Author Topic: Another 737 down  (Read 32870 times)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: Another 737 down
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2019, 06:38:54 AM »
Wow, so humble.  :rolleyes:

OK, since you can fix ANYTHING with only a wiring schematic.  Here's one I had to fix the other day.  MD-82, JT8D-217 engines. #1 engine will not accelerate past idle.  OK, Mr. fix anything, how do I fix this? What's my first troubleshooting step?

Hint: You don't need the wiring schematic, it's not an electrical problem.

First troubleshooting step would be to check fuel to the engine. But that’s what I would do without all of the training you have received. Id need to be in front of it not over a computer. So you can tout how wrong I am etc.
it’s not about being humble. It’s about being confident in your abilities. As I sure you are aswell.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 07:46:59 AM by ACE »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2019, 12:52:05 PM »
quick question. you guys have mentioned several times that trained pilots should have been able to handle the malfunction or however you want to call it.

why are the planes grounded?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2019, 01:02:19 PM »
quick question. you guys have mentioned several times that trained pilots should have been able to handle the malfunction or however you want to call it.

semp

I believe they stated earlier that it is political.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2019, 01:07:28 PM »

semp

Knee jerk reaction by politicians.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2019, 01:18:12 PM »

That’s why you have a pilot. 

When HAL tries to close the pod bay doors you need a human to solve the problem.

based on what you guys have said here and again most of what you post I think wtf are they talking about. as like I said I know nothing about it.

why do I get the feeling that if Dave had died because hal9000 didn't open the doors, that you would blame him for not bringing his helmet.

semp

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2019, 01:28:13 PM »
Boeing gave $100,000 to Trump's election committee so Trump grounded the fleet to save Boeing from being witch hunted by the media. So far the attacks on Boeing have been light and not really gaining traction and Boeing gave up one executive's head to the media who fell on his sword per the boards direction while giving away an elective upgrade for the MCAS. US airline pilots had no problem flying the MAX as is since it's inception. Ethiopia put up a stink becasue, who will pay for an investment that huge in that tiny country other than trying to use the international media to fleece Boeing to cover their poor maintenance and none existent quality training. Lion Air has known problems with maintenance and training. Past this semp you are just trolling to see if you can get anyone to loose their cookies.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2019, 01:55:39 PM »
I'm not trolling buster as a passenger I'm concerned. that's the only reason I'm posting.

from a pure passenger point if vie and I mean only my point if view. I see a bit if arrogance in some here.

what I see is if there's a problem we can trained to handle it and not we can handle the problem but it should also be fixed.  that bothers me.

let me tell you why.  I'm afraid of flying, but I will fly if I have to. when I was in the marines while everybody else carried ammo food, whatever.  I carried barf bags. and trust me I never had enough.

I would rather have a pilot that says I can handle this situation but it should be fixed than a pilot that sees a problem and says I can handle it.

semp

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2019, 02:41:07 PM »
I'm not trolling buster as a passenger I'm concerned. that's the only reason I'm posting.

from a pure passenger point if vie and I mean only my point if view. I see a bit if arrogance in some here.

what I see is if there's a problem we can trained to handle it and not we can handle the problem but it should also be fixed.  that bothers me.

let me tell you why.  I'm afraid of flying, but I will fly if I have to. when I was in the marines while everybody else carried ammo food, whatever.  I carried barf bags. and trust me I never had enough.

I would rather have a pilot that says I can handle this situation but it should be fixed than a pilot that sees a problem and says I can handle it.

semp

Semp, it became clear from the outset that some organization had decided it was the airplane that was completely at fault and the media ran with only that as ammunition. Normally accidents lead to a comprehensive unbiased investigation of any and all factors that may have contributed to the crash. That did not happen. The authorities from the FAA to the president were left with no other political choice but to ground the fleet since "everyone" had concluded it was a design fault in the 737-Max. Those most qualified people able to get to the bottom of all elements that contributed to the crash have not be heard from.

I believe I can say and I hope my fellow airmen will agree, while this abnormality (note I did not say emergency) would have been a pain-in-the-ass if it happened to me at work, I honestly believe it would have been a return to land and of course, a call to my wife that I'll be later than planned getting home.

Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2019, 02:43:27 PM »
I believe they stated earlier that it is political.
More than half the country and the FAA believe “they” are wrong, thankfully.

The Few

-Spek

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2019, 02:52:07 PM »
but do you think this abnormality while rare should be fixed now that while rare it may happen again.

semp

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2019, 03:11:46 PM »
but do you think this abnormality while rare should be fixed now that while rare it may happen again.

semp
Yes.

The Few

-Spek

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2019, 03:50:30 PM »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2019, 04:28:21 PM »

semp

There are no perfect planes, cars. or boats. All you can do is train pilots to handle any situation that may occur.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2019, 04:29:49 PM »
More than half the country and the FAA believe “they” are wrong, thankfully.

They should learn to fly the plane....
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2019, 04:31:54 PM »

semp

It could have been fixed if the pilots did not destroy the plane. It is part of maintenance.
80th FS "Headhunters"