Author Topic: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters  (Read 37999 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2019, 07:34:21 PM »
For all I know Hitech is getting ready to perk the 190D but I'm guessing he simply disagrees with you.

I hope he is working on some kind of Eny update. I would never know because there has been no announcement. I'm not the first person to mention it, but I'd like for some adjustments to be made to eny even if we can't agree on the #. But he should at least acknowledge that some of the planes need to be updated based on MA performance.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2019, 07:42:59 PM »
I hope he is working on some kind of Eny update. I would never know because there has been no announcement. I'm not the first person to mention it, but I'd like for some adjustments to be made to eny even if we can't agree on the #. But he should at least acknowledge that some of the planes need to be updated based on MA performance.

Apparently he already adjusted ENY with disagreement about the numbers.  Why do it again? It might get worse. :D

He doesn't need to acknowledge a theory he disagrees with.  You still haven't shown a problem, just a personal preference for what other people should be doing.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2019, 08:07:14 PM »
Btw, if you all don’t like runners, next Monday in the AvA is the BoB.
109e vs Spit1
110c vs Hurricane 1
C202 vs P40E

I know the latter wasn’t involved just figure adding a spicy meatball in the mix would liven things up

Excellent marketing segue.   :banana:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2019, 08:23:21 PM »
How about we keep China and Hillary away from our computer software tied to planes? That's not a conspiracy either...

Software?   767?

You do realize there are stab trim runaway procedures that are as old as electric trim systems right?

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2019, 08:24:19 PM »
This might be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway.

If, when engaged in a fight and you lose a bit of SA and blow your E, would it not be a good idea to extend to remedy your ride's E deficiency? Would it also be a bad idea to turn back in to an enemy that is chasing you while trying to equalize your rides E state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most guys who like to fight would stick around and try to equalize E again and/or force the over shoot and shoot him down. Most general player would have run lonnnnggggg before they blew their E.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2019, 08:24:54 PM »
Software?   767?

You do realize there are stab trim runaway procedures that are as old as electric trim systems right?

Not sure he does, but, if so, there's still probably a conspiracy theory to cover it.  :D

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2019, 08:49:52 PM »
Not sure he does, but, if so, there's still probably a conspiracy theory to cover it.  :D

:aok :cheers: :banana:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2019, 09:28:14 PM »

Just ask Obama's Birth Certificate creator... Oh wait.

Apparently he already adjusted ENY with disagreement about the numbers.  Why do it again? It might get worse. :D

He doesn't need to acknowledge a theory he disagrees with.  You still haven't shown a problem, just a personal preference for what other people should be doing.

The Yak3 is an 18 eny plane just under the P51B with 2500 more kills and a .4 better K/D. How is that rational with the current stats every month? The 190D is a 12 eny plane that achieves 1000 more kills with a better or close K/D than the La7, P47M, F4U, K4, Nik, Ki84, better K/D than a P51D and spit16. And you guys think they are rated fairly?

Come on man...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:31:41 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #218 on: March 27, 2019, 09:44:00 PM »

The Yak3 is an 18 eny plane just under the P51B with 2500 more kills and a .4 better K/D. How is that rational with the current stats every month? The 190D is a 12 eny plane that achieves 1000 more kills with a better or close K/D than the La7, P47M, F4U, K4, Nik, Ki84, better K/D than a P51D and spit16. And you guys think they are rated fairly?

Come on man...

I have made no statements about the fairness of the ratings but I see no reason to second guess Hitech. I'm just trying to help you make a better argument.

Do you think a fair rating would result in equal statistics regardless of pilot?   Two different pilots in the same plane have different statistics so what does that prove about the plane? You want to compare it to different planes with other different pilots and then somehow everything should equal out because of perks? How does that make any sense? You have too many variables.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2019, 12:06:26 PM »
FLS,

If you look at Viol's request from the perspective that we are playing a sport game and not flying airplanes to shoot each other down, it makes sense what he is requesting. At the end, we are in a competition just like any online sporting game. Most online combat games are structured like a sport game anyway. In some ways this reminds me of tennis singles players. He wants the field adjusted based on a relationship of player choice of game play tools to acheive their outcomes to how he views his outcomes. They are running away from him and not playing to his strengths on the game field. He is not getting his dollar's worth while it appears they are happy with theirs. He wants the governing body to review the current paradigm from his perspective to make changes. 

This post is 15 pages in and is reducing to finger pointing and hijacking. I can remember 2 maybe 3 major perk and ENY adjustments by Hitech over the last 17 years. The rest of the wishlist postings have gone like this one.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2019, 02:04:13 PM »
not an issue for me.  5% of my deaths are by Dora. 4% of my kills are doras. 

They're tough to catch, and easy to avoid.  :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2019, 02:19:58 PM »
FLS,

If you look at Viol's request from the perspective that we are playing a sport game and not flying airplanes to shoot each other down, it makes sense what he is requesting. At the end, we are in a competition just like any online sporting game. Most online combat games are structured like a sport game anyway. In some ways this reminds me of tennis singles players. He wants the field adjusted based on a relationship of player choice of game play tools to acheive their outcomes to how he views his outcomes. They are running away from him and not playing to his strengths on the game field. He is not getting his dollar's worth while it appears they are happy with theirs. He wants the governing body to review the current paradigm from his perspective to make changes. 

This post is 15 pages in and is reducing to finger pointing and hijacking. I can remember 2 maybe 3 major perk and ENY adjustments by Hitech over the last 17 years. The rest of the wishlist postings have gone like this one.

Nonsense. You would have a point if we were discussing dueling. It's a poor argument for the MA.

The thing about perks and ENY is that they aren't meant to make things fair, that's a pipe dream however desirable, perks and ENY work to reduce unfairness and that's the best we can hope for.  The downside is losing players because of perks and ENY so it's not an issue to play "let's see what happens" with.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #222 on: March 28, 2019, 02:25:48 PM »
Let's see what happens if we lock every toy in the MA but the I-16.  :D

On the other hand ......

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2019, 02:26:37 PM »
Let's see what happens if we lock every toy in the MA but the I-16.  :D

On the other hand ......

That's a bit extreme.  Just perk everything with an ENY less than 40.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2019, 02:40:14 PM »
That's a bit extreme.  Just perk everything with an ENY less than 40.

Wiley.

Yes. This way people will realize how good the Yak7 is.  :rock
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com