Author Topic: Exploit.  (Read 9466 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: Exploit.
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2019, 12:42:31 AM »
i'm not going to read all 4 pages-so i'll just say this-> turn you're head  around often-watch the radar, is con's within 3 k of you-*and don't fly strait for more than 30 seconds. no ones fought but your own.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2019, 02:52:16 AM »
Taka taka taka taka
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2019, 07:12:59 AM »
I have an exploit that defeats this exploit Joach!  :D  I turn and look over my right and or left shoulder occasionally.  Don't tell anyone though bro!   We will be gods in the arena!!!  :banana:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2019, 02:41:29 AM »
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure WWI pilots would turn off their engine when diving on an enemy. Galand said that when closed cockpits became a thing most fighter pilots didn't like the idea of a closed cockpit because for one thing you couldn't smell the enemy planes.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2019, 10:24:08 AM »
WW1 pilots had to avoid over speeding the propeller in a dive. This is modeled in AH if you turn the engine governor off. If you had a rotary engine turning the engine off and on for throttle control was normal.

This also affects the Storch since it has a fixed pitch propeller.

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2019, 11:21:48 AM »
Seriously...is this really an issue??? Keep your clipboard up on screen so you can see an incoming plane icon due to proximity dar. Use your situational awareness in general. I'll be the first to admit I get pissed when I get jumped, but it's not due to lack of hearing the sound of the aircraft.

While it may be poor sportsmanship to use this tactic it's how players game the game. No different than certain GV'ers that have their sounds tweaked, turn down graphics, use gamma, etc etc.

You wanna fix something - get rid of the GVDar and the proximity radar for planes to start. Those 2 things alone killed off missions, lost players to the game and has far more of an effect.

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2019, 06:35:26 PM »
I have an exploit that defeats this exploit Joach!  :D  I turn and look over my right and or left shoulder occasionally.  Don't tell anyone though bro!   We will be gods in the arena!!!  :banana:
:aok
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2019, 06:48:26 PM »
Keep your clipboard up on screen so you can see an incoming plane icon due to proximity dar.

That was my first thought when reading this thread. Who needs to listen or even look around for enemy cons when you have the new AH tailwarning radar?  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2019, 07:36:25 PM »
i'm not going to read all 4 pages-so i'll just say this-> turn you're head  around often-watch the radar, is con's within 3 k of you-*and don't fly strait for more than 30 seconds. no ones fought but your own.

...and do frequent belly checks.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2019, 07:38:18 PM »
...and do frequent belly checks.

Man you sound like my doctor!!!

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2019, 03:59:52 PM »
Woah.  I know you from The Sig Forum.    :O

Afraid not - not on any such forum (Sig Sauer, I presume?)

Mike

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2019, 09:01:19 PM »
The turning off engine while diving in on someone’s tail (so there is no audio cue of any plane near you) is extremely gamey and broken. I can think of a few way to potentially fix this idea.

1. Somewhere code in the enemy engine sound file still plays while their aircraft is flying over an “x” amount of airspeed.

2. Make it so engine shutdown and start up become extremely longer making less of an option that people will want to use.
Get better SA.
Its been a thing since I joined AH back in AH 1 days.
I loved to hear someone turn off their engine or see one diving in on me without it on. That means they're bleeding E like a sieve. Then you E fight them. Win every time.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2019, 10:27:03 AM »
Get better SA.
Its been a thing since I joined AH back in AH 1 days.
I loved to hear someone turn off their engine or see one diving in on me without it on. That means they're bleeding E like a sieve. Then you E fight them. Win every time.
Pleasent surprise seeing your name on the reply... Hope all is well.

the people diving in with engine off manage to still have more E from their dive than I still would have after avoiding their first attack. :/
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2019, 10:42:25 AM »
Pleasent surprise seeing your name on the reply... Hope all is well.

the people diving in with engine off manage to still have more E from their dive than I still would have after avoiding their first attack. :/

The secret is to feather your prop on the way down.  Or so I'm told...  :bolt:

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2019, 10:55:07 AM »
The secret is to feather your prop on the way down.  Or so I'm told...  :bolt:

Wiley.

Disclaimer: For best results, feather it to the point of compression.