Author Topic: maybe AH can sponsor a video  (Read 4110 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
maybe AH can sponsor a video
« on: March 15, 2019, 07:24:36 PM »
The History Guy on Youtube has 285k subscribers and makes a bunch of military themed content.  The one below was sponsored by World of Warships and the first sponsored video on his channel. 
Posted today and already has 19k views:

A good way to find people who are interested in WWII and by extension, AH.  No clue how much $ is involved in sponsoring a video but it would definitely reach the target audience.  :old:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: maybe AH can sponsor a video
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 07:59:02 PM »
The History Guy on Youtube has 285k subscribers and makes a bunch of military themed content.  The one below was sponsored by World of Warships and the first sponsored video on his channel. 
Posted today and already has 19k views:

A good way to find people who are interested in WWII and by extension, AH.  No clue how much $ is involved in sponsoring a video but it would definitely reach the target audience.  :old:

Good idea.  A good way to show off the game.  I can't imagine it being too expensive. I'd even kick in to a go-fund-me if necessary.

What might make a good topic?  "The Hardest Day"?  Flying Tigers?  Cactus Air Force?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 08:36:30 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 08:37:04 PM »
Battle of Britain...and a scenario to go along with it...:rock
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 07:28:35 AM »
I mean 1% of that population would be great.

Do some snipe of mission and scenario footage and squads nose arts. Real tasteful like. Think it would be worth a try.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 08:06:20 AM »
Bring back HOP :old:

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 09:59:10 AM »
I will think about the aformentioned :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 09:59:33 AM »
I will think about the aformentioned :old:

Thanks boss.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 10:43:48 AM »
Can someone figure out cost?  I'd kick in some cash for go fund me for something like that.
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 12:08:46 PM »
I mean 1% of that population would be great.

Do some snipe of mission and scenario footage and squads nose arts. Real tasteful like. Think it would be worth a try.

33k views in 24 hours.  If 1% of those tried AH, that would be 330 potential new players.  The channel also picked up another 2k subscribers in one day.

Battle of Britain...and a scenario to go along with it...:rock

Too big of a scope.  Most of his videos are under 20 minutes and focus on small or obscure events.  Could be a particular battle or pilot that fought in the Battle of Britain.

Bring back HOP :old:

She is needed now, more than ever.  We may be old people, but still know what the internet is. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 12:17:09 PM »
Been pushing social media for years. Even started a page that got a bunch of people watchin. Only put a few hours a week in for it, but it worked. HTC just doesnt want to take the time really work it.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 12:32:30 PM »
You can draw them to the water but cant make them drink it.  I logged on about 4pm yesterday and noticed the numbers were quite low compared to normal.

Take a guess what map was up!

I personally dont have a problem with the map, but its quite obvious a lot of people do.  Ive been playing this for quite awhile, i can find or stir up trouble by several different means. Anything that simple to fix that has a negative effect on the population, should be fixed immediately.  (That means remove it from rotation)

But back to the topic, that looks like a great area to look into, and I also would support it through a gofundme type of page.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 02:46:15 PM »
Good idea.  A good way to show off the game.  I can't imagine it being too expensive. I'd even kick in to a go-fund-me if necessary.

What might make a good topic?  "The Hardest Day"?  Flying Tigers?  Cactus Air Force?
I am game, mark me as a +1 on kicking in to donate.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 06:59:54 PM »
Been pushing social media for years. Even started a page that got a bunch of people watchin. Only put a few hours a week in for it, but it worked. HTC just doesnt want to take the time really work it.

I enjoyed it, it was a good thing :aok

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 04:35:51 AM »
Doing something in social media is better than doing nothing, but I can`t personally see how a page you created could ever work and how it could attract people other than those already playing the game and wanting it to do good. If a person who had no idea what Aces High is then there is nothing explaining what it is on the page. Then the word "radio". Do the visuals on that page convey the action that is going on, I don`t see much hook in text messages that may seem like coded messages to someone without any idea about what AH3 is. If it was more like Need for Speed Curator type of renegade radio you can listen to and that gives some inside information about what is going on behind the scenes within the community and stirring up some stuff without ranting, hating, complaining, grieving etc then I could see appeal within the existing players. Just my opinion. Time has shown again and again that I have no idea about what other people want so maybe that page did spark some interest and people wanted to find out a bit more.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 09:39:03 AM »
thanks for posting.
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate