Author Topic: Exploit.  (Read 9458 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: Exploit.
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2019, 10:34:26 AM »
Really, Mr. 'perfectly logical argument?' What button/setting do you recommend that makes 100% sure that your squadie/friend's vox (on his end) will always be louder or more clear than a supposed pre-set engine noise that can't be turned down without turning everything else down? No, seriously. Help me out here.  :D

*Keep in mind that I still want the other noises - I just want to hear vox .... clearly.  :aok

There is a setting to reduce game sounds to a set value when there is an incoming vox message. I remember I had to key my mic at least once after ahiii came out to trigger it though. Not at a computer to see where it is set. Unless you were referring to something else.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:02:33 AM by TheBug »
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2019, 10:43:42 AM »
To go along with the sound modifications, an air start procedure could be added. Making it risky to perform an air start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More to the point, make it a somewhat long and involved process to airstart an engine.  Just starting your engine on the ground in an aircraft is a process that can take between several seconds and several minutes - much longer than just pressing an 'e' key.  In the air, the procedure takes some concentration and you are generally looking into the cockpit.  With just a mapped key which might even be mapped to a stick or throttle you don't have that issue.  The airstart checklists for most aircraft I've flown generally take around 20 - 60 seconds to complete (multi-crew cockpit).

Mike

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2019, 11:09:08 AM »
More to the point, make it a somewhat long and involved process to airstart an engine.  Just starting your engine on the ground in an aircraft is a process that can take between several seconds and several minutes - much longer than just pressing an 'e' key.  In the air, the procedure takes some concentration and you are generally looking into the cockpit.  With just a mapped key which might even be mapped to a stick or throttle you don't have that issue.  The airstart checklists for most aircraft I've flown generally take around 20 - 60 seconds to complete (multi-crew cockpit).

Mike

Because making the game intricately harder is the key to player retention and attraction?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2019, 11:43:06 AM »
Because making the game intricately harder is the key to player retention and attraction?

And one false move and you're not going home after making a typo.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2019, 12:43:40 PM »
And one false move and you're not going home after making a typo.

Aye.  :cheers:

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2019, 03:11:53 PM »

Look at DCS they have a huge player base and that game does have the 10 min checklist to start the engine.
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2019, 04:24:01 PM »

Mike

It's unlikely our air start will ever take longer than our ground start.   :salute

Look at DCS they have a huge player base and that game does have the 10 min checklist to start the engine.

Win key + home key starts everything in DCS.  I'm guessing the guys that do the full start aren't taking bases or rushing back to furballs.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2019, 05:26:56 PM »

Ah, but his ain't DCS. :D

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2019, 07:24:11 PM »
I got a check list to start the engine. 3 items on it.

1.  bathroom run check
2.  beer on desk check
3.  press e

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2019, 09:07:18 PM »
Ah, but his ain't DCS. :D

It's true, but I doubt very much that Tishin will ever allow DCS to become anything like AH. The developers for the Addon Mods are starving companies with very little money to be had, and the real money comes from their military trainers (although, you would have to pay just to find out what they are like). DCS would be a lot more fun if it would adopt the HTC approach to arena play, and HTC would make more money if they adopted the DCS approach to module sales. At some point though the drive for dollars choke out the market, which is why payware games (micro-transactions) are killing the game industry. The worst thing a game developer can possibly do is develop a game for a particular userbase, and then strip out items of the game to be sold in microtransactions. Yet, this is exactly what Steam users are asking HTC to do to "save" AH.

It's my opinion that the next best thing for HTC to do would be to start building combat arenas based on the Pacific theater for DCS type gameplay, but unfortunately it will be years from now before enough aircraft are available to use DCS as a starting place. If you love ACM then AH3 is the best place to be. Those other games are just fluff. That said, I would love to have the option for cockpit realism. Some fluff is a good thing, which is why I think AH3 has the best sound engine going (yes, I have dealt with DCS before), and potentially that could make the difference. Remember, sound is half the experience.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2019, 11:35:23 AM »
Lunatic had the answer way back on page 4.

"I'm not going to read all 4 pages-so i'll just say this-> turn you're head  around often-watch the radar, is con's within 3 k of you-*and don't fly strait for more than 30 seconds. no ones fought but your own."

I can't believe a topic like this can garner 10 pages of replies. Who cares if you turn your engine off?
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2019, 03:03:15 PM »

I can't believe a topic like this can garner 10 pages of replies. Who cares if you turn your engine off?

Your not doing it right, this forum has very high standards when it comes to rate of Blather
Pies not kicks.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2019, 03:13:06 PM »
Your not doing it right, this forum has very high standards when it comes to rate of Blather

No it doesn't.  :rofl

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2019, 12:34:55 AM »
If you are relying on engine noise to know that you have somebody closing on your six from above...well...good luck with that.  :salute
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24