Author Topic: Late war Plane dillema  (Read 39744 times)

Offline novice

• Copper Member
Re: Late war Plane dillema
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2019, 10:11:44 PM »
Point is some people just play like that and its not fun. No other complaint, and I did not say he hoed me I basicaly killed mysef because he would not make a move. Dont blame him for anything.

Ki-84 is easy mode , dont question your knowledge of the subject just I dont see no one flying them, or I should say not as often.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 10:14:46 PM by novice »

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2019, 10:21:38 PM »
If a pilot has alt and dives in to attack and is going way to fast to turn fight what are they supposed to do?

As of this point I'm unsure what they are supposed to do because the issue is not as static as some are making it out to be. It's pretty dynamic and there is no one single approach that is going to work because a wide brush doesn't bother with the details of a setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2019, 10:43:44 PM »
Well I guess you are waiting for me to say this so here it goes:

Nothing I expect them to bnz me all day long.....

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2019, 10:44:50 PM »
Well I guess you are waiting for me to say this so here it goes:

Nothing I expect them to bnz me all day long.....

no not at all, it was a genuine question and not a loaded one.

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2019, 11:02:10 PM »
Ohh sorry,

I know 190 be stupid to turn in any way but 51 somewhat ,but yak3 and spit16 are capable of turning with ki, at least for a turn or two. But these guys flew like its skys over berlin 1944 One swoop and gone.

Its just booring as hell, honestly that sortie lasted 9 min if I did not record that i would say that was 20 min it was so boring.

I just thougt the clip is in my opinion a representative of what some ppl are complaining about.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2019, 11:14:40 PM »
The complaint isn't a mystery that requires video.  :D

Here's a little thought experiment. Imagine the game play you call lame is actually normal, historically accurate, behavior in the MA. Now, instead of complaining about it, you try to figure out how to counter these frustrating tactics without calling on a higher power.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 12:08:44 AM by FLS »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2019, 11:58:31 PM »
Sure he shouldnt have gone vertical for the spit, but I can see his point. HO attempt after HO attempt. Both of the first two guys had the advantage, as well as the spit, and ALL went for the HO. After that the others didnt engage, they ran. Typical game play these days. Boring, frustrating, and more than likely something that will make a player look for a new game to play.

i have never and i can swear this on a an ah manual, i have never ho'd a guy who wasnt coming straight at me, and I can guarantee you that nobody in this game has ever ho'd a plane that wasnt coming at him.

years ago when i used to fly the spit8 and i was semi-ok, i once got into a fight with about 8 fighters, i got 3 of them just by luck and I was never ho'd once, because if i saw a plane coming straight at me, i would turn dive, go left or right, but not once was I ho'd. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2019, 01:22:37 AM »
if they ran, there would not have been repeat attempts at the HO.

Perhaps I'm seeing it wrong.

It was more of the case that the 3 bandits don't know to properly use Boom and Zoom tactics.  BnZ, properly done, is an aggressive tactic used to deplete the opponents energy to set up the killing shot.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2019, 10:21:36 AM »
It was more of the case that the 3 bandits don't know to properly use Boom and Zoom tactics.  BnZ, properly done, is an aggressive tactic used to deplete the opponents energy to set up the killing shot.

I agree, my point was that there wasn't a hit and run going on in the film.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2019, 10:38:06 AM »
The video shows a classic situation. The player picks a slower plane that turns better and complains that faster planes choose appropriate tactics.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2019, 10:39:35 AM »
The video shows a classic situation. The player picks a slower plane that turns better and complains that faster planes choose appropriate tactics.

Perk every plane that flies faster than an I-16! :old:

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2019, 10:56:59 AM »

Disagree.  The Yak3 and Spit16 are both at least as dogfight-capable as the Frank.  They were just moving on for easier picks.  I'm assuming that both were piloted by relatively inexperienced people, so there's nothing per se wrong with that, but I don't consider that they were using appropriate tactics.

- oldman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2019, 11:48:16 AM »
Look at the energy difference. The OP was low and slow in a 4 cannon plane that's a better slow turner and he wasn't the only threat or target.

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2019, 12:10:16 PM »
I started low and climbed to 9k while evading attacs and my speed was above 200 and peaked at 230. And no Ki has 2 cannons

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2019, 12:46:43 PM »
I started low and climbed to 9k while evading attacs and my speed was above 200 and peaked at 230. And no Ki has 2 cannons

Good catch. It's the Nik2 with 4. My point remains with 2 less cannon. You put yourself in a position where the bandits can dictate the fight and you didn't like their choices.