Author Topic: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters  (Read 38904 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2019, 12:18:48 AM »
I doubt that is the case. Skyyr is a dirtbag.

Yet beat the OP like a drum.  Hence this thread.   :rolleyes:

(Dirtbag?  No.  Just very good at slaying bullies. Not saying Violator is a bully, btw.)
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2019, 01:07:13 AM »
Not sure why vraciu brought up Skye. Weird

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2019, 07:39:09 AM »
Yet beat the OP like a drum.  Hence this thread.   :rolleyes:

(Dirtbag?  No.  Just very good at slaying bullies. Not saying Violator is a bully, btw.)

Very much so a dirtbag.  followed players around just to kill them on purpose. Had accounts set up on the other sides just to grief. Very much so a dirtbag.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 07:57:32 AM by ACE »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2019, 07:41:43 AM »
Imagine that, a thread devolving in to a chest thumping pile of nonsense... .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »

Heh.  I like the analogy.

Heavily perking 262s makes sense.  Lightly perking Tempests and F4U4s makes sense; they're clearly significantly superior to the others in the plane set.  (I've never understood perking the F4U1C - that plane is a pig.)  Beyond that, you're just tinkering.  Lusche's charts seem to show that the Doras aren't being used more than a few other planes; they're just getting more kills than they used to.  Really, who cares?  Let them run away.  It's far more challenging to fight the Spixteens and Yakcubers.

- oldman

We are all so proud of the open sandbox game play we have. Funny how it turns out we are fighting the same half dozen planes all the time. Not so big a sand box really.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2019, 09:51:01 AM »
We are all so proud of the open sandbox game play we have. Funny how it turns out we are fighting the same half dozen planes all the time. Not so big a sand box really.

I think this has always been so.

- oldman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2019, 10:08:49 AM »
We have the biggest sandbox in flight sims. Some toys are more popular than others. Not using all the sandbox toys equally is not an actual problem. It's OK to have favorites.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2019, 10:10:45 AM »
Skyyr only the flew the 190 and La7 most of the time because he knew they were the fastest planes that could easily escape trouble when ever someone grabbed his 6 in the MA. A perfect example of a decent stick with a lack of defense skills having to use easy mode planes to feel good about himself and abuse the community.

If those planes were perked. Skyyr would have been a totally different stick. I'm sure he would have moved to the Ki84 though.

I am simply trying to ask that overly used and high performance planes be taken down a notch by perking a few more planes. The spit16 is still a 5 eny plane and gets a tremendous amount of kills. The Yak3 is almost the same thing, but it can accel and get away faster basically trading the spits guns for a bit more agility and strength. The Yak3 is also hard to see, which makes it tough to shoot. If there was more of an incentive to get players into less dominate late war planes and mid war planes. The level of fights and furballs would actually increase and noob players would have an easier time because they wouldn't have to fight against so many Uber planes all of the time.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2019, 10:14:19 AM »
I dont think perking is the answer. The yak3 and d9 are not nearly as good as the u4 or tempest in the MA environment. Let people use them but adjust the ENY so that they are limited when number get imbalanced.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2019, 10:16:10 AM »
Skyrr flew the D pony a lot, as well. Perking that would go over like a lead balloon. What are we up to now? Dora, Lala, Pony .... not the Frank, though.  :old:

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2019, 10:21:32 AM »
The issue is ENY should be a judgement of the plane's capability overall. Take away the ord from a P-51D and is it really 5 ENY? It's fast, has decent guns, and doesn't turn that great.

Is the D9 really that good to have 5 ENY? It's fast, can carry 1 bomb, and really can't turn well but can stick stir like crazy.

I think it would be interesting to take those few planes and perk them at say, a base of 2 or 3, for a month, and see what happens. But, as stated, people would get upset and we already have a fragile enough player base.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2019, 10:26:18 AM »
The level of fights and furballs would actually increase and noob players would have an easier time because they wouldn't have to fight against so many Uber planes all of the time.

A runner in a jug or a 51B is still a runner.  Acceleration doesn't mean all that much to the one pass haul bellybutton crowd.  Your claim is dubious at best.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2019, 10:27:28 AM »
Not sure why vraciu brought up Skye. Weird

OP knows. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2019, 10:28:39 AM »
OP knows.

Well, keep it tween yourselves in this public convo, then.  :D

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2019, 10:31:21 AM »
Skyyr only the flew the 190 and La7 most of the time because he knew they were the fastest planes that could easily escape trouble when ever someone grabbed his 6 in the MA. A perfect example of a decent stick with a lack of defense skills having to use easy mode planes to feel good about himself and abuse the community.

If those planes were perked. Skyyr would have been a totally different stick. I'm sure he would have moved to the Ki84 though.

I am simply trying to ask that overly used and high performance planes be taken down a notch by perking a few more planes. The spit16 is still a 5 eny plane and gets a tremendous amount of kills. The Yak3 is almost the same thing, but it can accel and get away faster basically trading the spits guns for a bit more agility and strength. The Yak3 is also hard to see, which makes it tough to shoot. If there was more of an incentive to get players into less dominate late war planes and mid war planes. The level of fights and furballs would actually increase and noob players would have an easier time because they wouldn't have to fight against so many Uber planes all of the time.

Revise all the history you like, Violator.   The truth remains.    The guy could fly any ride well.   He was certainly not dependent on 7s and 190s.   I guess you’ve never seen his films where he’s outnumbered 5:1 with people on his six and winds up killing them all.  That was no fluke. 

”KILLER V”
The Damned