zone shrinks like a deflated balloon and their retirements are about to get even more dull than originally planned. Burn  :)

I don't think there is anyone denying that AH isn't what it once was (numbers wise) and may not ever become that again, but don't rain on other people's parades for still trying to enjoy the game that has brought many years of enjoyment for everyone involved. That is clearly your only goal here, so why do you stick around?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2019, 09:56:13 AM »
I don't think there is anyone denying that AH isn't what it once was (numbers wise) and may not ever become that again, but don't rain on other people's parades for still trying to enjoy the game that has brought many years of enjoyment for everyone involved. That is clearly your only goal here, so why do you stick around?

I think Shida once aspired to be recognized and honored by the community for his great contributions but when that didn't happen (it actually required a worthy contribution) he became embittered. Hell hath no fury like a Shida scorned.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2019, 10:40:04 AM »
I think Shida once aspired to be recognized and honored by the community for his great contributions but when that didn't happen (it actually required a worthy contribution) he became embittered. Hell hath no fury like a Shida scorned.

I personally never had a problem with nrshida before. It's just that this kind of posting from the same few gets old.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2019, 10:58:24 AM »
Shida likes being punched in the spuds by men in PVC and rubber masks :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2019, 03:45:23 PM »
I’m just f**kin pissed the game’s going down the toilet and this sticking of heads in the sand has been a contributory factor. In retrospect a good dose of bitter honesty shoved down the throat farther upstream might have saved this game.

None of you actively posting have actually paused and given some thought to why the MA is the only populated arena have you? Why AvA is essentially a sideshow, events nearly extinct, The duelling / Match Play Arena like ghost-towns, DA lake removed. Anyone, no? No profound insight into the significance of that? Course not. Even the OP initiated the tedious, inevitable, numb-skulled undercurrent of "well, if you don't like it, leave it".

You are not in the game yet you still try to destroy it.

I still fly and have served enough time and come far enough to make informed comment. You just don’t like things that Fugitive and I are saying and would say anything to shut out the noise. I've lost count of the number of players - new and old - I've trained, sometimes for months on end and at the cost of hours per week for years. Some are even in this thread. And I was not motivated by recognition as has been suggested, it was to try and keep equitable gameplay alive. This is commensurate to wishing to destroy the game? You can point your finger elsewhere.

Numbers are rising despite folks like you. 

You have to be pretty desperate to confuse small clusters of returning players with new players. Ask lots of questions do they, how to set up controllers, how to turn without stalling, who can help them with ACM? Sounds of squeakers filling the airways, no?

The MA is now the only arena with any noticeable activity left and is now as thoroughly inaccessible to new players as it could possibly be. It is replete with selfish, shortsighted Charlie Sheen-replicas, not particular skillful at dogfighting but absolutely tiptop at risk assessment and when to run to save their planes / scores / egos (well, that’s what they did in the war). Oldman isn’t even anything remarkable in his self-centred view of all things AH, he’s pretty standard now.

All the diversity of gameplay has been driven out of AH replaced with an RPS bolstering to resolve the imbalance between an inability to learn against an unwillingness to accept limitations. And on the forum / 200 week in, week out all you hear is how Millennials are the problem with their (nonexistent) need for instant gratification. Projection, in its purest form.

Realistically Arlo - I've noticed you've been doing your damnest to try and troll me since I've dropped back in - I'm not interested in arguing with you. I just don't particularly care what you say or think and your motivation is transparent. If you really want to have a go at me then your only option for a meaningful contest would be to come into the MPA and fight 1-on-1. You can even fly an F4U-4 if you like. No perks in there (happily extend the offer to anyone else offended by anything I say or have said). This will afford you the opportunity to find out what my motivation for playing AH actually has been.

Why don't you PM me for an appointment.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2019, 04:16:47 PM »
Numbers are not rising. Actually the past week have been some of the worst numbers in a while for the ma. I would suspect the numbers bump were around the cold weather that has been coming in.

It’s practically impossible to get a fight in the Ma these days unless you are willing to fight 3 or more. There are very few that will fight 1v1 much less 3v1 so you are left with a bunch of hovering planes waiting on the first idiot that dares to come near.

I get what shida is saying. Just a few years ago I remember cv fights at bases for what seemed ever. I remember a huge fur ball between bases not one country hovering over there base for ever waiting till the others dare cross the dar ring. But that’s what we are left with now in the ma and stinks

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2019, 04:22:39 PM »
You definitely have some issues going there.

The other night, mid week, there was 198 players on. Last night less. In general the numbers seem to be climbing. That is even with the few negative individuals that keep posting the same old thing over and over.

So you left and went somewhere else, earlier in the thread.... and now you still fly here. I guess we need to either not see you or see you to really know.

