Author Topic: maybe AH can sponsor a video  (Read 4114 times)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
maybe AH can sponsor a video
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2019, 01:46:40 PM »
Agreed, the best advertising a company has is by word of mouth. With the way social networking has managed to creep in to every aspect of life, it should be, in theory, quite easy to advertise AH from our own accounts. That whole tell two, those two tell two and so on and so forth system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: maybe AH can sponsor a video
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2019, 03:10:24 PM »
Social media advertising is great. It is free unless you want to pay for those promotional things. I'm sure they're somewhat useful.

I think that to pull in the younger crowd a good social media presence is a must. For the same reason that having an active subreddit is a must...those sites are what they flock to. I'm on reddit every day and follow certain communities, and always get the latest news/info/discussions that pop up.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 04:01:04 PM »
For a business, simply creating and posting content is not enough. Using FB ads costs money, the amount depends on the amount of people and the duration.

For a "word of mouth" campaign to be successful it relies on users to promote the content on their personal pages.

I ran a bar for quite a while and I spent somewhere in the ball park of 250 bucks a week advertising. The success of these ads is debatable and can be measured in a few hundred dollars a week income and perhaps 20 - 30 profit per week but nowhere near enough to justify the continuation of the ad campaign.

In a social niche game such as this, members of the community need to get involved and push the game via screenshots, videos with or without commentary and talking up the special events like crazy.

AND ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE HITECHCREATIONS HOME PAGE!

Does no good if people have no idea where to get the game or to do more research on it.

:salute

Correct, HTC should have a person pushing info 10-12 times a day through as many media accounts as they can. Those of us who do bother with social media can help by adding things we find/see/enjoy. Sharing across media will generate traffic and start pushing info to new people. Like new maps and skins this IS something players can help with.

Social media advertising is great. It is free unless you want to pay for those promotional things. I'm sure they're somewhat useful.

I think that to pull in the younger crowd a good social media presence is a must. For the same reason that having an active subreddit is a must...those sites are what they flock to. I'm on reddit every day and follow certain communities, and always get the latest news/info/discussions that pop up.

Exactly! The world of gaming revolves around social media. Find a way to keep it popping and it will get picked up. 

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2019, 04:20:01 PM »
I get a bestbuy ad weekly that I quote looking at because it is always the same. Same with office supply stores. Same old same old.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2019, 04:47:58 PM »
You are right..  many folks would never see FB or twitter because they do not mess with that garbage.
Maybe were looking for a newer crowd to play?  That’s what the game needs is an injection of new “younger” blood. The same ol same ol players that’s been here for 20plus years are stale. No disrespect to them but new blood is what we need and social media is the avenue to it.

I own a small business and maybe in the goods and food industry you don’t see a large return. In the towing industry we saw a huge return. So much so that I quit advertising with them because it was 24/7 pushing customers my way to the point I couldn’t handle the influx of new customers. I guess it depends on the cost and return you want to see.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2019, 04:55:01 PM »
Maybe were looking for a newer crowd to play?  That’s what the game needs is an injection of new “younger” blood. The same ol same ol players that’s been here for 20plus years are stale. No disrespect to them but new blood is what we need and social media is the avenue to it.

Well, that and completely changing the game.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2019, 06:29:50 PM »
explain please. I know I do it all the time and it doesn't cost me a dime.

It costs you whatever your time and effort is worth to you. 

Rhetorical question: If Hitech hired someone full time for Social Media how many new subscriptions would be required for HTC to break even?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2019, 08:53:28 PM »
It costs you whatever your time and effort is worth to you. 

Rhetorical question: If Hitech hired someone full time for Social Media how many new subscriptions would be required for HTC to break even?

I hear interns run cheap.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2019, 08:59:32 AM »
I hear interns run cheap.

A non-paid internship still doesn't offset the cost of money spent (ads) and profit (return - cost of ads).

Sure, you could run a passive post campaign that will only reach a very small group. To reach the masses, unfortunately, you will have to pay for promotion.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario