Author Topic: maybe AH can sponsor a video  (Read 4111 times)

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
Re: maybe AH can sponsor a video
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 09:40:29 AM »
I'd even kick in to a go-fund-me if necessary.

Can someone who knows what they are doing set this up.  I'll chip in.

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 11:10:52 AM »
I think some folks put far too much into so called social media. Social media is anything but social and many times a security risk.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 11:56:59 AM »
Doing something in social media is better than doing nothing, but I can`t personally see how a page you created could ever work and how it could attract people other than those already playing the game and wanting it to do good. If a person who had no idea what Aces High is then there is nothing explaining what it is on the page. Then the word "radio". Do the visuals on that page convey the action that is going on, I don`t see much hook in text messages that may seem like coded messages to someone without any idea about what AH3 is. If it was more like Need for Speed Curator type of renegade radio you can listen to and that gives some inside information about what is going on behind the scenes within the community and stirring up some stuff without ranting, hating, complaining, grieving etc then I could see appeal within the existing players. Just my opinion. Time has shown again and again that I have no idea about what other people want so maybe that page did spark some interest and people wanted to find out a bit more.

The idea was to have a "running commentary" of things going on in and around the game. My idea was a full time person at HTC could use this type of page along with twitter, instagram, and others to bring out info on the game.... tips, news, historic info, coming events, airshow info, possible behind the scene stuff, cartoons  :D , in game video clips and such about the game. The thing with social media is building a buzz. For this to work and it would it would need a full time person to do nothing but add content posting a number of times across all the boards all day. Then it would also need others adding in comments to help get it rolling as well as keep it rolling. I had a few people add their own "After action reports" to the page I started.

More info, more posts, more sharing brings it to the top of the searches the bots use to bring "liked" content to everyones pages. I did it part time for a few weeks and had 50 people following. Imagine how big it could get with a person dedicated full time to it with help from part time contributors. It would start popping up on pages of anyone likeing anything to do with planes, history, WWII and war.   

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 10:15:02 PM »
Problems always been no support from the folks in charge.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 03:44:33 AM »
Problems always been no support from the folks in charge.

That sometimes happens when you are not an employee. Bestbuy, Walmart, Target, would probably be the same way.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 04:42:54 PM »
Great idea! I know a lot of channels who do advertising for companies before their show starts. I just bought a patriot Flashlight from one of them for a gift. They work! Though I don't really know how well metrically speaking.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 05:08:04 PM »
That sometimes happens when you are not an employee. Bestbuy, Walmart, Target, would probably be the same way.

LOL to compare us to regular customers of big box retailers...that's something else there sir. Did you happen to see the previous posts in this thread? I don't think you'd ever see the conversation happening here on any one of the aboves FB or twitters.

"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 01:45:01 AM »
LOL to compare us to regular customers of big box retailers...that's something else there sir. Did you happen to see the previous posts in this thread? I don't think you'd ever see the conversation happening here on any one of the aboves FB or twitters.

You are right..  many folks would never see FB or twitter because they do not mess with that garbage.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2019, 09:55:18 AM »
You are right..  many folks would never see FB or twitter because they do not mess with that garbage.

You are very much in the minority. Millions upon millions of people are looking at that "garbage " every minute of the day.  Creating content and posting is free. Why not use it? Best  buy and all of those big box companies do it and they have millions of  advertising dollars in their budgets yet they take the time to use it, I wonder why that is?

Just because you and 12 other people dont b other with Facebook doesn't mean it isn't worth the time and effort to promote the game on.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 10:33:14 AM »
Creating content and posting is free.

This an incorrect assumption.

HiTech

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 11:23:25 AM »
This an incorrect assumption.

HiTech

explain please. I know I do it all the time and it doesn't cost me a dime.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2019, 11:27:47 AM »

Opportunity Cost, I suppose.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2019, 12:19:05 PM »
You are very much in the minority. Millions upon millions of people are looking at that "garbage " every minute of the day.  Creating content and posting is free. Why not use it? Best  buy and all of those big box companies do it and they have millions of  advertising dollars in their budgets yet they take the time to use it, I wonder why that is?

Just because you and 12 other people dont b other with Facebook doesn't mean it isn't worth the time and effort to promote the game on.

Millions on millions more never mess with that security issue.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
maybe AH can sponsor a video
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2019, 01:07:27 PM »

For a business, simply creating and posting content is not enough. Using FB ads costs money, the amount depends on the amount of people and the duration.

For a "word of mouth" campaign to be successful it relies on users to promote the content on their personal pages.

I ran a bar for quite a while and I spent somewhere in the ball park of 250 bucks a week advertising. The success of these ads is debatable and can be measured in a few hundred dollars a week income and perhaps 20 - 30 profit per week but nowhere near enough to justify the continuation of the ad campaign.

In a social niche game such as this, members of the community need to get involved and push the game via screenshots, videos with or without commentary and talking up the special events like crazy.

AND ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE HITECHCREATIONS HOME PAGE!

Does no good if people have no idea where to get the game or to do more research on it.

:salute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 01:08:58 PM by Ciaphas »
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »
For a business, simply creating and posting content is not enough. Using FB ads costs money, the amount depends on the amount of people and the duration.

For a "word of mouth" campaign to be successful it relies on users to promote the content on their personal pages.

I ran a bar for quite a while and I spent somewhere in the ball park of 250 bucks a week advertising. The success of these ads is debatable and can be measured in a few hundred dollars a week income and perhaps 20 - 30 profit per week but nowhere near enough to justify the continuation of the ad campaign.

In a social niche game such as this, members of the community need to get involved and push the game via screenshots, videos with or without commentary and talking up the special events like crazy.

AND ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE HITECHCREATIONS HOME PAGE!

Does no good if people have no idea where to get the game or to do more research on it.

:salute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used advertising as well for our local restaurant/cafe. For job postings and weekly menus etc. it doesn't really work. We have Facebook as well. Advertise to about 4,000 people everyday. Maybe only 15 people actually click the link. I'm a firm believer that the reason big box companies use advertising is so they can sink profits to avoid taxes. It's all a money game at the top. Just because I see a monster ad on TV doesn't make me wanna go buy a monster. I'm not saying it's 100% useless to advertise. It's just not as effective as people who haven't done it think it is.

Edit: Advertising is usually very expensive and you almost never get your ROI.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 01:34:31 PM by ACE »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek