Author Topic: Ok side assignments one more time (looky here).  (Read 4473 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ok side assignments one more time (looky here).
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2019, 11:13:52 AM »
Well, the difference in non-dedicated squads and dedicated squads is that one is dedicated to a specific aircraft or theater and the other is not. So, if they model their squad after a certain squad in real life, why shouldn't they be able to represent that squad or one like it in events? You said yourself that you would fly and die in anything, well some squads prefer to fly and die in specific planes (FW 190's, La-7's, P-47's, etc.). Like I said, it may not be the best way to do it. Luckily, most squadrons are not dedicated squads. We have 18 squads and only 8 of them are attached to a specific theater/aircraft. Even then, they are spread out (3 Luftwaffe, 2 US Navy, 2 USAAF, 1 VVS), so never should there be a time where these squads are not given their dedicated side because of other squadron requests.

I see your point and it is certainly valid. But, I find it unfair to disallow Luftwaffe squadrons the Luftwaffe because there are only three of them. The same applies to the Navy, US, and VVS squads. But, if the community would like to see Luftwaffe squads rotated out of the Luftwaffe every now and then, we can entertain that I suppose.
Never rotate someone just for the sake of doing it.  Only be open to it.  I think when there is a majority of squadrons wanting to fly one side or the other then there needs to be random choices made with everyone's name in the hat.  Make sense?  Do not want to start up anything more than that.  Focusing up on this Friday. 

See you guys up there,

Way

:salute

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2019, 11:48:05 AM »
Never rotate someone just for the sake of doing it.  Only be open to it.  I think when there is a majority of squadrons wanting to fly one side or the other then there needs to be random choices made with everyone's name in the hat.  Make sense?  Do not want to start up anything more than that.  Focusing up on this Friday. 

See you guys up there,

Way

It does make sense and you have good points. However, the random drawing should come after dedicated squads are placed, in my opinion. Then, any squads who did not get their requested side the previous month, should be given their requested side this particular month. After that, it can become random. Although there is the issue of side balancing, so only so much randomness can occur.

I will also add a counterpoint to one of Devil's points. Updating the plane preference is often not done until a squad is assigned a side. While it makes sense to announce your plane preferences along with your side preferences, it is not always done in this manner. Should it? It would be helpful, but the Admins can see who changed their preferences and who did not. So, it is somewhat of a moot point. Then there are squads that have no preferences at all such as 9GIAP. They are almost always No Preference and do not prefer an aircraft. Squads such as this do not need to update because they have no preference. It would be unfair to "punish" these squads because they did not update.

It should be known that Admins try as hard as they can to get squads where they want to be. Sometimes it does not work out for a squad or two. The only thing we can do is ensure that these squads are given what they want next month.

C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2019, 11:53:07 AM »
Please don't put us Allied unless I specifically request it...I have been very vocal about all this and do my part for changing up...We are back Axis again in FSO and intend on staying here until BoB 2020....I was late this month with update but did get it Sunday I believe.  sorry for any inconvenience from that....
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2019, 11:57:34 AM »
It does make sense and you have good points. However, the random drawing should come after dedicated squads are placed, in my opinion. Then, any squads who did not get their requested side the previous month, should be given their requested side this particular month. After that, it can become random. Although there is the issue of side balancing, so only so much randomness can occur.

I will also add a counterpoint to one of Devil's points. Updating the plane preference is often not done until a squad is assigned a side. While it makes sense to announce your plane preferences along with your side preferences, it is not always done in this manner. Should it? It would be helpful, but the Admins can see who changed their preferences and who did not. So, it is somewhat of a moot point. Then there are squads that have no preferences at all such as 9GIAP. They are almost always No Preference and do not prefer an aircraft. Squads such as this do not need to update because they have no preference. It would be unfair to "punish" these squads because they did not update.

It should be known that Admins try as hard as they can to get squads where they want to be. Sometimes it does not work out for a squad or two. The only thing we can do is ensure that these squads are given what they want next month.

I am going to say it.  I don't know how to phrase it any differently so don't take this wrong it is actually a compliment...You have become a bit more able to discuss stuff with folks without going off the chain since you have become an admin where in the past you and I would have just locked horns completely.  It's refreshing Perd.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2019, 01:01:10 PM »
I am going to say it.  I don't know how to phrase it any differently so don't take this wrong it is actually a compliment...You have become a bit more able to discuss stuff with folks without going off the chain since you have become an admin where in the past you and I would have just locked horns completely.  It's refreshing Perd.  :aok

Cheers  :cheers:
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2019, 12:41:03 AM »
Please don't put us Allied unless I specifically request it

...I cannot promise that puller but I get that you want Axis. I recall it came up before.  :salute
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2019, 07:58:28 AM »

...I cannot promise that puller but I get that you want Axis. I recall it came up before.  :salute

:salute :rock :rock :joystick: :airplane:
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2019, 12:20:50 PM »
I take back my salute...I got Allied orders (HUGE MIDDLE FINGER) Words cannot express my rage....I guess I should have reopened the freaking side assignments...

So pissed
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2019, 02:07:22 PM »
I take back my salute...I got Allied orders (HUGE MIDDLE FINGER) Words cannot express my rage....I guess I should have reopened the freaking side assignments...

So pissed

Lighten up, okie.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2019, 04:22:40 PM »
Lighten up, okie.

And your the CO of what squad again???...Oh yeah...Ur not...your a pilot...go on about spamming in every post and showing your true Texas azz...
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2019, 05:32:02 PM »
And your the CO of what squad again???...Oh yeah...Ur not...your a pilot...go on about spamming in every post and showing your true Texas azz...

I've been the C.O. I've not been (longer than have). You don't know what 'spamming' means but you sure know about being an arse.  :D

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2019, 07:58:59 PM »
I like bologna, sharp cheddar cheese, on a cracker with horse radish spread...

(oopsie, wrong thread)

:bolt:

See you cartoon killers in the cartoon skies in a bit!

:rock
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2019, 12:08:22 AM »
I thought you meant in the future Puller...I didn't mean for the mixup. Anyways I had to send both you and JG54 Allied this time. 11 of 18 requested Axis. That's not going to work. I can't possibly please all of you...read the posts. I don't sit here and try to ruin peoples FSO time.

Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Joker312

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2019, 08:21:24 AM »
Reading these posts it becomes apparent that we have a few here that think they have a right to be given their way ALL the time.

Sounds like a couple of children crying to mommy about nothing.

As Squire said, its a request not a guarantee.
Joker
80th FS "Headhunters"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2019, 09:20:49 AM »
It’s not crying to mommy about what cartoon plane we get to fly. It’s being tired of swapping g to even sides to only be given crappy rides. Or when others have bigger numbers and never volunteer to swap or others that are dedicated side flyers that instantly given certain planes. Stop with the crying comments until you go back three years and follow what puller had done to even things up and rides he’s taken for the sake of evening things. Go back three years and look at our squad numbers and compare them to now. They didn’t get that way because every one was having a ball.