Author Topic: Thoughts.  (Read 23208 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Thoughts.
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2019, 12:28:26 PM »
You could make a specific wish in the Wishlist, have only fighters in match play and only one at a time until your ELO reaches a certain level. Keep it polite, skip the posturing, and make a reasonable argument.

TBH I thought I had. But it appears those have only been comments. I did make a Fighter Bowl post one time in the GD, but nothing really came out of it. Perhaps I will then when I have some time to sit down and write it out.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2019, 12:42:59 PM »
so, why not get rid of every arena except the MA, bring back the DA and try to staff the training arena 24/7?

Add an arena member count to the main website and edit the the forum style to accommodate the same information. It's SMF I believe so this shouldn't be a problem.

Add a very basic "hands on" overlay tutorial for new players as well as move the .help output from the chat buffer to a clipboard side panel that is always available as a listed item nested in the settings menu.

:salute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2019, 01:03:12 PM »
try to staff the training arena 24/7?

I'm very curious how that could be made possible  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #198 on: October 11, 2019, 01:20:53 PM »

I'm very curious how that could be made possible  :headscratch:

Certify more people as trainers and have them sort a rotation to man the training arena 24/7

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #199 on: October 11, 2019, 01:25:27 PM »

Certify more people as trainers and have them sort a rotation to man the training arena 24/7

And people are supposed to just sit there for hours and hours in empty arena hoping someone stops by for some training?

That would be dedication.  :salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: October 11, 2019, 01:28:37 PM »
What about a trainer AI?  Tho it may be hard to code... So idk.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2019, 01:31:55 PM »

That would essentially be a job then, and people usually do expect to get paid for a job ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2019, 01:37:25 PM »

And people are supposed to just sit there for hours and hours in empty arena hoping someone stops by for some training?

That would be dedication.  :salute

Not at all, Have a clipboard side bar that opens with the following information:

Welcome to the training arena!

The following trainers are online:

Trainer1: click here to request help/training

Trainer2: click here to request help/training

Trainer3: click here to request help/training

Trainer4: click here to request help/training

Note: Please allow a few minutes for the requested trainer to respond

The requested trainer will receive a notification that he is requested in the training arena.

In the event that the requested trainer goes off line the requesting individual will be added to a queue and the the remaining online trainers will receive the notification and then another notification stating which trainer went to the TA.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2019, 01:52:32 PM »
Not at all, Have a clipboard side bar that opens with the following information:

Welcome to the training arena!

That might work with a system for them to mark themselves available/unavailable like cab drivers.  The good thing is you need a much lower level of trainer to at least help get a newbie up to speed, so a lot of guys would be qualified as a newbie "greeter" even if they aren't part of the high priesthood.  ;)

So you are suggesting getting rid of AvA and WW1WF? 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2019, 02:15:28 PM »
Respectfully, I think you've misunderstood.

I believe WO:P fills the basic position you posited.

I agree the match arena would improve with some adjustments.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2019, 02:19:15 PM »
TBH I thought I had. But it appears those have only been comments. I did make a Fighter Bowl post one time in the GD, but nothing really came out of it. Perhaps I will then when I have some time to sit down and write it out.

You can copy paste this one.  :D

"Please adjust the AI in match play so you fight one bandit at a time and you only fight fighters.  This will likely be more fun and more useful as training.  Thank you. "

:aok

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2019, 02:25:18 PM »

So you are suggesting getting rid of AvA and WW1WF? 

Get rid of, no. Perhaps a consolidation of sorts.

Merge the SEA arenas with the AVA as the events are AVA themed.

Create a ladder arena for events like King of the Hill, Jeep racing etc...

The WWI arena is cool, edit the title to say "aircraft only".

Sometimes having a dozen options puts people off as they are often looking for direction when they start a new game.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2019, 02:28:16 PM »

Get rid of, no. Perhaps a consolidation of sorts.

I can agree with that, somewhat. 

What do you think about this option?
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,397974.0.html

Oh, and give me WWI tanks and ships and I'll put them in!  :D

« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 02:40:34 PM by CptTrips »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2019, 02:43:11 PM »
Sometimes having a dozen options puts people off as they are often looking for direction when they start a new game.

So they should only see the Training Arena.  :aok

Note: Please allow a few minutes for the requested trainer to respond

The requested trainer will receive a notification that he is requested in the training arena.

In the event that the requested trainer goes off line the requesting individual will be added to a queue and the the remaining online trainers will receive the notification and then another notification stating which trainer went to the TA.

The reason we have appointments for training is because the trainers are volunteers, who like to play the game.  Waiting to train somebody is a pointless waste of time. We have done it anyway just in case it helps someone.

There is no line of players waiting for training.  That's not a problem that needs solving at this time.

... The good thing is you need a much lower level of trainer to at least help get a newbie up to speed, so a lot of guys would be qualified as a newbie "greeter" even if they aren't part of the high priesthood.  ;)

We call those guys "players" not low level trainers. We appreciate their help.  :aok

A trainer needs to understand what a trainee is trying to do, what they're actually doing, and what they need to do. And has to be able to explain it.  You cover what's in the training material but the main thing is getting the trainee to understand the things that aren't intuitive like the lead turn, lift/drag curve, and A2A gunnery.

At the same time you help with the game you also represent HTC the business. I doubt HTC would want less qualified trainers.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 02:56:51 PM by FLS »

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2019, 03:16:59 PM »
In Warbirds we had training schedules en Euro, and US time zone, we got a free trainers account,we we marked by wings, in my case it was =save=, and we got an extra account when we wanted fly incognito.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera