Author Topic: Exploit.  (Read 9792 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Exploit.
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2019, 03:13:15 PM »
I have done that before.  I got in a hurry and was trying to type a message, but missed the / key.  Partway through typing the message, my engine shut off and I got a message that I don't have a bomb bay to open.  I was able to turn the engine back on and continue. 

Then there was a another time that I was really low on fuel.  I turned my engine off to save the last of my fuel, and glided for twenty miles.  Then I restarted my engine and landed.

Same here. Both cases.  :)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2019, 04:06:42 PM »
And what is your justification for this?  I remind you that this game is built on a flight simulator.  The goal is to simulate the flight characteristics of a real airplane.  There is nothing to stop a real pilot in a real airplane from turning his engine off and then restarting it.  So what is your justification for creating this artificial limitation in the game.

Because AH isn't a totally accurate simulator.  Mechanical or other failures aren't modeled here.  A real pilot in a real airplane can turn his engine off, and most of the time it will restart.  But not always.  I think Puma mentioned this elsewhere.

- oldman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2019, 04:54:22 PM »

Because AH isn't a totally accurate simulator.  Mechanical or other failures aren't modeled here.  A real pilot in a real airplane can turn his engine off, and most of the time it will restart.  But not always.  I think Puma mentioned this elsewhere.

- oldman

They also frown on singing while your mic is keyed.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2019, 06:18:24 PM »
I need to turn sounds down because I can't turn voices up enough. Guess my hearing damage from my service days can't accommodate the frequencies needed to hear some of my squadies' (or other player's) verbal communication over the engine drone. Still gotta 'swivel-head' to avoid getting bounced (30 seconds more life). :)

there's an option to turn external sound of while vox is playing.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2019, 01:42:13 AM »

- oldman

Yeah, turning your engine off and then diving on a lower contact would be bad for your engine. Sometimes very bad. Can't be fixed with audio, either, because external sounds are tied to the engine while it is running only. If we could tie it to speed it would be different, but so far all attempts have broken.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2019, 08:25:34 AM »
Turning your engine noise level down is less likely in real aircraft than turning the engine off and on again.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2019, 10:29:36 AM »
Turning your engine noise level down is less likely in real aircraft than turning the engine off and on again.

So is having the engine noise pumped through your headset.  ;)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2019, 11:11:19 AM »
At least when you turn your engine off in flight your red map icon is still there....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2019, 12:26:54 PM »
At least when you turn your engine off in flight your red map icon is still there....
:aok Still cant hide your plane in trees though. :devil Ok, you can........but its not gonna restart :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2019, 12:55:58 PM »
You can park it in the bamboo thicket and shut down. And you can fire it up and fly away.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2019, 01:38:03 PM »
would it make more sense to have the engine sound be a constant or a predetermined percentage of other slider positions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2019, 01:41:11 PM »
would it make more sense to have the engine sound be a constant or a predetermined percentage of other slider positions?

Would that be more or less than the voice setting and by how much? Maybe the voice setting can be adjustable by an additional 100% and I can turn down everything else, equally?  :D

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2019, 01:43:22 PM »
in theory it would work as long as the sounds in question stay relative to each other.

Vox should always remain on it's own volume control.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2019, 02:35:56 PM »
I personally think the aircrafts engine volume should be a constant and if an option to raise or lower were to exist it should adjust all other volumes to keep them relative to the engine volume with an exception to the VOX volume.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2019, 02:43:34 PM »
I personally think the aircrafts engine volume should be a constant and if an option to raise or lower were to exist it should adjust all other volumes to keep them relative to the engine volume with an exception to the VOX volume.

Works for me (though I really do think this 'problem' is blown way outa proportion).  :)