Author Topic: Exploit.  (Read 9565 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Exploit.
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2019, 02:47:36 PM »
So is having the engine noise pumped through your headset.  ;)

That's just an option in Aces High. It's also a ridiculous argument considering the actual noise level.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2019, 02:54:49 PM »
That's just an option in Aces High. It's also a ridiculous argument considering the actual noise level.

Really, Mr. 'perfectly logical argument?' What button/setting do you recommend that makes 100% sure that your squadie/friend's vox (on his end) will always be louder or more clear than a supposed pre-set engine noise that can't be turned down without turning everything else down? No, seriously. Help me out here.  :D

*Keep in mind that I still want the other noises - I just want to hear vox .... clearly.  :aok

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2019, 03:21:42 PM »
Nobody asked for that.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2019, 04:16:04 PM »
Nobody asked for that.

To go along with the sound modifications, an air start procedure could be added. Making it risky to perform an air start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2019, 05:03:11 PM »
Ok so my idea stunk 😊
I do think killing engine during t&b fight gives unreal advantage to few who know how to use it
<S>
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2019, 05:55:49 PM »
Really, Mr. 'perfectly logical argument?' What button/setting do you recommend that makes 100% sure that your squadie/friend's vox (on his end) will always be louder or more clear than a supposed pre-set engine noise that can't be turned down without turning everything else down? No, seriously. Help me out here.  :D

*Keep in mind that I still want the other noises - I just want to hear vox .... clearly.  :aok

Use a USB headset.  You would then be able to select vox to use the USB headset and have game sounds use your regular sound card.  This way vox comes in crystal clear without the interference of the game sounds.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2019, 06:04:20 PM »
Use a USB headset.  You would then be able to select vox to use the USB headset and have game sounds use your regular sound card.  This way vox comes in crystal clear without the interference of the game sounds.

I have a USB wireless headset. How can I use it in such a way that everyone I hear has the same clarity and volume since that is out of my control?

'You're coming in faint, South.'

'Loud as I can scream, Guth'

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2019, 06:12:25 PM »
Why not start a thread about that since this is the completely unrelated exploit thread?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2019, 06:13:56 PM »
Why not start a thread about that since this is the exploit thread?

The exploit thread about sound and ways it is exploited and 'fixes' and stuff. ;)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2019, 06:30:39 PM »
The point is nobody is asking for any changes that would affect anyone's ability to hear vox. Yet you keep posting as if that is a problem.

If you don't know how to adjust voice settings that's a separate issue.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2019, 06:33:30 PM »
The point is nobody is asking for any changes that would affect anyone's ability to hear vox. Yet you keep posting as if that is a problem.

If you don't know how to adjust voice settings that's a separate issue.

Easy, Mongo. Like all participants, I added my own perspective to the issue. It wasn't a challenge to your manhood. ;)

"The actual fix would be removing the ability to adjust sound levels." - FLS
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 06:37:24 PM by Arlo »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2019, 06:45:27 PM »
I already answered that, you took it out of context again, it refers specifically to internal vs external engine sounds.   

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2019, 06:48:02 PM »
I already answered that, you took it out of context again, it refers specifically to internal vs external engine sounds.

Apology accepted. Now un-puff a little.  :)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2019, 11:35:59 PM »
Now it is a comedy thread.  :rofl :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2019, 11:41:41 PM »

After a great deal of consideration I think Hitech already uses the best system possible. I won't go into details.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.