Author Topic: none of my business, But  (Read 9490 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: none of my business, But
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2019, 08:26:44 PM »
How old is that kid? Just curious. It may revive hope in me.

Another ardent supporter looking for hope.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2019, 08:47:05 PM »
Another ardent supporter looking for hope.

Better to look for hope while bailing than looking over the side while pizzing.  :aok

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2019, 09:45:57 PM »

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2019, 09:56:09 PM »
Just some guy

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2019, 10:49:11 PM »

Excellent. You're obviously doing something right.  :aok

Online Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2019, 09:53:45 AM »
Heh, I wanted to do my own voiceover.

"Jaye refuses your bet, and increases it to $50.  You accept these new terms.  Jaye then turns on his new wall hack/aimbot that was just written 2 days ago and the Valve Anti Cheap hasn't caught up yet.  You get ponaed.  You cry.  Let's bet finds out that Jaye is using a Prepaid Mastercard, and a gamer specific VPN like Mudfish.  Let's bet tells you to get out your tough poop card, as they need to punch it for you.  You then receive an email asking you if you'd like to play/bet again."

Still, so long as nefarious players could be kept out, I could see some players that would like this, as any competitive endeavor changes and becomes more intense once some $ is on the line.  I do wonder about how many guys whine/flip out when they just plain die, then imagine adding losing money into the equation.  Worth a lot of laughs on the forum, if nothing else, should this come to pass.

Asymmetrical collision whining is going to need its own subforum.  Also client authoritative game + online gambling =...  Yeah.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2019, 10:07:08 AM »

My son was self-taught around age seven.    He picked out some games for his birthday.   I installed them and left him to his own devices.   Before I knew it he was doing offline NOE raids in G4Ms, jumping from gunner to gunner and pilot to bombardier like a duck to water.   I had to have him show me how Warbirds worked.    :rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2019, 01:37:58 PM »
euro times are pretty empty those days :(

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2019, 04:37:22 PM »
euro times are pretty empty those days :(

The euro player are not as good at getting others involved. Possibly a language barrier. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2019, 05:15:41 PM »
Riftval has a tiny central pond to keep task group transit time down really low to find the other task groups and have ship to ship combat. The players make sure the three task groups never see each other in that tiny central pond to my surprise. Guess I needed to make the pond even smaller to get ship combat out of the customers.

The task groups rarely leave the vicinity of their respective ports because the risks outweigh the rewards on the strategic level.
The strength of TGs is stealth, and on Rift everyone knows where the CV group is or must be. A CV group is much more valuable used in defense of its port under these circumstances. Making the pond smaller would make no difference unless, like on the Fester map, the CVs were forced to fight upon spawn-in. But that would probably require a larger map than current player numbers suggest would be optimal.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2019, 05:19:58 PM »
The euro player are not as good at getting others involved. Possibly a language barrier. :D

If she looks like Elke Sommer (back in the day) then the language problem isn't her's.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2019, 08:44:21 PM »
Lunatic,
You are passive aggressive attacking Hitech and his customers who are happy if you don't get any response from him. If he says nothing than you get to stir the pot and punish the current happy customers and help drive away potential customers since you aren't happy. If you don't get your happiness, no one will get their happiness while you hide behind: none of my business, But.....

You forgot Oceania, that's 3 terrains by me since 2016 and I'm working on a fourth. What have you done in all that time besides whine....

Bustr I'm not attacking anyone just asking a question--and I did list Oceania if you put you're glasses on and read my post again

Yes you can salt random barns and buildings around in AH3, Waffle didn't create any with holes in them. Between mountain ranges I take time to experiment with cutting out only tiny bits of the village tile. Think of a quilt with complex fixed patterns and you are laying it down on the terrain then painting out only the tiny pattern you want from the lower left middle quadrant of the quilt. The tiles to paint the terrain are just 1x1mile or 2x2mile quilts that repeat with fixed N\S orientation. The real trick is to make them look random including a tiny 660x660ft spot from a village 2x2 tile. 660sq is the smallest unit I have to work with becasue that is the size of the polygons the terrain is composed of. So it's lots of experimentation just to make it look random and natural. And your whining is insulting......

(Image removed from quote.)

Mountains and fjords take time to create. Laid down the keel on this terrain 2-23-19.

To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2019, 08:55:34 PM »
Lunatic,
You are passive aggressive attacking Hitech and his customers who are happy if you don't get any response from him. If he says nothing than you get to stir the pot and punish the current happy customers and help drive away potential customers since you aren't happy. If you don't get your happiness, no one will get their happiness while you hide behind: none of my business, But.....

You forgot Oceania, that's 3 terrains by me since 2016 and I'm working on a fourth. What have you done in all that time besides whine....

Yes you can salt random barns and buildings around in AH3, Waffle didn't create any with holes in them. Between mountain ranges I take time to experiment with cutting out only tiny bits of the village tile. Think of a quilt with complex fixed patterns and you are laying it down on the terrain then painting out only the tiny pattern you want from the lower left middle quadrant of the quilt. The tiles to paint the terrain are just 1x1mile or 2x2mile quilts that repeat with fixed N\S orientation. The real trick is to make them look random including a tiny 660x660ft spot from a village 2x2 tile. 660sq is the smallest unit I have to work with becasue that is the size of the polygons the terrain is composed of. So it's lots of experimentation just to make it look random and natural. And your whining is insulting......

Mountains and fjords take time to create. Laid down the keel on this terrain 2-23-19.

Bustr what in the heck are you talking about? I'm not whining about anything-I'm asking a simple question-HiTech doesn't have to answer to anything I ask-I was just curious. how am I ruining anything, I haven't said anything about anybody. and how am I driving away potential customers. I love this game always have and always will. unless my computer-internet goes out or I can no longer pay to play. and I like your terrains-and I have told you that.

AAIK said this-->

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 06:45:56 AM »

Back when the game started we had simpler and smaller maps (from my recollection). The stagnation of map making and player loss has compounded into a really nasty situation where players can't properly fill the maps. This position really puts the game in a not so ideal situation.

:old:

I assumed he meant AH3. except for your 3 maps and Buzzsaw- the rest of the maps we have are from AH2 except for terrain changes, I was wishing we had some of the stuff AH2 terrains had here in AH3 terrains. but like I said I will still play them.

you want to jump on somebody throwing discontent-look at Fugitive-it's like he can't wait for AH3 to shut down to somehow prove him right. he's the Doomsayer jump on him.
Riftval is the best terrain/map yet.

but I don't give a flip if you make another map or not-it's solely up to you-and I will play it, if I like it or not.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 09:09:04 PM by lunaticfringe »
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2019, 09:19:59 PM »
I have been working on integrating with This

HiTech

I meant no disrespect HiTech.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2019, 09:32:48 PM »
last week we had a new player-said he was going to quit and unload the game, me and another player went to help him to get flying again-and he did-2 hours later he said he was quitting because he ran out of ammo, I explained to him he had to be frugal with his ammo because he can run out, he logged out. a couple of days later he came back-he quit again after about an hour-called the game stupid and logged out.

what can you do?