Author Topic: Thoughts.  (Read 23159 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Thoughts.
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2019, 05:16:28 PM »
Cruel?   Like the heartbreak of auto-login?   :cry

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2019, 10:03:49 PM »
Some hotdog needs to invite this guy back for a ride along.. really get the feel of the game

who is/was this clown
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2019, 10:32:19 AM »
who is/was this clown

Pretty much he is 73 percent of attention seeking non journalist media people. Whether a wanna be reality TV star or a YouTube  influencer. Their shtick is to get half of viewers to hate them and the other half to go "right on man," by deploying childish snark, foul language, preening bellicosity, stupid logic or good old fashioned straw man/conflict intensification. Sort of like Zack :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank:
Pies not kicks.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2019, 11:05:38 AM »
I don't really use offline, if AI was easier to use or had a coherent range of missions to pick from that emphasized combat over navigation I would. I don't think logging in would be a deterrent, I don't really know if there is a point to having offline game play anymore, what would be available that wouldn't be better on your servers anyway?
Pies not kicks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2019, 11:42:58 AM »
Pretty much he is 73 percent of attention seeking non journalist media people.

Agreed.

But do you think his experience was much different than the the 85% of new players that download the game and don't have a joystick or a clue, experience?

Watch it again and turn off the sound so you don't hear his annoying voice.  I'll bet you a beer that is exactly the experience that most new players have with the game. 

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2019, 12:01:56 PM »
Agreed.

But do you think his experience was much different than the the 85% of new players that download the game and don't have a joystick or a clue, experience?

Watch it again and turn off the sound so you don't hear his annoying voice.  I'll bet you a beer that is exactly the experience that most new players have with the game. 

You are 100% correct, except that many players don’t even get airborne.    They ditch in the grass off the runway or sit at the spawn firing their guns while motionless. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2019, 12:09:06 PM »
Cruel?   Like the heartbreak of auto-login?   :cry

Test flights on new terrain with lots of crashes. "You have trouble landing. Please do 10 touchandgoes before continuing." Cruel.

Internet down, can't fly online (yes, internet down happens, at least communication to HTC servers). Can't even spend the time planned to fly shooting offline drones. Cruel.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2019, 12:19:34 PM »
My thoughts are training and easier default setups for controls would be a plus.  There are some game mechanics that will really turn heads of people looking for action in the MA (the arena they pay for, that pays you).  Want me to list the three big ones?  :uhoh

I look for you when I am online, and would love to show you what I consider huge faults in the current pay to play arena.  If you want to setup a time to play together it would take about an hour.  Ill even open a 2nd account to be able to access all sides of the arena, to show you that one country is almost ALWAYS at a disadvantage to locating $14.95  worth of fun, in a great game.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 12:27:26 PM by Lazerr »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2019, 12:21:44 PM »

In the last 100 days aprox 40,000 people have installed Aces High, 20,000 new people have created accounts and entered an arena. Of the people entering the arena 65% are gone and do never reenter by the 10 minute mark of being in the arena. 75% are gone after 30 Minutes.

[...]

Also not only about 15% of people who try AH have Joy Sticks.

[...]

We used to run between a 10 to 12% conversion rate from entering an arena to subscriber. My goal currently is to substantially raise my current conversion rate which is around 1%.

(Emphasis added by me.)

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,390589.msg5188631.html#msg5188631

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2019, 12:27:27 PM »
Test flights on new terrain with lots of crashes. "You have trouble landing. Please do 10 touchandgoes before continuing." Cruel.

Internet down, can't fly online (yes, internet down happens, at least communication to HTC servers). Can't even spend the time planned to fly shooting offline drones. Cruel.

Do you realize you just made those up and they aren't actual problems?

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2019, 01:42:28 PM »
Do you realize you just made those up and they aren't actual problems?

We're living in a civilized nearly perfect world. It doesn't have to be famine, wild animals eating your kids, or similar to qualify as problems.

Obviously everything is made up at this point, because we're discussing a theoretical new feature, not ab existing one. Depending on specific details of the implementation these conditions could change from hypothetical made up to real.

You may have access to a preview and can already see how thong work in detail, and judge what effect things have on the various currently existing use-caes?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2019, 02:06:52 PM »
We're living in a civilized nearly perfect world. It doesn't have to be famine, wild animals eating your kids, or similar to qualify as problems.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2019, 03:34:54 PM »
Agreed.

Oh no, I don't disagree that it is lousy for a person with no physical flight controls and only the haziest idea of what an aileron is. I think most of those 40,000 downloaders,  broadly speaking, don't have any real interest in playing a simulation but rather want to play a game. I would be curious how many people with joysticks have the same discard rate. Compared to IL2 AH was like the sin qua non of easy to use player interface. I think if you had watched me trying IL2 with a weak computer you would have seen the same frustrated video. AH2 was simply amazing when I first tried it. It ran on my absolutely sub-par computer without graphics card and I could actually look around without track IR.

If you want new "players" to have a better time than maybe having a pop driven default to taking off automatically in a Spitfire with flashing text suggestions like "press+ to increase throttle - to decrease" (or whatever it is) playing constantly until a prominent opt out opt in check box is checked. I think that would be better than a sequence of training.

Pies not kicks.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2019, 06:20:57 PM »
Back in the day, there was a built-in market of joystick owning players leaving other games, Airwarrior etc. I have to wonder if the alternative games also use controllers as I remember one that did not.

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2019, 06:39:21 PM »
There's all kinds of joysticks at all kinds of cost:

Saamy owns a hotas. Why he doesn't want to use it is beyond me (unless he wants an excuse not to improve). The game can also accommodate a mouse and a game pad but just the thought of someone who claims to be a flight simmer that doesn't want a physical joystick is kinda, well, mind boggling. Its kinda like someone who wants to dogfight with a wii music accessory.