Author Topic: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters  (Read 37447 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters
« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2019, 08:32:25 PM »
Well the first one is easy to answer. Look at the changes at the radar and the gv icons. Oh boy. If you change anything in this game everyone riots.

For the second one I have no exact stats. But from observations in the game you can clearly see people getting frustrated, I known about at least 5 players close to me that the "pick tards" where there main reason to leave the game.

So people don't all want the same changes. Good to know.   :D

Most of the arenas are narrowly focused compared to the MA. You can't expect a nice duel in the MA but they happen sometimes. In the match arena they can happen every time. Different arena, different expectations.

Part of what's great about the MA is that everybody has a certain amount of freedom to play the game they want to play. I agree that some people are not fun to fight. Being fun to fight results in more fights, but you can't force people to be fun. The correct way to change a player's behavior in the MA is to change your behavior so that they respond differently. If you don't want to do that then that's your choice. If you can't find a good fight you only need to convince one person to go to the match arena with you. If you can't find one player that wants to play with you maybe you need to think about that.

Not you personally.  :aok

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2019, 08:36:42 PM »
Well the first one is easy to answer. Look at the changes at the radar and the gv icons. Oh boy. If you change anything in this game everyone riots.

For the second one I have no exact stats. But from observations in the game you can clearly see people getting frustrated, I known about at least 5 players close to me that the "pick tards" where there main reason to leave the game.

The people who play a multiplayer game and demand 2 player game play REALLY confuse me.  We are not Chuck Norris.  The bad guys are not going to line up in an orderly fashion to fight us one at a time.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2019, 09:00:02 PM »
Yet another "play the game how I want you to play" thread poorly disguised as how to improve the game.

No one has yet posted how the Dora unfairly unbalances the game play and needs to be perked.  The stats posted by Lusche clearly show the Dora does not unbalance the game play and the only plane the Dora dominates is the N1K2 by a small margin. 

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #258 on: March 28, 2019, 09:10:34 PM »
We'd all like the game to be fun for everybody. That's why you two guys should stop playing like you do and play differently.  :aok

Sound like fun?

so if they have to change there game play does that make them happy?  that's a odd statement to make.  much like when you complain you cant get a fight cause every one runs, so some smart person tells you to fly a slower plane?  that's no really the fun I was looking for, more so I want the guy to fight me that's the closet. 
I agree with violator in everything he has said.   I much don't care what some one else wants to fly but with limited numbers of players you are forced to fight where the fight is.  there is a certain group of yaks that fly for rooks.  go fight err I mean chase them for a while.  there are other 190d pilots and 51 pilots on the nit side that are one pass and extend 5k if they are the only ones in the area.  ITS BORING AF!  now again I don't care what some one wants to fly but by obvious choice of there own they are ruining the game for many others.  and it sucks. 
like dutch I use to love when a cv pulled up and there was a 20 min brawl of nothing but turny planes.  those were the best.  now its pretty much like violator said one turn and burn unless they have help.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #259 on: March 28, 2019, 09:14:17 PM »
That was rhetorical. Sorry you didn't get it.

What is your solution?

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2019, 09:53:53 PM »
That was rhetorical. Sorry you didn't get it.

What is your solution?

Violator has been suggesting a solution, you do not agree with that solution.  Flippz has said he agrees with Violator.

Why do you need to ask what the solution is again?

The fact is dealing with a hit and run player is ok now and then.  But when most of the players are doing it then it becomes tiresome.  Limiting the number of HIGH POWERED hit and run fighters is likely to lead to less of the player base doing it.

Many players are frustrated by it.  Yes, it is behavioural but HTC can put mechanisms on place to limit the behaviour.

Note, it does not stop players employing this flight style,  it means they need to be more skilled / disciplined as if they make a mistake in the lesser BnZ planes they can be caught and shot down.  Currently they can simply escape with ease and that is not good for anyone.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2019, 10:24:41 PM »
The problem is you can't catch them in a slower plane? Fly a faster plane.

But you want to catch them while flying a slower plane. OK then, make everybody else change.

Good plan.  :D

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2019, 10:33:58 PM »
I already stated in this thread that these people just run at the sight of a co alt fast plane.  I also stated that I do fly the 51 which is capable of running people down but not if they run at the first contact of 6k out.

Look at it from another perspective.  A mediocre pilot can eventually beat a better pilot simply by doing high speed passes, hit and run, and get hits now and again until they do enough damage.

What we woukd like to see is that pilot require more skill to stay alive rather than 'beast' their way out of trouble.  Surely that is not a bad thing.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2019, 10:35:12 PM »
The problem is you can't catch them in a slower plane? Fly a faster plane.

But you want to catch them while flying a slower plane. OK then, make everybody else change.

Sometimes it pains me to agree with FLS, but this time I do.

- oldman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2019, 10:35:29 PM »
Violator has been suggesting a solution, you do not agree with that solution.  Flippz has said he agrees with Violator.

Why do you need to ask what the solution is again?

The fact is dealing with a hit and run player is ok now and then.  But when most of the players are doing it then it becomes tiresome.  Limiting the number of HIGH POWERED hit and run fighters is likely to lead to less of the player base doing it.

Many players are frustrated by it.  Yes, it is behavioural but HTC can put mechanisms on place to limit the behaviour.

Note, it does not stop players employing this flight style,  it means they need to be more skilled / disciplined as if they make a mistake in the lesser BnZ planes they can be caught and shot down.  Currently they can simply escape with ease and that is not good for anyone.

My Mustang is safe then.   Rock on.   :rock
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #265 on: March 28, 2019, 10:36:10 PM »

Sometimes it pains me to agree with FLS, but this time I do.

- oldman

I've been feeling that way a lot in this thread. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #266 on: March 28, 2019, 10:39:41 PM »
I already stated in this thread that these people just run at the sight of a co alt fast plane.  I also stated that I do fly the 51 which is capable of running people down but not if they run at the first contact of 6k out.

Look at it from another perspective.  A mediocre pilot can eventually beat a better pilot simply by doing high speed passes, hit and run, and get hits now and again until they do enough damage.

What we woukd like to see is that pilot require more skill to stay alive rather than 'beast' their way out of trouble.  Surely that is not a bad thing.

Of course it's a bad thing. You want to coerce behavior you can't manage on your own. The game is too challenging and you want it to be easier. I get that. Somebody should stop people from playing the way they choose to play so that you can play the way you choose to play. I felt the same way 20 years ago.  :cheers:

My solution is to offer training to people who want to get better.   :joystick:

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #267 on: March 28, 2019, 10:42:13 PM »
Of course it's a bad thing. You want to coerce behavior you can't manage on your own. The game is too challenging and you want it to be easier. I get that. Somebody should stop people from playing the way they choose to play so that you can play the way you choose to play. I felt the same way 20 years ago.  :cheers:

My solution is to offer training to people who want to get better.   :joystick:
Are you even reading the words I  write

Boarding a flight home.  Will respnod to this later

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2019, 10:55:05 PM »
Are you even reading the words I  write

Do you think you're difficult to understand or is it the curious assumption that understanding your opinion mandates agreement?

I'm guessing you skimmed the thread.

You want other people to accept getting shot down more often. Another awesome plan.  :D

Try fighting each other in the match arena. Expert opponents, no running.   :aok

That gives you what you want, or is there more? 

Edit: On the fun issue, is the mediocre pilot who escapes having fun?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:26:40 PM by FLS »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #269 on: March 28, 2019, 10:58:50 PM »
Do you think you're difficult to understand or is it the curious assumption that understanding your opinion mandates agreement?

I'm guessing you skimmed the thread.

You want other people to accept getting shot down more often. Another awesome plan.  :D

Try fighting each other in the match arena. Expert opponents, no running.   :aok

That gives you what you want, or is there more?

Reminds me of why I blocked FLS to begin with.  I unblocked for a few hours........

*Revert*

”KILLER V”
The Damned