I will leave you to your time of being upset. I have far better things to do. Enjoy your crankiness.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2019, 04:41:38 PM »
The numbers are increasing and a lot of new names :old:

No more look at me people left which is very civilised and polite.

If you dont play every week and complain about numbers your being daft.

I might rage quit on Saturday :old:

I feel triggered and disgusted the AH have provided a safe space :old:

Shida needs a safe space a really big one :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2019, 04:46:30 PM »
The #s have been growing slightly.    :rock

IMO, the biggest thing that will have a great impact on many people's fun in playing in the MA, would be to make radar harder to destroy and get rid of the "if a friendly sees you on radar everyone else can see you" this incourages ganging. Making the radar harder to destory would simply fix all radar issues. Secondly, making more late war planes perked. Planes can easily escape by hitting X providing them the single greatest Advantage in Air combat. The saturated top kills planes are not unnoticed. I plead with HTC to perk more late war planes. Mid war planes create such better fights. It would fix the "everyone runs" syndrome, and it would give perks more of a meaning. It would cause players to actually have to learn defense maneuvers and you would see far less timid boring flying.

When it comes to match play and AVA. Match play needs to allow players to choose their dueling partners. If a squad wants to fight another squad. How do they do that in the Match play currently? That's the biggest issue right now.

I think what would really help the AvA is having small island maps, where players can see both sides in one area.  I still feel as though people see the maps and get discouraged. I am still praying some one will recreate the smog 8 map. There is a good reason why it was so successful in H2H. Even with 4 players it was great.  I think the AvA has done well with their recent maps and is on the right track to making more great ones. The only other thing after that is making sure there are 2 or more flying in the arena at all times which would incourage more people to join the arena looking for some quick action. I think that is a huge factor as well.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:48:12 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2019, 08:37:28 PM »
The #s have been growing slightly.    :rock

IMO, the biggest thing that will have a great impact on many people's fun in playing in the MA, would be to make radar harder to destroy and get rid of the "if a friendly sees you on radar everyone else can see you" this incourages ganging. Making the radar harder to destory would simply fix all radar issues. Secondly, making more late war planes perked. Planes can easily escape by hitting X providing them the single greatest Advantage in Air combat. The saturated top kills planes are not unnoticed. I plead with HTC to perk more late war planes. Mid war planes create such better fights. It would fix the "everyone runs" syndrome, and it would give perks more of a meaning. It would cause players to actually have to learn defense maneuvers and you would see far less timid boring flying.

When it comes to match play and AVA. Match play needs to allow players to choose their dueling partners. If a squad wants to fight another squad. How do they do that in the Match play currently? That's the biggest issue right now.

I think what would really help the AvA is having small island maps, where players can see both sides in one area.  I still feel as though people see the maps and get discouraged. I am still praying some one will recreate the smog 8 map. There is a good reason why it was so successful in H2H. Even with 4 players it was great.  I think the AvA has done well with their recent maps and is on the right track to making more great ones. The only other thing after that is making sure there are 2 or more flying in the arena at all times which would incourage more people to join the arena looking for some quick action. I think that is a huge factor as well.

Hard to argue with any of that. Yup... pert near impossible to argue with that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2019, 08:39:04 PM »
Oldman isn’t even anything remarkable in his self-centred view of all things AH, he’s pretty standard now.

Well, hey, all these years and I'm finally mainstream!  Thanks, nrshida, that means a lot.  I'm in from the cold at last.

In the meantime, consider that you, and others who constantly pace the sidewalks holding "The End is Near" signs aloft while (whilst?) howling epithets into microphones, may have been among the many, many causes of the decline in numbers from AH's peak.

Or don't.  I'm certain that you consider yourself a prophet who is stoned in his own time, but will be revered by later generations.  Take comfort in that warm, fuzzy thought.

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2019, 09:54:02 PM »
Just another reason why HTC needs a full time Social media person. 18 hours of looking in to the game and Im the only guy helping him out.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/651090/discussions/0/1842440600598111014/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2019, 10:25:27 PM »
funny how a few months ago people complained that they would see a full darbar but couldnt find a fight.  now they see where the fight when a friendly is nearby and some complain that it's unfair.

the "nearby" darbar has provided more fights than anything else in the past couple of years.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2019, 07:18:38 AM »
Welp.. My back has finally healed after shoveling out of a record 30in of snow.. The snow has mostly melted, it was a glorious 50deg and sunny yesterday.. The sun has finally risen far enough to shine in our dark little valley between the high ridges, YAY.. Broke out the mountain bike and rode down into town, had a couple beers and rode back up the hill to home.. It was WONDERFUL!

Time to burn off all the winter fat I packed on.. And I have built couple new AR15s that need to be zeroed.. A 24in .224Valkyrie, and 16in .458SOCOM.. Back to the 3d world..

Not sayin Goodbye.. Just C/ya next winter..  :salute