Author Topic: Thoughts.  (Read 23021 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Thoughts.
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2019, 02:03:43 PM »
I don't understand why someone like Brooke or FLS, or a special events coordinator, does not have access to website editting.

All we can be is a squeaky wheel I guess...

I don't do website editing. But it's nice of you to volunteer me.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2019, 02:21:04 PM »
Basically, it's like this...to see if our instructional system works for Aces High, I would need to sit down my wife and have her do the training to see if she can take off and play Aces High. If she can do it with the training, then anyone can.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2019, 04:39:32 PM »
Yes, or a discount off the subscription for a month after completing. 

“COMPLETE THIS TUTORIAL AND GET $5 OFF YOUR FIRST MONTH OF ACES HIGH.”

Or grant the free 2 weeks split into individual days for small steps of progress in training. First free online time after being able to take off, only to get shot down, obviously. But there's more training missions available to earn more free time. Sounds like a drug.

Avoid calling anything "forced", "help", or "training". People are pilots, and pilots are confident. They don't need training or help.

THEY ABSOLUTELY must be shown how to communicate.   Players who cannot ask for help are doomed.

I may have suggested this once or twice, but it would probably help if the default button to open the chat input bar was the same button as in basically every other game.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2019, 05:59:46 PM »
Basically, it's like this...to see if our instructional system works for Aces High, I would need to sit down my wife and have her do the training to see if she can take off and play Aces High. If she can do it with the training, then anyone can.

I did a clean install of the game to check out the experience and fired up my Oculus.

I was happily surprised with the multi-part video introductions. However, the experience isn't good overall. There are gaps when the player should be encouraged to take a specific action, or refrain from doing so, among other things. Some initial built-in game settings need to be tweaked imo, the Touch rudder setting was disabled.:huh  I'll try to compile a list, but the rest of you can do the same thing I've done. Save-rename your current Hitech Creations folder and reinstall the game like any new user. Disconnect your joystick, etc., or not, your choice. Start fresh.
You can use you current login ID and password without issues.

I suspect there will be a lot of useful comments from anyone who tests the new user's experience. Everything from the video window being too small for viewing, and the video image freezing if clicked while the voice-over continues, to ads (Trump atm) between videos if you don't move on to the next step in time.

:cheers:

Edit: My experience as a near 20 yr player has no connection to the new player's introduction to the game, zero, none.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 06:03:37 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2019, 01:05:05 PM »
Avoid calling anything "forced", "help", or "training". People are pilots, and pilots are confident. They don't need training or help.

How about "Qualification Course"?

Want to get rated to fly in Aces High Melee Arena?  Show us you got the right stuff.

Are you pilot enough?  ;)
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2019, 01:35:42 PM »
LOL

<‐------------- YOU MUST BE AT LEAST THIS TALL TO FLY IN THE MELEE ARENA
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Thoughts.
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2019, 01:55:29 PM »
I think the intent has been missed. We have pushed and pushed for Dale to incorporate training for new players to help get them up and running in the MA.

Dale has put the question to us.

What we do know is this:

A basic crash course that does not rely on videos or going to any external website but one that relies on hands on training is needed.

A simple hands on tutorial for the basic areas of the clipboard is needed.

A simple hands on tutorial of the chat buffer and dot commands is also needed.

This is not for the players that have been here for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2019, 02:24:32 PM »
I think the intent has been missed. We have pushed and pushed for Dale to incorporate training for new players to help get them up and running in the MA.

I thought the question was "What do you think about logging on?"   :D

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Thoughts.
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2019, 02:30:20 PM »
I am considering requiring a Login ID to do anything in AH including offline play.

I.E. At game start you must log in/create an account.

**** This would allow me to do things like force training missions on users and track their progress. ****

I believe almost all games that have an online component now work that way correct?

What are peoples thoughts.

HiTech

Pay attention the astriks

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2019, 02:38:47 PM »
I saw that. He's explaining the purpose of the login he asked about.

It's an exciting development.

I don't see where he asks for help designing training missions. 

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2019, 02:45:40 PM »
He hasn't, however, his statement does lend one to believe that the focus of his question is primarily based around new folks and how he can retain them by providing training and track training to ease the learning curve of this game.

While this does not exclude current players the intent is for new player retention. So any "mandatory" training would be tailored to those ends and to those topics I listed in a previous post.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2019, 02:47:37 PM »

How dare we have a conversation!

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2019, 03:24:23 PM »

What we do know is this:

A basic crash course that does not rely on videos or going to any external website but one that relies on hands on training is needed.

A simple hands on tutorial for the basic areas of the clipboard is needed.

A simple hands on tutorial of the chat buffer and dot commands is also needed.

This is not for the players that have been here for a while.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2019, 03:32:35 PM »
He hasn't, however, his statement does lend one to believe that the focus of his question is primarily based around new folks and how he can retain them by providing training and track training to ease the learning curve of this game.

While this does not exclude current players the intent is for new player retention. So any "mandatory" training would be tailored to those ends and to those topics I listed in a previous post.

Sounds like he was just too shy to ask for help.   :lol

I'm pretty sure the focus of his question was adding a login for all AH activities. 

How dare we have a conversation!

Said nobody ever.  But it's dramatic!   :D

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2019, 04:19:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure the focus of his question was adding a login for all AH activities.

Seems cruel for activities like building maps (cycling in and out of the game, with zero dependency to anything online). Data will probably show that the only other offline use is practicing impossible shots. Interesting data, possibly. Helpful to understand new players or even guide them, unlikely.